Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's your favourite memory of ninian park?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm

I know we should move on and to be honest I can't!!

I feel if we had this squad at ninian with malky we would be pushing for autos!

My favourite memory that is my all time greatest footballing moment was Nathan blakes goal against man city!

Now I know there are hundreds of great moments at ninian park! Leeds ect... But Nathan blakes strike will live long and I will take it to the grave with me! I started going down in 89 and would love to read story's of the years before that!!

Come on city!!

:ayatollah:

Re: What's your favourite memory of ninian park?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Also loved how we used to charge at the away fans in the grange knowing full well we couldn't get anywhere near them!! :lol:

Loved it when against the jacks we didn't just have a net! But a f*cking curtain as well :lol:

Now what grounds have to have a curtain :lol:

Great great days!!!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:04 pm

About 1978 (10 years old) Walking up the ramp from the turnstiles (Canton) to the bob bank and seeing the mass of perfectly manicured lush green grass. Hooked.

I used to always smile every time I walked up the ramp and saw the pitch, especially with the lights on.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Standing in the Grange End watching Graham Moore score the goal that took us up to the old First Division, only a boy but what a moment, also Brian Clark heading the goal that beat Real Madrid :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Every single game ive been to for years on end at ninian park beats any game ive watched at the CCS so i could write a list here :ayatollah:
Football for me is on deaths door , passion wise :cry:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0vpBwxW ... 63A6DFAB63 all this and more. P/K 5.30- fantastic . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:35 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Every single game ive been to for years on end at ninian park beats any game ive watched at the CCS so i could write a list here :ayatollah:

Does that include the last game against Ipswich as well :lol:

I love our new stadium :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 pm

Used to love night games especially at Ninian the smell of bovril, and the pasties always tasted too peppery. Of all the fantastics moments Peter Sayers goal against Spurs in the FA Cup, and the madness after the game with Spurs waiting for us to get out of the Grange End Brilliant. :old: :old: :old:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:47 pm

leeds FA cup 2002 :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:49 pm

My first memory was probably my favourite.
Against Birmingham, first time we had played them in about 10 years I think.
I was on the left side of the Bob Bank nearest the Grange and the passion the ground showed when Ledley put us in front was amazing. Since that day I have been hooked onto Cardiff City.
Swansea in the 08/09 season was also great. I was in the ground by half 10 and the atmoshere was already building, for what was to be a proper derby. Just wish it could have been a saturday 3 oclock KO.

I'm really struggling to move on. Every once in a while I spend a few hours on youtube, or watch the Ninian story videos that were on BBC :cry:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:57 pm

baz i love ninian park, its crap down the new ground unless it's a full house. when it's full it's loud down there but our fans have turned crap

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:59 pm

CantonJack wrote:My first memory was probably my favourite.
I was on the left side of the Bob Bank nearest the Grange and the passion the ground showed when Ledley put us in front was amazing. Since that day I have been hooked onto Cardiff City.
Swansea in the 08/09 season was also great. I was in the ground by half 10 and the atmoshere was already building, for what was to be a proper derby. Just wish it could have been a saturday 3 oclock KO.

I'm really struggling to move on. Every once in a while I spend a few hours on youtube, or watch the Ninian story videos that were on BBC :cry:

birmingham 2006? won 2-0, that was a good day :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:09 pm

lewis91 wrote:baz i love ninian park, its crap down the new ground unless it's a full house. when it's full it's loud down there but our fans have turned crap

Lewis mate your right! It's a shame! The authorities are laughing at us I would love to stick those rules up there ass!!

Big atmos= intimidation = points!!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:
lewis91 wrote:baz i love ninian park, its crap down the new ground unless it's a full house. when it's full it's loud down there but our fans have turned crap

Lewis mate your right! It's a shame! The authorities are laughing at us I would love to stick those rules up there ass!!

Big atmos= intimidation = points!!

Baz, your correct. how many points do you think we would have dropped in a season years ago if the fans werent as crazy as they were. teams hates playing us. now they LOVE IT!
hate how some things have changed but there we are. you going boro? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:I know we should move on and to be honest I can't!!

I feel if we had this squad at ninian with malky we would be pushing for autos!

My favourite memory that is my all time greatest footballing moment was Nathan blakes goal against man city!

Now I know there are hundreds of great moments at ninian park! Leeds ect... But Nathan blakes strike will live long and I will take it to the grave with me! I started going down in 89 and would love to read story's of the years before that!!

Come on city!!

:ayatollah:

That was one of my favourite moments as well, I had a great view of that goal, from the grandstand.

Also loved the Leeds match, what great memories. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Shrewsbury 93 got to be up there with the best days at ninian, amazing atmosphere with early pitch invasion

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Man City cup game
Down from London for the day- no ticket- searched around Canton before game; well moody !; got offered a tckt on sloper rd face value ( true gent! ). Best bouncing atmosphere at Ninian ever. Blakey does the biz. Northern fans livid. Makes me wanna cry still !!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:59 pm

murphy wrote:
CantonJack wrote:My first memory was probably my favourite.

birmingham 2006? won 2-0, that was a good day :ayatollah:

Aye thats the one.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm

our last game home game 1982 when we got beat by luton town to send us down sticks in my memory . thought the world had caved in at the time .on the pitch after singing seemed like for ages . how bizzare is that ?

from different angle our amazing 3-3 draw with swansea
the man city cup cup game
wales v England when dwyer played
wales v scotland 1983
our cup game with leeds 2002
our game with chester when Mark Delaney scored a wonder goal
shrewsbury in 1993

probably alot more than above

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm

There are far to many to list.
man city-fa cup
leeds-fa cup
spurs-fa cup
all stick in the memory,but if i was pushed my top 3 would be,
man utd-old 2nd div
wrexham -fa cup with john buchannan scoring winner in last min (3-2)
hereford-old 3rd div,without doubt the best night game i attended at NP,with a crowd of over 35K,magic times.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:01 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Every single game ive been to for years on end at ninian park beats any game ive watched at the CCS so i could write a list here :ayatollah:

Does that include the last game against Ipswich as well :lol:

I love our new stadium :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i nailed a header that night from the bob bank, despite the result still a great occasion.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 pm

So many great days at Ninian, Leeds game will never be repeated in football IMO.

Sad truth is tho that it died a couple of years before we left.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Always having money,
and being able to get smashed any day of the week,

amazing times really were :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:46 am

Loads of memory's at the greatest ground of all time beating man city 1-0 in fa cup has to be one beating the jacks 1-0 with a Garry thompsons strike just to name a few also Christ pikes equaliser vs admira wacker in European cup I could write a book on memory's at ninian park happy dayz :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:20 am

Has to be my 1st ever game there under the lights back in 1974 , City needing a draw to stay up and Palace needing a win to stay up and send us down . Never forget the moment I went up the Canton Stand steps and the floodlit pitch appeared ... awesome then out came the boys in the Blue shirts infront of about 27,000 mad fans :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 am

Agree, will never fully move on from NP, its etched into my brain!!! I truly worshipped the place. Hated leaving there, the main issue was it was only accessible from Sloper Rd, so expansion of NP was always going to be a waste of time for the health and safety and money men. And therefore we had to move to the 360 degrees accessible Lego Stadium! `Still gutted! We should have moved the railway back a bit!

Fave games (dates approximate!)
Wales v Scotland 1982 - got urinated on by a drunken Jock on the Bob Bank!
City v Torquay 1992 - Jason Fowlers equsquisite chip!
City v Worzels 200 - Play off semi, Thorneys winner in front of the Bow and Ganga infested Grange End! I was off my noggin that day!
City v Jacks 2009 - Last ever derby, first time in A block, almost slipped in spew on the steps, head butted a coppers shoulder after the surge forward when Mccormack equalised, and bus surfing outside The Goscombe after the game!!!

NP RIP :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am

Canton stand baz wrote:Also loved how we used to charge at the away fans in the grange knowing full well we couldn't get anywhere near them!! :lol:

Loved it when against the jacks we didn't just have a net! But a f*cking curtain as well :lol:

Now what grounds have to have a curtain :lol:

Great great days!!!

haha i remember the curtain made a few apearances it was like as if we were a budgie in a cage getting covered over at night by a blankie :lol: :ayatollah: