Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Three Little Birds - please stop singing it

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Given that fact that since we've started singing this song, we've gone on one of our worst runs in recent years, can we please stop singing it :(

Re: Three Little Birds - please stop singing it

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Die Walkure wrote:Given that fact that since we've started singing this song, we've gone on one of our worst runs in recent years, can we please stop singing it :(

Agree, I can't stand it

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:45 pm

agree sounds shit.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

It was good for the 1st leg at Palace. But I find it as cringeworthy now as singing - In the Swansea slums.....

They only sing one line of the song anyway! silly......

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Nobody sang it yesterday

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 pm

6blubirds wrote:Nobody sang it yesterday

They did very briefly in the canton but nobody joined in! :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I was in the Ninian and I could see/hear some lads trying to get something going in the Canton, half way through the second half it got louder and it coincided with an increase in the teams tempo on the pitch. What were they chanting ?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:49 pm

d20 wrote:agree sounds shit.

this

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Yep, time to let the three little birds go :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I was in the Ninian and I could see/hear some lads trying to get something going in the Canton, half way through the second half it got louder and it coincided with an increase in the teams tempo on the pitch. What were they chanting ?

Could it be this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Inv49Ghr8

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:31 am

Worst song i've ever heard at a football match without question...

And what the hell are they doing playing Coldplay - Fix You?? Its a f*cking football match, not a funeral. We need something more upbeat and entertaining.

Who decide's on the choice of songs on matchdays because they need an almighty slap.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 am

Agree I find it depressing, and it indicates that something is wrong, which we all know as our performances are dire, we have lost the passion and agression on the terraces, and I don't mean fighting but trying to make the place intimidating for the opposition.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:53 am

match day music is shit, i used to like it when the team came out of the tunnel to that opera song and then it turned into , i get knocked down but i get up again , bring it back :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am

llan bluebird wrote:I was in the Ninian and I could see/hear some lads trying to get something going in the Canton, half way through the second half it got louder and it coincided with an increase in the teams tempo on the pitch. What were they chanting ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io2PDt7OCDw

It was that mate (starting from 27 seconds), told you us in the canton would make it start going :) was glad so many people joined in, even if briefly!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:14 am

Here i go again, if AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" cant give us and the players a super charged boost of adrenilin when they come onto the pitch, then nothing will... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 am

frosty_x wrote:

It was that mate (starting from 27 seconds), told you us in the canton would make it start going :) was glad so many people joined in, even if briefly!

That was it, When it spread through the Canton the team appeared to pick up the tempo. Keeps it going !

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 pm

himynameismartyn wrote:Worst song i've ever heard at a football match without question...

And what the hell are they doing playing Coldplay - Fix You?? Its a f*cking football match, not a funeral. We need something more upbeat and entertaining.

Who decide's on the choice of songs on matchdays because they need an almighty slap.

The other thing is that Ali pumps the music up so loud, Three Little Birds included before the teams come out that it kills the atmosphere in the stands and I believe thats why half the time it goes silent after he screeches "support the boys, make some noise" I liked Ali at NP but I think he is losing the plot at the CCS - Men of Harlech is deafeningly loud and is now done at half time too. Every visiting fan I have spoken too has said exactly the same thing - nobody sings because they can't compete with the PA.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 pm

weve been singing three little birds for years! :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:00 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
frosty_x wrote:

That was it, When it spread through the Canton the team appeared to pick up the tempo. Keeps it going !

Couldn't agree more! There was definitely a surge of energy when it started echoing throughout the canton end that pushed the players on. Will try my best to keep it going lower down in the canton again. Full credit to the boys at the top that start it, often rivalling the next aisles chants haha.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm

very good to see that the majority of posts on here are not in favour of keeping on singing that song :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Some man started this off 2 rows behind me in 104. It all started from 104 Row GG upwards! :ayatollah: