Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EX CITY PLAYER to the jacks?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 am

Swansea considering move for Villa defender Collins in bid to strengthen backline
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 06:30, 2 April 2012 | UPDATED: 06:30, 2 April 2012
Comments (2)

Swansea are preparing for a second season in the Barclays Premier League by weighing up an offer for Aston Villa centre-back James Collins.
The Wales international defender is approaching the final year of his contract and could be available for around £5million in the summer.
Collins, 28, signed for the Midlands club from West Ham in 2009 and scored his first goal of the season in Villa's 4-2 defeat to Chelsea on Saturday.

He began his career at Swansea's Welsh rivals Cardiff City and made his international debut in 2004.
Along with fellow defender Richard Dunne, Collins was fined two weeks' wages last year following a boozy row with staff after a team-bonding exercise.
With Villa hovering just outside the relegation battle, he could be tempted by a switch, reported in the Daily Mirror.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Villa.html

Re: EX CITY PLAYER to the jacks?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:46 am

SBF1 wrote:Swansea considering move for Villa defender Collins in bid to strengthen backline
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 06:30, 2 April 2012 | UPDATED: 06:30, 2 April 2012
Comments (2)

Swansea are preparing for a second season in the Barclays Premier League by weighing up an offer for Aston Villa centre-back James Collins.
The Wales international defender is approaching the final year of his contract and could be available for around £5million in the summer.
Collins, 28, signed for the Midlands club from West Ham in 2009 and scored his first goal of the season in Villa's 4-2 defeat to Chelsea on Saturday.

He began his career at Swansea's Welsh rivals Cardiff City and made his international debut in 2004.
Along with fellow defender Richard Dunne, Collins was fined two weeks' wages last year following a boozy row with staff after a team-bonding exercise.
With Villa hovering just outside the relegation battle, he could be tempted by a switch, reported in the Daily Mirror.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Villa.html

Collins doesnt care about Wales or Cardiff

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:05 am

If cardiff paid 1m for him i'd be gutted..

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:01 pm

jinks-rct wrote:If cardiff paid 1m for him i'd be gutted..

:lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

move on nothing to see here .

admititly we'll probably have to replace Chaukler but there's better than Collins out there. Dare I say it yours & my favourite, Alan Tate is probably is in front of him in terms of defence duties

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

he would probably weaken them, dont rate him anymore :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

move on nothing to see here .

admititly we'll probably have to replace Chaukler but there's better than Collins out there. Dare I say it yours & my favourite, Alan Tate is probably is in front of him in terms of defence duties

Leave it there will you. Tate is no better than Joan Collins. And shes wearing high heels.

James Collins 5m though :lol: To the Jacks especially. I bet they wont even part with 5 million to sign that wonder kid theyve currently got on loan.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:17 pm

If we pay 5 mill for him i will ask for my 700 for me and my boys season tickets for next season back,,he is shit and tate will do the same job,,a player who might fit tho is rodger johonston if wolves go down??

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:22 pm

swansealad69 wrote:If we pay 5 mill for him i will ask for my 700 for me and my boys season tickets for next season back,,he is shit and tate will do the same job,,a player who might fit tho is rodger johonston if wolves go down??

Johnson has lost it more than Collins, I wouldn't want either at Cardiff City.