Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW ABOUT WE TRY SOME SHOOTING !!!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:59 pm

if any of you players are reading this ....if your in a good position ffs shoot thats what us fans want to see !!!!!!

Re: HOW ABOUT WE TRY SOME SHOOTING !!!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Totally agree. Our Sunday League 11 a side team barely scored before Christmas because we just weren't shooting. We started shooting on site since Christmas and our results and goals scored have been much better. Sometimes football is over-complicated and you just need a good shooting fest to get the win.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:13 pm

We seem to want to pass the ball into the net too often.
The only times we've really seen good goals this season are from Whitts. And Gunnar's goal against Barnsley.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:14 pm

i can handle losing if we've put in a good effort but it hasnt been happenning ...we,re not even making goalies to make saves.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Agree 100%

No matter what Malky or anyone says our players are short of confidence at the moment because we haven't scored many of late (especially Kenny Miller) and we're not creating much. If there's no confidence or belief then they'll always opt for a sideways pass and not take the responsibility.

Someone needs to step up and take the responsibility... fast.

:D

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:59 pm

NickPenarth wrote:Agree 100%

No matter what Malky or anyone says our players are short of confidence at the moment because we haven't scored many of late (especially Kenny Miller) and we're not creating much. If there's no confidence or belief then they'll always opt for a sideways pass and not take the responsibility.

Spot on in my opinion.
The number of times players had the chance to shoot but kept taking extra touches showed massive lack of confidence because they don't want to piss off already disgruntle fans.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
NickPenarth wrote:Agree 100%

Spot on in my opinion.
The number of times players had the chance to shoot but kept taking extra touches showed massive lack of confidence because they don't want to piss off already disgruntle fans.

I agree but sometimes fans are expecting too much. At Birmingham there were some fans behind me screaming for us to shoot......from just before the corner flag. Another time, with our player being boxed and pressured by 3 Brummys and he then passed it away, the sensible option to do so we can build up again but these fans were going "FFS get a shot off!" as if its perfectly normal for a football to magically phase through people :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Its been noticeable in recent games that we are not the team shooting when we get the opportunity but its the opposition who are always shooting on sight. If you don't try you don't score. We had our first shot on target against Burnley in the 46th minute and that was a Whitts free quick. it was good to see Mc Phail have a go against Millwall. Never mind about 15 touch football around the area and not creating anything - just sideways passing. Sometimes if we have the opportunity just give it a go. I think that Whitts is the only one that will have a go.

It would be great if we could play fancy football and score cracking goals but sometimes we need to take a chance and shoot for goal. Other teams at the moment are showing us how to do it. Who thought Burke would have scored against Doncaster last week from where he was. He had a go and he scored, and he hasn't the best shot ! Never mind trying to walk it into the net. Give it a go.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh I know fans are fickle lol a guy who sits a couple of rows behind me shouted to earnie shoot for fucks sake, he did, and it went high and wide and within seconds he said he's shit why did he shoot from that position :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Oh I know fans are fickle lol a guy who sits a couple of rows behind me shouted to earnie shoot for fucks sake, he did, and it went high and wide and within seconds he said he's shit why did he shoot from that position :lol:

My mate was telling me about someone sat behind him at the Millwall game. "Get Miller off, he's shit! Get Earnie on!" Earnie comes on, skys the chance. "For fucks sake Earnie! Your shit! Get Miller back on!" :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 pm

"HOW ABOUT WE TRY SOME SHOOTING !!!"
Ok then, I will bring my shotgun and perhaps we will start with the stewards first :lol:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:54 pm

This seasons stats so far for those interested:

Whitts 40 games 108 attempts
Miller 35+2 sub 73 attempts
Gunnarsson 35+1 46 attempts
Conway 23+7 34 attempts
Cowie 39 31 attempts
Earnshaw 8+6 32 attempts
Mason 19+15 30 attempts

Whitts is obviously head and shoulders above the others for efforts on goal but he does take the majority of set pieces.
Earnie has a good ratio considering the lack of time on the pitch whilst Cowie has had 31 attempts in 39 games.
The majority have a 50/50 ratio of on/off target except Mason which is about 75% on target. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Agree with this as they always seem to take that extra touch or pass when I am talking to myself ffs shoooooooooooootttttt