Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Squad to play Boro?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 pm

1. Heaton edges it JUST for me. (I simply do not like the distribution of Marshall)
2. Blake (McNaughton has been consistently poor for a while)
3. Hudson
4. Turner
5. Taylor (Needs to get his act together though, backs off defenders too much and leaves lots of holes)
6. Harris (need pace and width - Give him a shot down the wing - see how it goes, Sub him if need be at HT?)
7. Gunnarsson
8. Cowie
9. Conway (We need the width & pace - and he causes trouble down the left when running at players?)
10. Miller (He is still our best attacker and works hard up front regardless of the opinions of many fans!)
11. Whitts (would love to see him push right up behind Miller as an attacking midfielder - can get some shots away then as well as play some killer passes through for Miller. Whitts can still loiter around just on the 18yd box waiting for the drop downs - so many lose balls weren't attacked against Millwall yesterday when the came down and hit the deck)

Subs: Kev, McPhail, Kiss, Mason, Marshall.

Anyone argue with any of that - or have any bright ideas would could give a blast - were don't really have much to lose tbh.

Re: Squad to play Boro?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm

I would love to see Harris given a go but If he can't make the bench then he has no chance of starting

Lets hope he has a storming pre-season

I definitely agree Heaton should have a run, but again, there's no chance of that either

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Merlin wrote:1. Heaton edges it JUST for me. (I simply do not like the distribution of Marshall)
3. Hudson
4. Turner
5. Taylor (Needs to get his act together though, backs off defenders too much and leaves lots of holes)
6. Harris (need pace and width - Give him a shot down the wing - see how it goes, Sub him if need be at HT?)
7. Gunnarsson
8. Cowie
9. Conway (We need the width & pace - and he causes trouble down the left when running at players?)
10. Miller (He is still our best attacker and works hard up front regardless of the opinions of many fans!)
11. Whitts (would love to see him push right up behind Miller as an attacking midfielder - can get some shots away then as well as play some killer passes through for Miller. Whitts can still loiter around just on the 18yd box waiting for the drop downs - so many lose balls weren't attacked against Millwall yesterday when the came down and hit the deck)

Anyone argue with any of that - or have any bright ideas would could give a blast - were don't really have much to lose tbh.

Marshall
MacNaughton
Hudson
Turner
Taylor
Cowie
Lawrence
Gunnarsonn
Whitts
McPhail
Miller

Subs;

Heaton
Blake
Mason
Gestede
Kiss or Conway

William Hill wouldn't offer you better odds than 1/10 on that line up Craig.

Trust Me. ;)

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:24 pm

He'll pick the same team & we'll play 4-5-1

Hope I'm wrong.

City are screaming out for a change in formation.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:26 pm

NickPenarth wrote:He'll pick the same team & we'll play 4-5-1

Hope I'm wrong.

City are screaming out for a change in formation.

Sadly you are rite and its been the same for months on end so i epxect nothing but this :shock:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Merlin wrote:1. Heaton edges it JUST for me. (I simply do not like the distribution of Marshall)
3. Hudson
4. Turner
7. Gunnarsson
8. Cowie

I know someone who'll argue with that. ;)

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:19 pm

451 away to boro is the correct call. :old:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:25 pm

3. Hudson
4. Turner
7. Gunnarsson
8. Cowie

Marshall's distribution isn't bad. He's been looking to roll out, start from the back. Problem is, people seem top expect him to simply hoof the ball up front to Miller, so it'll come straight back. Heaton will be gone in summer, there's not really much point dropping Marshall now.

Super Kev has been poor, but I'm not convinced Blake is massively better. Both have poor distribution. I'd have preferred Quinn to have had a run. Either way, Malkys tactics need full backs capable of attacking. I'd expect a new right back in for next season.

Harris was one for the future, never an immediate impact signing. If we want a pacy young winger, we've already got St Luce. Definitely not a fan of throwing someone in, hoping they work.

Conway I agree with.

The balance of your subs bench would be too uneven for me. Two dedicated central midfielders taking up 40% of the bench space.

I'd not really change too much of what we have right now. Certainly Conway for Lawrence, probably Cowie for Mason to go back to what was working earlier in the season.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:451 away to boro is the correct call. :old:

With no width, five midfielders all within three yards of eachother in the middle of the pitch, while playing hoofball from are 18 yard line from all of are defenders to there center halfs for them to knock down for 90% of every second ball to there own players , yes you are correct and have been for months :shock:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Its functional. It has worked at Birmingham, Brighton, Southampton, Reading

It just shouldn't be our preferred formation at home.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 pm

---------------Marshall----------------
Kev-----Hudson----Turner-----Taylor
----------------McPhail-----------------
-----------------Cowie-----------------
Lawrence-----Whitts--------Conway
-----------------Miller------------------

Subs: Heaton, Blake, Kiss, Gunnar, Earnie

Kev was pretty good against Millwall I thought.
McPhail is a must at the moment.
Lawrence and Conway for width.
Whitts attacking midfielder, as you said.

No Mason for me. Too tired and IMO he's not ready for the workload placed on him.
Kiss could make a huge impact in the second half if used.
Gunnar hasnt impressed me lately so I think he should be dropped for one game, as we have another game 2 days later.
No Harris either, but deserves a run against Barnsley

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:30 pm

----------------Marshall----------------
Kev-----Hudson----Turner-----Taylor
----------------McPhail-----------------
-----------------Cowie-----------------
----------------Lawrence---------------
----------------Whitts------------------
-----------------Conway---------------
-----------------Miller------------------

Subs: Heaton, Blake, Kiss, Gunnar, Earnie

Canton jack you must mean this because thats how are midfield are in eachothers pockets all within 5yards of eachother other in the middle with ZERO width :(

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:34 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Its functional. It has worked at Birmingham, Brighton, Southampton, Reading

It just shouldn't be our preferred formation at home.

was just going to make this point. 4-5-1 with a similer starting line up.
we seem to get results against the big boys, west ham won, soton drew, birm drew, reading won, :ayatollah: