Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHO WOULD YOU KEEP FOR NEXT SEASON ? "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:59 am

How many of our team players would you keep for next season, I dont think for 1min even if we make the play offs we would win them.
So out of our team players who would you keep ? and why do you think they should stay ?

I would keep

MARSHALL ,HEATON Most times he is cool, I just wish he would command his space more and when he comes for a ball really put his full body into it. But he has made some really cool saves. HEATON again great on his day, and he do some times have better days than MARSHALL .

WHITTS, He is the heart of our team and has goal scoring abilitys from free play & spot kicks and he can always with one kick win a game for us.

SUPER MACK & BIG BEN ,HUDSON, TAYLOR ? Kev has not been at his very best in the last few months ,but he still puts in a 100% every game and has the speed to pair up with a good wide man, that can course many problems for other teams. As for Big Ben he has been like a rock at the back with a little more speed he would be worth his corn. Hudson, this is a sound player that would put his body on the line to stop a goal, but when he clears balls down field it mostly ends up with the other team coming at us again. Now I have a problem with Taylor, alot of our goals this season has come from teams coming at us down the left and I feel Big Ben has had to cover for him many times. But I would give him another chance in the team.

DARCY BLAKE, Again another head game problem, he ok for Wales yet cant keep a place in our team. He must have upset Malky in some way , but Darcy is a fine player and works and run his head of when given the chance.

ANTHONY GERRARD Here yet again someone who has spoken out and Malky has put him in the naughty corner, I reckon he is a sound player and brings a little speed to the back, but again he pumps ball up field and the ball dont always get where it should go. But as long as the danger is cleared do it really matter where the ball goes as long as its not in the back of our net.

MASON, Now as for our front men I would want Joe to stay, he again puts in a full shift and always is big problems in the way he run at defenses and with run, pull players out of position which opens things up. Joe is going to be one hell of a players but he needs to build up his body so he is like a little Tank, then god help other teams that try to keep him in check.

CRAIG CONWAY, I feel this guys has really had the shit end of the stick of Malky ! But , in saying that to be really fair we dont really know the reason he has not been playing. All I know and see is that when he comes on he can change the play , and he gives the full team another option, and really widens the field of play for us. Yes I have seen him make some really back passes and give the ball away in Midfield , But tell me one player that hasnt done the same.

DON COWIE, MALKY SON as he is known in the DR, but again he puts in 100% every game and again can course all kinds of problems when he runs at teams , I just wish he would couple up with Super Kev more and have them speedy run which courses all kind of panic around and in the box.

JOE RALLS Again one for the future , but its now we need the quality , Yes we have some great young players , but we need a good blend of quality and young. I dont think we have that Balance right at this time.

STEPHEN McPHAIL Im sure we all really feel for Stephen, when at his best he is really sound and can put his foot on that ball and change the game and like Whitts sees things and changes the play in the wink of an eye.

FILIP KISS, Again this guy in a few years with the right kind of players around him to bring him on, is going to be a really good player.

Well these are my guys, yes ok we still have Quinn & Naylor but they havent been in the team this season, and looks like Malky has no thought of even letting them near the Bench. One thing I dont like about Malky is, if you fall out with him ,then you have no chance of playing, even if there is a player week in week out who has bad games , Malky will play him than a player thats not in his gang.

Re: WHO WOULD YOU KEEP FOR NEXT SEASON ?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:03 am

None of them, flog them all and start again.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am

Gunnarson?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Die Walkure wrote:Gunnarson?

Nope

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Heaton, Taylor, Turner, Hudson, Whitts, Gunnarson out of the senior players and thats it.

Obviously Mason, Ralls, Harris, Kiss and try to bring them through sparingly but not be overly reliant on them

The midfield / flanks / forwards need to be seriously addressed. Is Malky the man to address it? From his signings and his style of play I am not so sure he knows whats required going forward.

Being a defender then he seems to know how to defend, just doesnt know how to attack.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Heaton,Turner,Taylor,Gunnerson, Hudson, Kiss,Ralls,Mason

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Marshall, kev, taylor, hudson, turner, whitts, gunners, conway, cowie ,miller, heaton, mcphail, kiss,blake,mason, rolls,

get rid
naylor, quinn, earnie, rudy. gerrard,

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Heaton,Turner,Taylor,Gunnerson, Hudson, Kiss,Ralls,Mason

Ohhh F**k forgot Whitt :ayatollah: rest of them are proving to be inadequate :x

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Marshall, Heaton, kev, Hudson, turner, Taylor, witts, gunarrson, Kiss, mcphail, cowie, Conway, miller, mason.

Maybe darcy for then bench but if a new RB is brought in then kev can do the utility role on the bench and obviously keep developing the likes of ralls, Harris and co

So much dead wood to get rid of tho and key areas to fill the .

Re: " WHO WOULD YOU KEEP FOR NEXT SEASON ? "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

At least 9 players will be leaving this May.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Who's out of contract this summer?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:03 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:How many of our team players would you keep for next season, I dont think for 1min even if we make the play offs we would win them.
So out of our team players who would you keep ? and why do you think they should stay ?

I would keep

MARSHALL ,HEATON Most times he is cool, I just wish he would command his space more and when he comes for a ball really put his full body into it. But he has made some really cool saves. HEATON again great on his day, and he do some times have better days than MARSHALL .

WHITTS, He is the heart of our team and has goal scoring abilitys from free play & spot kicks and he can always with one kick win a game for us.

SUPER MACK & BIG BEN ,HUDSON, TAYLOR ? Kev has not been at his very best in the last few months ,but he still puts in a 100% every game and has the speed to pair up with a good wide man, that can course many problems for other teams. As for Big Ben he has been like a rock at the back with a little more speed he would be worth his corn. Hudson, this is a sound player that would put his body on the line to stop a goal, but when he clears balls down field it mostly ends up with the other team coming at us again. Now I have a problem with Taylor, alot of our goals this season has come from teams coming at us down the left and I feel Big Ben has had to cover for him many times. But I would give him another chance in the team.

DARCY BLAKE, Again another head game problem, he ok for Wales yet cant keep a place in our team. He must have upset Malky in some way , but Darcy is a fine player and works and run his head of when given the chance.

ANTHONY GERRARD Here yet again someone who has spoken out and Malky has put him in the naughty corner, I reckon he is a sound player and brings a little speed to the back, but again he pumps ball up field and the ball dont always get where it should go. But as long as the danger is cleared do it really matter where the ball goes as long as its not in the back of our net.

MASON, Now as for our front men I would want Joe to stay, he again puts in a full shift and always is big problems in the way he run at defenses and with run, pull players out of position which opens things up. Joe is going to be one hell of a players but he needs to build up his body so he is like a little Tank, then god help other teams that try to keep him in check.

CRAIG CONWAY, I feel this guys has really had the shit end of the stick of Malky ! But , in saying that to be really fair we dont really know the reason he has not been playing. All I know and see is that when he comes on he can change the play , and he gives the full team another option, and really widens the field of play for us. Yes I have seen him make some really back passes and give the ball away in Midfield , But tell me one player that hasnt done the same.

DON COWIE, MALKY SON as he is known in the DR, but again he puts in 100% every game and again can course all kinds of problems when he runs at teams , I just wish he would couple up with Super Kev more and have them speedy run which courses all kind of panic around and in the box.

JOE RALLS Again one for the future , but its now we need the quality , Yes we have some great young players , but we need a good blend of quality and young. I dont think we have that Balance right at this time.

STEPHEN McPHAIL Im sure we all really feel for Stephen, when at his best he is really sound and can put his foot on that ball and change the game and like Whitts sees things and changes the play in the wink of an eye.

FILIP KISS, Again this guy in a few years with the right kind of players around him to bring him on, is going to be a really good player.

Well these are my guys, yes ok we still have Quinn & Naylor but they havent been in the team this season, and looks like Malky has no thought of even letting them near the Bench. One thing I dont like about Malky is, if you fall out with him ,then you have no chance of playing, even if there is a player week in week out who has bad games , Malky will play him than a player thats not in his gang.

Wasnt blake pissed again last week?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Heaton Gerrard Earnshaw Parkin Blake Quinn Naylor .

Would be supprised if any of the above were on the books next term.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:At least 9 players will be leaving this May.

at least,

heaton, earnshaw, gerrard, keinan, parkin, wildig, taiwo, quinn, naylor, blake, jarvis. heres 11 for starters..

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:At least 9 players will be leaving this May.

at least,

heaton, earnshaw, gerrard, keinan, parkin, wildig, taiwo, quinn, naylor, blake, jarvis. heres 11 for starters..

Jarvis signed a new deal under MM I think he'll go back to County for another year.

Blake will stay I feel and i've "heard" that Quinn may have had a look in at this moment but is actually injured.

So yeah

Heaton, Earnshaw, Gerrard, Keinan, Parkin, Wildig, Taiwo, Naylor.

Stacks of wages freed up which is good. Feel for Keinan though, much better than Gerrard.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:24 pm

We need better than both Keinan and Gerrard though.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 am

I would do my best if I was Malky to keep hold of Whittingham, Mason, Cowie would try and sign Lawrence on a permanent. Also keep ralls and mcphail 2.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:00 am

Marshall, Heaton, mcnaughton, Hudson, turner, Taylor, whittingham, cowie conway gunnarsson mason miller Gestede and keinan

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

Not sure if i would keep Malky :o :o

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:We need better than both Keinan and Gerrard though.

Not as back-up centre halfs we dont. They are both good enough to play back-up at this level.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:21 pm

polo wrote:

Not as back-up centre halfs we dont. They are both good enough to play back-up at this level.

My opinion is that a team should have three good centre backs, its what DJ used to work on and I think generally it worked - Purse, Loovens, Johnson.

Three good CB's means you can cover injuries and suspensions, keep the current first two under pressure and change depending on form. I doubt Hudson or Turner are concerned about the availability of players like Gerrard and Keinan.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:

My opinion is that a team should have three good centre backs, its what DJ used to work on and I think generally it worked - Purse, Loovens, Johnson.

Three good CB's means you can cover injuries and suspensions, keep the current first two under pressure and change depending on form. I doubt Hudson or Turner are concerned about the availability of players like Gerrard and Keinan.

No one in the first XI is worried lets be honest because MM only changes it when injuries force his hand :lol:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Don't think Keinan is that bad, he was arguably our best CB last seasyon, certainly better than Gyepes and McNaughton when deployed there. Think he's a lot better than Gerrard, but yeah he is going fundamentally.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Finally someone else who realises the left back leak, very often down the left e.e Blackpool home this season, should have been marking K Phillips at back post bang too late, slipped far too easily for their third and forgot to put the second block in for their first goal for some reason.

I'd keep though:

Heaton, Marshall

Kev(defensive priority, rarely go forward as he gets criticizm), Hudson, Turner, Taylor, Gerrard

Darcy, Kiss, Whitts, Gunnar,Cowie(as a central midfielder), Conway(backup), Ralls, Mason, Miller(1 year left on contract), Rudy, Kiss.

the 9 players to leave I think are:

Naylor
Taiwo
Keinan
Wildig
Gerrard
Earnie
Quinn
Meades
Jarvis

Can't see much else leaving, Rudy's a threat and key to so many of our goals this season which sadly some don't see for some reason, feel for him really,

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Gerrard can't stay and go ;)

Ps he has to go :D

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 am

2blue2handle wrote:Gerrard can't stay and go ;)

Luke he is 100% going.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:06 am

Taylor :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 pm

get rid of earnie, parkin, gerrard, naylor, quinn, and even darcy!... if malky don't want them for reasons such as they're not good enough or they don't fit into his plans then let them go!

this summer he needs to bring in an experienced target man up front to support miller or possibly a younger but experienced goal poacher! he needs also a quality winger who can turn games and run rings around defences!... this is what we've lacked all season is a little bit more threat up front, to much reliance on midfield! teams know now once they shut out our central midfield they got us in the bag! so maybe aswell we need another playmaker in midfield to support whitts and gunnarson!

teams aren't scared to come to the City no more because they got us figured out, they know they can control play once whitts is locked out. it's not as if malky hasn't got a plan B, it's just as if he hasn't got the squad to turn a game where needed! i remain positive that we can make play offs if key players start scoring goals, but honestly next season with the right squad we can challenge for automatic positions as we all know malky can get us playing well!... in malky we trust, and if it's not this year i believe we'll be there next! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Gerrard can't stay and go ;)

Luke he is 100% going.

Yeah and good riddance :)

I just said that as CCFC24 put Gerrard in his to stay list and his get rid of list.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Out of our current squad:

Marshall - Keep
McNaughton - Keep
Taylor - Keep
Kiss - Keep
Hudson - Keep
Gerrard - Go (Only if we bring a decent replacement)
Whittingham - Keep (Personally I think he'll leave if we don't go up :(
Cowie - Keep
Miller - Keep
Earnshaw - Go (Needs playing time) :(
Conway - Stay
Lawrence - Go (Not good enough)
Quinn - Go
Gestede - Keep
Parkin - Go
Gunnarsson - Keep
Naylor - Go
Mason - Keep (No.1 Striker)