Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

People saying Malky doesn't have the squad to change things?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 pm

There's been many comments suggesting Malky doesn't have the squad and players to change things around which is why he has stuck with virtually the same players. But I think there are players Malky can bring in to freshen things up and for one reason or another, Malky is deciding not to do this. Here is a second 11 with players who weren't in the starting 11 yesterday:

Heaton

Naylor
Gerrard
Blake
Quinn

Conway
Ralls
Kiss
Cowie

Rudy
Earnie

On paper, this doesn't look a bad team at all to me and I think this shows there are players Malky can bring in to change things. The majority of these players have shown this season that they can make a contribution. Ian Holloway made 7 changes to his Blackpool team yesterday and they beat Southampton 3-0. The way we are playing at the moment, surely Malky could bring some new faces into the team to freshen things up?

Re: People saying Malky doesn't have the squad to change things?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:44 pm

People who are saying that have got it wrong, some of the named players are good enough to get into other championship teams and could do a job for us. Could they do worse?

The fact is that Malky has needed to mix things up and change the formation and team months ago but this has not happened. I think several of the players have been particularly unfortunate not to get a decent run in the team. Some have had a cameo 10 minutes which is a waste of time really. If the team are performing then thats great but the way we have performed in the last 13 matches we had nothing to lose to try something/someone different.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm

i put that team and argument up months ago :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:38 pm

if you played that team on a regular basis we would have been relagated months ago naylor earnie rudy quinn gerrad not good enough