Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

our fans

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Our club has a big fan base, a lot of teams would agree. we have good numbers at home and we take pretty good numbers away. But since the new stadium and the growth of the team, our fans have become terrible. I'm not slagging off the stadium because i feel when it is full or an away team bring good numbers to the ground, i think the stadium is quite good. But with expectation levels being high, you would think us fans would pull together and get the players going. But we are terrible. I agree with some fans that the canton stand and the family stand should be switched because every game would be more enjoyable(that's not because of people saying other fans will intimidate the away fans) but i actually realise ONE of the reasons our home atmospheres is crap is because the fans are lazy and boring. sorry to say it but it's true, when we go away you see the fans that really try making some noise, at home everyone is happy to sit there and just moan.
I'm not one to moan much on here but i thought i'd share this with some of you. :lol:
i'll wait for the abuse :lol:
Malky's barmy army :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: our fans

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Dench

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Dench

lmao, it's true though :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am

I know, that's why no one has replied to it. Same as anything I post: people would rather ignore someone elses good point than agree with it

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 am

guys i try to join in with the chanting and stuff , but feel stupid when no one else joins in around me , and people look at me like im a right c**t :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 am

ccfc1981 wrote:guys i try to join in with the chanting and stuff , but feel stupid when no one else joins in around me , and people look at me like im a right c**t :lol:

Just have 10 pints before each game! Gives you all the confidence in the world :lol:

Lewis you are right. Swapping the ends would be best but would probably mean more policing and more cost :evil:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:12 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:guys i try to join in with the chanting and stuff , but feel stupid when no one else joins in around me , and people look at me like im a right c**t :lol:

Never feel stupid because you sing your heart out,the club needs you!,next time keep going till they join in or make sure you go with 4 or 5 mates they'll soon join in,sometimes fans need someone like you to get it going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Works both ways the team are not giving the fans anything to shout about. In fact they are sending most fans asleep or onto the concourse to drown their sorrows.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 pm

i agree with you guys. although the team need to play their part by giving us something too shout about...us fans should be creating some noise regardless of the performance.
You should never feel embarrassed! the players must think we're awful, they know what we're capable of but we're terrible at home :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Sing no matter what. :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 pm

this happens in many parts of the ground

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 am

lewis91 wrote:Our club has a big fan base, a lot of teams would agree. we have good numbers at home and we take pretty good numbers away. But since the new stadium and the growth of the team, our fans have become terrible. I'm not slagging off the stadium because i feel when it is full or an away team bring good numbers to the ground, i think the stadium is quite good. But with expectation levels being high, you would think us fans would pull together and get the players going. But we are terrible. I agree with some fans that the canton stand and the family stand should be switched because every game would be more enjoyable(that's not because of people saying other fans will intimidate the away fans) but i actually realise ONE of the reasons our home atmospheres is crap is because the fans are lazy and boring. sorry to say it but it's true, when we go away you see the fans that really try making some noise, at home everyone is happy to sit there and just moan.
I'm not one to moan much on here but i thought i'd share this with some of you. :lol:

Amen

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:28 am

lewis91 wrote:Our club has a big fan base, a lot of teams would agree. we have good numbers at home and we take pretty good numbers away. But since the new stadium and the growth of the team, our fans have become terrible. I'm not slagging off the stadium because i feel when it is full or an away team bring good numbers to the ground, i think the stadium is quite good. But with expectation levels being high, you would think us fans would pull together and get the players going. But we are terrible. I agree with some fans that the canton stand and the family stand should be switched because every game would be more enjoyable(that's not because of people saying other fans will intimidate the away fans) but i actually realise ONE of the reasons our home atmospheres is crap is because the fans are lazy and boring. sorry to say it but it's true, when we go away you see the fans that really try making some noise, at home everyone is happy to sit there and just moan.

Lets be really honest the new Stadium's atmosphere has not improved, in fact its got worse.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Lets be really honest the new Stadium's atmosphere has not improved, in fact its got worse.

To be honest I'm sure it's a complaint most will say about all the newer football stadiums . I never went to the Dell, but I'm sure it seemed have more atmosphere and noise to St Mary even with far less fans
I don' think our stadium is helped by the rather poor turn out from the Away fans , as when we get a good amount of away fans in our ground, we get a much better atmosphere from the faithful and banter between the two

QPR was one of the lodest and best I can remember

Works both ways the team are not giving the fans anything to shout about. In fact they are sending most fans asleep or onto the concourse to drown their sorrows.

Spot on :)

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

polo wrote:Works both ways the team are not giving the fans anything to shout about. In fact they are sending most fans asleep or onto the concourse to drown their sorrows.

So you only sing when your winning? :o

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:04 am

jinks-rct wrote:
polo wrote:Works both ways the team are not giving the fans anything to shout about. In fact they are sending most fans asleep or onto the concourse to drown their sorrows.

So you only sing when your winning? :o

Atmosphere isnt just about singing songs :roll:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:

Just have 10 pints before each game! Gives you all the confidence in the world :lol:

Lewis you are right. Swapping the ends would be best but would probably mean more policing and more cost :evil:

:lol:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:16 pm

dazzyt wrote:

Never feel stupid because you sing your heart out,the club needs you!,next time keep going till they join in or make sure you go with 4 or 5 mates they'll soon join in,sometimes fans need someone like you to get it going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

nice one mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:33 pm

you'll see the difference between home and away games when we go to boro saturday :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:46 pm

As a regular in The Canton Stand and previously in The Ninian Stand I am now totally convinced that the only way we will improve the overall atmosphere in CCS is to switch the Family Stands and Canton Ends to recreate the old Grange End that we had at Ninian Park. There would then be banter with the visiting fans and we would be inspired to sing to drown their support of their team and to get behind ours.

It is an absolute embarrassment to City fans that a few hundred visiting fans can generate more noise than thousands of our own fans. We all try in The Canton to generate an atmosphere but it just doesn't happen and apart from the play off semis and big Cup games we have been poor. The old Grange End produced an intimidating atmosphere and must have helped unsettle visiting teams (Ask Leeds fans!) whereas currently we are are not. I firmly believe this is the ONLY way we are ever going to get anywhere close to making CCS a home fortress. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:49 pm

TERRYB wrote:As a regular in The Canton Stand and previously in The Ninian Stand I am now totally convinced that the only way we will improve the overall atmosphere in CCS is to switch the Family Stands and Canton Ends to recreate the old Grange End that we had at Ninian Park. There would then be banter with the visiting fans and we would be inspired to sing to drown their support of their team and to get behind ours.

It is an absolute embarrassment to City fans that a few hundred visiting fans can generate more noise than thousands of our own fans. We all try in The Canton to generate an atmosphere but it just doesn't happen and apart from the play off semis and big Cup games we have been poor. The old Grange End produced an intimidating atmosphere and must have helped unsettle visiting teams (Ask Leeds fans!) whereas currently we are are not. I firmly believe this is the ONLY way we are ever going to get anywhere close to making CCS a home fortress. :ayatollah:

I agree. i know we will probably be targeted by people who do not want the stands switched, by i really think it is one of the main ways of getting the atmosphere better. it will be rocking. the canton is really loud, i've been in there a couple of times, so having that next to the away fans would be crazy :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Genuine question, does your stadium feel like home yet?
It took a few seasons for the liberty to feel like home, but I can honestly say the atmosphere there is as good as any other PL ground we have played at this year.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Sometimes it feels like home and sometimes it doesn't. when away fans actually bring a crowd then we're not too bad. We can make a right noise at times but we'll definitely show how loud we are when we have premier league football.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 pm

I sit in the family stand and would agree that a switch with the Canton would be a good idea.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:30 pm

the atmosphere problem is an issue at all grounds
the all seater stadiums is the main thing but fans have changed since euro 96
the football experience is closer to going to the cinema these days :cry:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Get in the Canton stand at least everyone in there with us are trying.......and enjoying the game........thats what we pay our money for.....you will find plenty of the people who travel away in there. :ayatollah:
Warning Grippo is in there as well :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:31 pm

We need to get a huge Petition and get it to Julian Jenkins.
However, that probably wouldn't work, they will argue about Police
costs etc but as we were Family Club of the Year, we don't need Police :D

Having out fans either side (that are willing to nake noise) would spice it up

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Denzil wrote:Get in the Canton stand at least everyone in there with us are trying.......and enjoying the game........thats what we pay our money for.....you will find plenty of the people who travel away in there. :ayatollah:
Warning Grippo is in there as well :lol: :lol:

Would love to, but can't afford too with two kids STs to buy as well - the Family Stand is such good value in that respect.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I sit in the family stand and would agree that a switch with the Canton would be a good idea.

So do I :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:33 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:I sit in the family stand and would agree that a switch with the Canton would be a good idea.

So do I :ayatollah:

Maybe we need a poll?????

Get a load of votes and present it to the club