Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Never mind the result we worked hard

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:13 am

Why does Malkay along with most managers in their aftermatch interview keep trying to ram down our throats how hard their players worked.
For the money they get paid I would have thought working hard for 90 mins is a given and nothing to shout from the rooftops about they should try working hard for 40 hours a week like the rest of us .[ok some of us]
I imagine managers must all go to the same how to deal with the media school'

1 tell them how hard the lads worked[even if they didn't get anywhere]

2 Tell the fans how passionate and fantastic they are [even if the only noise heard is yawns]

3 Concentrate on how you were ripped off by the ref [conveniently forgetting about any decisions that go in your favour]

That way with a bit of luck the fans will start to believe they saw a good game and will come back for more next week.

Re: Never mind the result we worked hard

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:13 am

HE's sticking up for his workers/squad/himself.. behind the scenes is a diferent story.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 am

How can u say that giving their best isnt good enough? If we lose 5-0 to Doncaster but we tried our best, there is not a lot we can do im afraid.

All city fans said "WE APPRECIATE A HARD WORKING TEAM" now we've all got it, its not f***ing good enough for u all! Just support the boys, the 12th man makes a difference, now bloody sort it out!! I appreciate the team giving their best.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:20 am

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:How can u say that giving their best isnt good enough? If we lose 5-0 to Doncaster but we tried our best, there is not a lot we can do im afraid.

All city fans said "WE APPRECIATE A HARD WORKING TEAM" now we've all got it, its not f***ing good enough for u all! Just support the boys, the 12th man makes a difference, now bloody sort it out!! I appreciate the team giving their best.

Them last two sentences ... Summed up perfectly! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:31 am

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:How can u say that giving their best isnt good enough? If we lose 5-0 to Doncaster but we tried our best, there is not a lot we can do im afraid.

I agree fickle fans. Watch the same fans forget how they turned against the team the manager and the owners if we do well next season.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:12 pm

If we lost 5-0 to doncaster whilst trying our best then it really would be time to give up,however my point is that after every game malkay and a lot of other managers can't wait to tell us how hard their players have worked and I always think so what thats what your paid for.
Nothing against malkay by the way, think he has done a great job with what he's got though they do appear to be fizzling out now but at least we're in the top half of the table.
Our slow demise seems to have coincided with lawrence joinig us personally I think Joe ralls whilst young looked far more dangerous to the opposistion but he seems to have gone off the radar,also please give Earnie a couple of full 90 mins he always looks lively when he comes on but 10 mins here or there is not long enough.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:53 pm

barrybluebird wrote:

If we lost 5-0 to doncaster whilst trying our best then it really would be time to give up,however my point is that after every game malkay and a lot of other managers can't wait to tell us how hard their players have worked and I always think so what thats what your paid for.
Nothing against malkay by the way, think he has done a great job with what he's got though they do appear to be fizzling out now but at least we're in the top half of the table.
Our slow demise seems to have coincided with lawrence joinig us personally I think Joe ralls whilst young looked far more dangerous to the opposistion but he seems to have gone off the radar,also please give Earnie a couple of full 90 mins he always looks lively when he comes on but 10 mins here or there is not long enough.

It's a bit unfair on Lawrence, he came in injured into a team on the decline, it would take something god like for one man to have reverted this dip, if he came in fit and into a team full of confidence, we'd have seen how good he really can be ... But it is strange how Ralls has seemingly vanished, maybe their just not rushing him through.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Stop generalising ffs. Some of us expect more than just hard work.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:54 am

polo wrote:

It's the Malky lone in bullshit . At the end of the day you go to football for goals and to see your side win and we're seeing little of both at Cardiff at the moment

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am

smilebit wrote:
polo wrote:

It's the Malky lone in bullshit . At the end of the day you go to football for goals and to see your side win and we're seeing little of both at Cardiff at the moment

Exactly I am sick of people saying that ALL City fans signed up to "As long as the team worked hard we said we would be happy" and "We said we would be happy with mid table".

Load of bollocks. We ALL didnt say that at all.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:15 am

polo wrote:
smilebit wrote:
polo wrote:

Exactly I am sick of people saying that ALL City fans signed up to "As long as the team worked hard we said we would be happy" and "We said we would be happy with mid table".

Load of bollocks. We ALL didnt say that at all.

Not many said that at all.

However I think the most of us would have settled for mid table at the start of the season PROVIDING we started and remained mid table through the season. As we all know that did not happen. To me it feels like all the hard work done at the start seems to have gone to waste.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:20 am

Yes I agree Baked. If we had started slowly because of a new manager, squad.etc.etc then improved gradually and pushed onto the position we are now, 2 points off play-offs, i think everyone would be delighted as it would have shown we are building something.

However it has been the exact opposite and its a case of going backwards not forwards, which is worrying.