Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FULLY FIT SQUAD FOR BORO "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Every player is fit for the trip to 'Boro, Don Cowie who was rested after pulling his hamstrng slightly in training will be fit for Saturday and Filip Kiss has overcome his recent illness.

On to Boro and come back with 3 points :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74867

Re: FULLY FIT SQUAD FOR 'BORO

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 pm

What's the odds on Malky still playing the same players fully fit squad or not!

Re: FULLY FIT SQUAD FOR 'BORO

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:What's the odds on Malky still playing the same players fully fit squad or not!

Boro away it would make sense to bring back cowie in otherwise it's the team I'd play also.

Re: " FULLY FIT SQUAD FOR 'BORO "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 pm

My team would be...

Marshall
McNaughton Hudson Turner Taylor
Kiss McPhail
Cowie Gunnarsson Whittingham
Mason

SUBS: Heaton, Blake, Lawrence, Miller, Gestede

i'd like to see Conway come in for the home matches though with Whitts moved inside and also play 2 up front.
when we're at home, and we play effective 5 central midfieders because our wide men (Conway aside) like to move inside, its playing right into the hands of opponents like Millwall, Burnley and Hull who come to CCS and shut up shop, like to make it tight, and hit us on the counter attack... we need to stretch them more at home in my opinion, and having Cowie and Conway either side like we did at the beggining of the season would do this. It generally worked then.

Also, as much as i like Miller and would play him at home, it's clear he's out of form at the moment and i love how Joe Mason opens the space for the midfielders with his runs, which could be crucial away from home (against Boro). Mason is certainly NOT a winger, as he's been being played. So Mason would definitely be my first choice striker at the moment.

Re: " FULLY FIT SQUAD FOR 'BORO "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:My team would be...

Marshall
McNaughton Hudson Turner Taylor
Kiss McPhail
Cowie Gunnarsson Whittingham
Mason

SUBS: Heaton, Blake, Lawrence, Miller, Gestede

i'd like to see Conway come in for the home matches though with Whitts moved inside and also play 2 up front.
when we're at home, and we play effective 5 central midfieders because our wide men (Conway aside) like to move inside, its playing right into the hands of opponents like Millwall, Burnley and Hull who come to CCS and shut up shop, like to make it tight, and hit us on the counter attack... we need to stretch them more at home in my opinion, and having Cowie and Conway either side like we did at the beggining of the season would do this. It generally worked then.

Also, as much as i like Miller and would play him at home, it's clear he's out of form at the moment and i love how Joe Mason opens the space for the midfielders with his runs, which could be crucial away from home (against Boro). Mason is certainly NOT a winger, as he's been being played. So Mason would definitely be my first choice striker at the moment.

Kiss, mcphail and gunnarsson to similar.. 2 out of 3..

Re: " FULLY FIT SQUAD FOR BORO "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:16 pm

So what! we only have a squad of 12 or so it seems

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 pm

robbo wrote:So what! we only have a squad of 12 or so it seems

Was going to say the same, could have 30 fit, would make no difference. What's the odds on unchanged team?lol

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:
robbo wrote:So what! we only have a squad of 12 or so it seems

Was going to say the same, could have 30 fit, would make no difference. What's the odds on unchanged team?lol

How many changes would u make for boro away then? What would be your team?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Marshall
Blake Hudson turner Taylor
Lawrence whittlingham gunnarson Conway
Earnshaw gestede

Heaton
Mcnaughton
Conway
Mason
Miller

That's what I'd try but I'm sure Il get slated for it.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Marshall
Blake Hudson turner Taylor
Lawrence whittlingham gunnarson Conway
Earnshaw gestede

Heaton
Mcnaughton
Conway
Mason
Miller

That's what I'd try but I'm sure Il get slated for it.

No reason to get slated for it :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Should be cowie on bench and not a double Conway lol.
Anyway never going to happen, everybody has their own opinion. We will play 4-5-1 and hope to get a point but in my view a win is what we need. Some fresh legs is what is needed. As Blackpool showed making a few changes works

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:22 am

We need to get back to playing the higher tempo style of football we were producing through October / November, if we have the legs for it. Sadly we have changed to a slower style, MM describes it as probing, and it is not a coincidence that since Lawrence and more recently McPhail have been in the starting line ups that our tempo has slowed considerably.

I would like to see this team play Boro, although there is a snowballs chance that MM will pick it;

Marshall

MacNaughton
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Cowie
Gunnarsonn
Kiss
Whitts
Conway

Miller

Subs;

Heaton
Blake
McPhail
Mason
Lawrence

I think that team will give us a better tempo and if we can get in front we will have experienced players like McPhail and Lawrence to calm things down later in the game.

But a snowballs chance.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:23 pm

castleblue wrote:We need to get back to playing the higher tempo style of football we were producing through October / November, if we have the legs for it. Sadly we have changed to a slower style, MM describes it as probing, and it is not a coincidence that since Lawrence and more recently McPhail have been in the starting line ups that our tempo has slowed considerably.

I would like to see this team play Boro, although there is a snowballs chance that MM will pick it;

Marshall

MacNaughton
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Cowie
Gunnarsonn
Kiss
Whitts
Conway

Miller

Subs;

Heaton
Blake
McPhail
Mason
Lawrence

I think that team will give us a better tempo and if we can get in front we will have experienced players like McPhail and Lawrence to calm things down later in the game.

But a snowballs chance.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My team would be along those lines, maybe McPhail for Gunnar

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Marshall

Blake
Hudson
Turner
Taylor/Naylor

Conway
Kiss
Whits
Cowie
Gunnarson

Mason

Subs
Heaton
Ralls
Super Kevin
Harris
Miller

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 am

Hello Friends,
How are you all? I am new to this thread and I welcome to all of you here on this thread and I am glad to be a part of this site.