Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BUYING SHARES IN CCFC

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:09 am

Anyone have any info on how I can go about this?

Is there a minimum spend i heard they are around 15p a share minimum spend £500 or so?

Thanks

Re: BUYING SHARES IN CCFC

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:29 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Anyone have any info on how I can go about this?

Is there a minimum spend i heard they are around 15p a share minimum spend £500 or so?

Thanks

They are not usually available to purchase as it is a private company set up.

The last available shares to purchase in Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Limited were only available to existing shreholders (and not many of them took up the offer as it was heavily undersubscribed).

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 am

since62 wrote:

Thanks

The last available shares to purchase in Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Limited were only available to existing shreholders (and not many of them took up the offer as it was heavily undersubscribed).

Hi Keith, I have a few hundred shares (the certificates anyway) in my late fathers name.
Not that I would get rid of them as I have them framed at home,(sentimental) but are these actually worth anything?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:12 am

SBF1 wrote:
since62 wrote:

Thanks

Hi Keith, I have a few hundred shares (the certificates anyway) in my late fathers name.
Not that I would get rid of them as I have them framed at home,(sentimental) but are these actually worth anything?

Virtually worthless in terms of selling value to be honest , especially if your father bought them in the Sam Hammam era or earlier , as all of those shares were reduced to 1/10th of their original value (including his Rudgwick ones) when he left.

But their value to you as a reminder of your father is almost certainly priceless , so that`s their real value.

Keith

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 pm

since62 wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
since62 wrote:

Thanks

Virtually worthless in terms of selling value to be honest , especially if your father bought them in the Sam Hammam era or earlier , as all of those shares were reduced to 1/10th of their original value (including his Rudgwick ones) when he left.

But their value to you as a reminder of your father is almost certainly priceless , so that`s their real value.

Keith

Thanks for the answer Keith.
I had guessed as much that they were worth little, but never tried to find out. They were bought pre and during the Sam era. They do look quite impressive framed (only if you're a Cardiff fan I suppose) and yes they always remind me of my father. I was there the day one of the certificates arrived in the post. My father's face was a picture, and like a lot of fans at the time, he thought he had made a nice little investment.