Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our home teams and away teams

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 am

One area I would go as far as faulting Malky would be the team selection he adopts for home matches and away matches. Essentially they are both the same, in terms of personnel and tactics.

Playing 5 narrow players in the midfield has worked a treat for us away from home as we effeftively say to the opposition go around us if you can, whilst we have got talent in the midfield that can secure, maintain and dangerously utilise possession.

However the same approach us undertaken at home which as a result provokes the type of awful non-eventful games we've been served up at CCS recently, purely because we are watching two teams set up as a 'away' team, each saying to the other come at me if you want anything out of the game - all we then get is a standoffish match with f**k all to cheer about or get any adrenalin flowing.

The key problem for me in regard to our home form, is as already highlighted by countless people on this board, lack of width in tactics and personnel. If out and out wingers were chosen in our home games I truly believe we would've secured a play off spot and maybe more by this point.

Malky has had quite a few oppportunities thus far to correct this issue, but has chosen not to - which does raise eyebrows as to what Conway and Co have actually done to deserve the minimal opportunities presented to them.

We're in for a very interesting couple of weeks I think.

Re: Our home teams and away teams

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 am

Good post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 am

Good post mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:47 am

I have highlighted the concern over recent weeks where Malky persists with his 4-5-1 and is frightened to mix things up. We came too predictable some time ago and teams come to CCS knowing what they ae going to face. I can understand Malkys thinking if you are playing top of the table teams, but when you are playing teams near the bottom, e.g. Coventry/Millwall lets go for it and attack. Lets go and score goals and get the 3poits and get to the play offs rather than playing safe with the trusted 4-5-1, very few chances game. We are the ones that need the 3 points to make the play offs. A point per game is no-good.

I have no issues at all playing that formation away from home but at home lets make CCS a fortress and go on the attack and get the points. At the moment coming to the CCS seems an easy touch for away teams. :ayatollah: