Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HAPPY CARDIFF FAN!! CHEERS MALKY!! "

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:20 am

polo wrote:Im just a bit shocked at the system to be honest. The Watford side that come down here last season played some cracking attacking football, and when we signed up Malky I was really excited. However the football has been the exact opposite of what I was expecting and been left so dissapointed with the style of play.

tbh after we played you away last season our style of play went out of the window with our form.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 am

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:I know wot u mean polo about chopra and bothroyd but they still came from premiership clubs. Let's not forget I mentioned Bellamy and Burke too who had good reps

Correction, they come from Premiership clubs reserves, it was their time with us that made them household names. Bothroyd was known as a failure before us, by the end of his time here he was our most important player and regarded one of the best players outside the Premiership.

Burke come from the same "poor league" you described Conway come from. So did Ross McCormack, and so did Kev Mcnuaghton and they done well for us.

Roger Johnson come from Wycombe Wanderers ffs and he has been one of our best players in the last decade.

So your argument is flawed. Providing you bring the right players in it doesnt matter where they come from.

Bellamy is just a one-off. We were lucky to have him for one season, albeit he didnt perform for the first half of it. Its not like hes been banging the goals in for City for years.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm

How the hell is my arguement flawed? I haven't said Conway or anyone is poor, said he came from a poor league? DO u want to tell me in wrong and the Scottish league is good? I was comparing last years side to this year, so chopra had been to the prem as a 5million quid player and come back. Bothroyd had been round countless prem teams, they wouldn't have kept on buying him if they didn't believe he was gonna be good. Mcnaughton and and Ross did well ye, but where are they? Mid table championship teams. Y can't anyone else's opinion be right? I haven't once slated the players only mentioned where they came from so didn't have the winning mentality!! Was roger Johnson a first reamer immediately?? No! We are a growing squad that people think should have instant success! And for your information it's your arguement that is flawed because u r moaning about us not being very good and slating malky on other posts, then as soon as I say our squad isn't good enough u come along and tell me that it don't matter wot team they come from ie turner cos they,re good

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Are you Swansealad in disguise?

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Very well said, PB.

StT.