Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" HAPPY CARDIFF FAN!! CHEERS MALKY!! "

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Im loving it, my side got dismantled last year, nearly all leaving on free transfers. Then Malky comes in, has to start with a completely different squad then goes on to take us to the carling cup final, EVER so close to actually winning it and has us a point or 2 outside the playoffs with 6 games to go with an average squad, Thats awesome!!!!

Fans who wanted to change the manager cos they werent happy with Dave Jones challenging for top 2 - YOU CANNOT MOAN

Fans who think we have one of the sides in the championship and merit a top 6 place - YOU ARE WRONG

Who makes up our side.........Cowie and Taylor (watford last year, finished bottom half)
Turner and Gunnarsson (Coventry, just avoided drop)
Mason (barely got a game at Plymouth relegated from league 1)
Kiss (Never played in this country)
Conway (Came from a poor league)

Iv named more than half a team there. I still think they are good players, no critiscism towards them at all, but they are wot they are, they're not bothroyd, Burke, Bellamy and Chopra. So please get off their backs. They're doing very well and working as hard as they can, which is what we all claimed before was ALL WE WANTED AS A CITY FAN.

Bottom line is, we can still go up. Support the boys to the best of your ability for the next 6 games and u could just about be watching Premier League Football Next Season. COME ON THE CITY!!!!

Re: HAPPY CARDIFF FAN!! CHEERS MALKY!!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Top post and very true. That's a reality check for you!

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:10 pm

So in a nutshell none of malkys signings are any good

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:17 pm

polo wrote:So in a nutshell none of malkys signings are any good

Interesting interpretation of the post, there. I tend to disagree with his view, because it's too simplistic to "rate" players based around a team. After all, people blasted us getting Marshall as Norwich had been relegated.

But still, since you seem to feel Ben Turner isn't very good...

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:20 pm

nerd wrote:

Interesting interpretation of the post, there. I tend to disagree with his view, because it's too simplistic to "rate" players based around a team. After all, people blasted us getting Marshall as Norwich had been relegated.

Where do I say hes no good knobhead?

The OP suggested because we signed then from coventry we shouldnt expect them to be any good.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:54 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:Im loving it, my side got dismantled last year, nearly all leaving on free transfers. Then Malky comes in, has to start with a completely different squad then goes on to take us to the carling cup final, EVER so close to actually winning it and has us a point or 2 outside the playoffs with 6 games to go with an average squad, Thats awesome!!!!

Fans who wanted to change the manager cos they werent happy with Dave Jones challenging for top 2 - YOU CANNOT MOAN

Fans who think we have one of the sides in the championship and merit a top 6 place - YOU ARE WRONG

Who makes up our side.........Cowie and Taylor (watford last year, finished bottom half)

Iv named more than half a team there. I still think they are good players, no critiscism towards them at all, but they are wot they are, they're not bothroyd, Burke, Bellamy and Chopra. So please get off their backs. They're doing very well and working as hard as they can, which is what we all claimed before was ALL WE WANTED AS A CITY FAN.

Bottom line is, we can still go up. Support the boys to the best of your ability for the next 6 games and u could just about be watching Premier League Football Next Season. COME ON THE CITY!!!!

but weres the team from the begining of the season....this is what i cant get my head around :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:06 pm

nerd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: exactly

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Im the original poster and id like u to read it back...........As soon as I listed those players and their previous clubs, i stated that I still think they are good players and im not critisicing them at all. Read it properly before making assumptions. I was just saying they've come from teams who havent particularly had a winning mentality and its going to take time. But I still feel im being honest by saying we're not as good a team as most our fans think we are.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 pm

You said "they are what they are" and were not as good as some ex players?

Well thats Malkys fault and problem. He brought them in.

Miller is on double what Jay and Burkey were on. Liam Lawrence too.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:02 pm

i dont think Malky had much of a choice than to panic buy a little at the start of the season. We had no players. We have signed some good players, but there are better players at teams above us. Last seasons team was obviously more talented but it just didnt happen for us. Pace and width is all we are crying out for but im still happy with how our season has gone so far as we're still in with a shout for the premier league, I just dont get the doom and gloom and abuse of the team, I feel we worked hard and passed the ball well v Millwall, just ran out of ideas cos we're no where near a finished article as a team yet.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:i dont think Malky had much of a choice than to panic buy a little at the start of the season. We had no players. We have signed some good players, but there are better players at teams above us. Last seasons team was obviously more talented but it just didnt happen for us. Pace and width is all we are crying out for but im still happy with how our season has gone so far as we're still in with a shout for the premier league, I just dont get the doom and gloom and abuse of the team, I feel we worked hard and passed the ball well v Millwall, just ran out of ideas cos we're no where near a finished article as a team yet.

Weve been out of ideas for the last 5 home games

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm

yes we have, but I think the players are playing it as simple as possible instead of taking more risks because they're worried our fans will get in their backs, thats what our fans are good at, really frustrates me. THe overall point i was making though is that we're still in the hunt, we just need to back the team and spur them on. Im sure we can!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm

polo wrote:
Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:i dont think Malky had much of a choice than to panic buy a little at the start of the season. We had no players. We have signed some good players, but there are better players at teams above us. Last seasons team was obviously more talented but it just didnt happen for us. Pace and width is all we are crying out for but im still happy with how our season has gone so far as we're still in with a shout for the premier league, I just dont get the doom and gloom and abuse of the team, I feel we worked hard and passed the ball well v Millwall, just ran out of ideas cos we're no where near a finished article as a team yet.

Weve been out of ideas for the last 5 home games

You forgot the away games as well! :)

Re: " HAPPY CARDIFF FAN!! CHEERS MALKY!! "

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:33 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:Im loving it, my side got dismantled last year, nearly all leaving on free transfers. Then Malky comes in, has to start with a completely different squad then goes on to take us to the carling cup final, EVER so close to actually winning it and has us a point or 2 outside the playoffs with 6 games to go with an average squad, Thats awesome!!!!

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 am

polo wrote:You said "they are what they are" and were not as good as some ex players?

Well thats Malkys fault and problem. He brought them in.

Miller is on double what Jay and Burkey were on. Liam Lawrence too.

I am surprised that a supporter knows the salary payments paid to the 3 players listed - is this info in the annual accounts? - If so I will have a look at what all the other players are being paid ( or is there a remote possibility you are working on rumours/hearsay? ). :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:25 am

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Good shout, 5000 fans like yourself are worth more than 10000 of the doom and gloom brigade :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm

not sure i quite agree with your argument. you seem to suggest that because you got the players from teams lower in the league that you should not have high expectations???

cowie was one of our best players behind danny graham last year. gunnarson was coventrys best player and was being watched by premier league clubs. taylor had a great loan spell with us before going back to middlesborough who wanted to desperately tie him down on a new contract. you say conway came from a poor league but that certainly does not mean that he is not a quality player?

im sorry if i have misinterpreted your post, but thats the way ive read it. i imagine your wage bill is probably higher than it was last season, rumour has it cowie is on over 3x the pay he was at watford (around 4k per week i believe).

Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 pm

hornet_fan wrote:not sure i quite agree with your argument. you seem to suggest that because you got the players from teams lower in the league that you should not have high expectations???

cowie was one of our best players behind danny graham last year. gunnarson was coventrys best player and was being watched by premier league clubs. taylor had a great loan spell with us before going back to middlesborough who wanted to desperately tie him down on a new contract. you say conway came from a poor league but that certainly does not mean that he is not a quality player?

im sorry if i have misinterpreted your post, but thats the way ive read it. i imagine your wage bill is probably higher than it was last season, rumour has it cowie is on over 3x the pay he was at watford (around 4k per week i believe).

I think that he makes a good point. He's comparing the likes of Cowie and Conway to Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra. Apart from Whittingham and Miller we have no "names" in the team this season. We started well and kept it going until the Palace semis but since then we have hit a poor patch. Considering Malky had hardly any professionals here on his first day and quickly had to bring in 10 new players I think he has done rather well. If it wasn't for our recent drop in form and your good run of form you wouldn't even be sniffing around this forum. If you finish above us I hope you enjoy the party. That seems to be the extent of the ambition of many of your fans. No offence :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Bothroyd and Chopra were not "Names" when DJ signed them, we made them into the names they are.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes u have misinterpreted it a little hornet fan as iv already stated I think the new players are good but they weren't part of teams pushing to get anywhere last season. They will grow I'm sure and I'm happy with the players. I suppose all I wanted to say is our team isn't as good as ppl think but it's not a bad. I apologise we ripped your squad and back room staff apart

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Yes u have misinterpreted it a little hornet fan as iv already stated I think the new players are good but they weren't part of teams pushing to get anywhere last season. They will grow I'm sure and I'm happy with the players. I suppose all I wanted to say is our team isn't as good as ppl think but it's not a bad. I apologise we ripped your squad and back room staff apart

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:57 pm

polo wrote:Bothroyd and Chopra were not "Names" when DJ signed them, we made them into the names they are.

I have to agree with Polo, Bothroyd was known but was virtually a failure and Chops was also failing, we brought him in and he was quality, 2nd time around he went back to failing again.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:Yes u have misinterpreted it a little hornet fan as iv already stated I think the new players are good but they weren't part of teams pushing to get anywhere last season. They will grow I'm sure and I'm happy with the players. I suppose all I wanted to say is our team isn't as good as ppl think but it's not a bad. I apologise we ripped your squad and back room staff apart

no apologies needed. bygones be bygones and all that jazz haha. dyche is better anyway :D

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:Yes u have misinterpreted it a little hornet fan as iv already stated I think the new players are good but they weren't part of teams pushing to get anywhere last season. They will grow I'm sure and I'm happy with the players. I suppose all I wanted to say is our team isn't as good as ppl think but it's not a bad. I apologise we ripped your squad and back room staff apart

no apologies needed. bygones be bygones and all that jazz haha. dyche is better anyway :D

What sort of football did you play under Malky?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm

I know wot u mean polo about chopra and bothroyd but they still came from premiership clubs. Let's not forget I mentioned Bellamy and Burke too who had good reps

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:21 pm

I know wot u mean polo about chopra and bothroyd but they still came from premiership clubs. Let's not forget I mentioned Bellamy and Burke too who had good reps

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:33 pm

polo wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

4-4-2, athough very occasionally away from home would drop to a more defensive 4-5-1 and play on the counter.

he does whinge a lot doesn't he? admittedly stuff goes against teams, but it happens to everyone, not just whichever team malky is managing. last season everytime we didnt win in the last third of the season he found someway to complain about the officials.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:14 am

hornet_fan wrote:
polo wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

4-4-2, athough very occasionally away from home would drop to a more defensive 4-5-1 and play on the counter.

he does whinge a lot doesn't he? admittedly stuff goes against teams, but it happens to everyone, not just whichever team malky is managing. last season everytime we didnt win in the last third of the season he found someway to complain about the officials.

Im just a bit shocked at the system to be honest. The Watford side that come down here last season played some cracking attacking football, and when we signed up Malky I was really excited. However the football has been the exact opposite of what I was expecting and been left so dissapointed with the style of play.