Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We 'as fans' are to blame....

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 pm

for our poor run of form also....

The beginning of the season brought a new sense of optimism and excitement, as does every season.

We always start with a bang but it's how we finish that ultimately counts.

Has the failures of the DJ era made us nervous at this time of season? Will it be the same EVERY season?

During DJ's era, we moaned about the lack of 'relationship' between the Club and us Fans and now the majority will agree, the club has helped to bridge this gap. Surely this means we have to play our part?!
Why are fans getting on the Players/Managers back at every opportunity, especially during the game, when they need support the MOST.
You ask any player and they will tell you that the fans need to be loud and positive
This may explain why we play with a bit more freedom away from home.

I agree that performances have been under par, tactics may be poor but we have NO DEVINE RIGHT to win every game, our Manger is young and still learning his trade.

An example yesterday (same guy everyweek who has never played Football). He was moaning about no width (which is understandable) Conway came on and imo Looked bright. He whipped in an early ball and that same guy moaned that he he should've been more central. It seemed to spread to his Sons and their mates. This type of negativity is embarrassing.
We were a UNIT at the beginning of the season and now we're divided once again, at the most important time.

This post, I know, won't change anything.

Does anyone agree? or Disagree?

Re: We 'as fans' are to blame....

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:22 pm

IMO we are playing better away. Possibly because the away fans are louder and more supportive, whereas a large number of home 'fans' get on the players backs and boo them off.
I dont understand why someone would want to boo the team they love? :? :roll:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:25 pm

CantonJack wrote:IMO we are playing better away. Possibly because the away fans are louder and more supportive, whereas a large number of home 'fans' get on the players backs and boo them off.
I dont understand why someone would want to boo the team they love? :? :roll:

I do think the Boos are pathetic but I don't think that many Boo, at the end, most are quiet so Boos will sound louder
The support away is fantasic but at home, we have no edge
A lot of away fans have said how much it's changed
Up to us to sort it out though

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Steam into the boo boys

if there were terraces ...... there would be wars :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:29 pm

No we are not. Stop looking to blame everyone but the person who needs blaming.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

polo wrote:No we are not. Stop looking to blame everyone but the person who needs blaming.

I said 'also' Polo
As a club, Manager/Players and Fans

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:48 pm

We as fans are to blame!!!!!!!!

What a load of bolluxs.

Tell you what....we wont bother turning up....lets see what effect that has.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 pm

If you really think that the fans are to blame then you are a few smokes short of a packet mate. The Chariman all the way down to the players and coaches are to blame.

Marmite is f*cking horrible and that is not my fault. I am just a punter.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We as fans are to blame!!!!!!!!

What a load of bolluxs.

The atmosphere/negativity in our ground is awful and that's down to the fans
and If you read what I wrote, we are 'partly' responsible for nagativity on the pitch and it always transcends from the stands.

less and less fans get behind the team everyweek, which is being backed up by people not turning up, which is BOLLOCKS
If we have 18000 season ticket holders, why are 15000 coming? and why are there a large amount of fans turning on our team at every opportunity?

I go to support my team through whatever weather

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:If you really think that the fans are to blame then you are a few smokes short of a packet mate. The Chariman all the way down to the players and coaches are to blame.

Well for some of us, CCFC are a big part of our life, if you want to just be a customer and not a Fan/Supporter, each to their own I suppose

plsu, never once said It was just the fans to blame :lol:
Of course, the players and the Manager/Coaches have a bigger liabilty

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 pm

The atmosphereis shit because people are bored shitless or sleeping

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:00 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:We as fans are to blame!!!!!!!!

What a load of bolluxs.

The atmosphere/negativity in our ground is awful and that's down to the fans
and If you read what I wrote, we are 'partly' responsible for nagativity on the pitch and it always transcends from the stands.

less and less fans get behind the team everyweek, which is being backed up by people not turning up, which is BOLLOCKS
If we have 18000 season ticket holders, why are 15000 coming? and why are there a large amount of fans turning on our team at every opportunity?

I go to support my team through whatever weather

When you are being paid thousands a weeks you have no damn right to blame the customer.

I'm glad to say MM has not done that unlike Dave moaner Jones.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:01 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:If you really think that the fans are to blame then you are a few smokes short of a packet mate. The Chariman all the way down to the players and coaches are to blame.

Well for some of us, CCFC are a big part of our life, if you want to just be a customer and not a Fan/Supporter, each to their own I suppose

Your post asked if we as fans are to blame. I said no. If you think I just want to be a customer not a fan then your mother is a kipper and you live in a grape.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

Your post asked if we as fans are to blame. I said no. If you think I just want to be a customer not a fan then your mother is a kipper and you live in a grape.

Does negativity and getting on the players backs have NO negative effect on the players?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Do you really care what my answer to that question is?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Do you really care what my answer to that question is?

I did ask you :D

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 pm

If someone watching me work told me I was shit I would have the self confidence to ignore them as I am good at my job. If lots of people told me I was shit and got on my back then I would prove them wrong quick sharpish.

I remember loads of us taking the piss out Leo at York away and he scored a hatrick and got us promoted.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:23 pm

You can't tell me that negativity doesn't spread to the team.
You have answered and fairplay If it wouldn't effect you then good but thousands on your back, it would be a different sort of pressure.... and I know they get paid thousands but surely that adds to the pressure. This is why they need us to back them 100% thorugh the game, if they make a mistake, pick them up not tell them they're shit!! (even if they are :lol: )

Andrew Taylor and Gunnar both said before the Palace Cup game that they need the crowd to be the 12th man as it makes a 'huge difference'...
That was their words

I few have maybe mis-read what I wrote, I feel that the negativity has gone from he stands to the pitch. The word blame might seem strong, but it's definitely a factor

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Cardiff fans attack each other because they can't find away fans to fight with

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:40 pm

eighty_8 wrote:You can't tell me that negativity doesn't spread to the team.

I just did. If they want to blame the fans for pointing out their shitness then they are merely making excuses. Keane, Viera, Shearer etc all took shit from fans. They were good players and actually used fans negativity to spur them on. It is all excuses.

eighty_8 wrote:Andrew Taylor and Gunnar both said before the Palace Cup game that they need the crowd to be the 12th man as it makes a 'huge difference'...
That was their words

Cliched media wank. Wank wank wank. Game of two halves. Give 100%.......

The players need to harden the f**k up and get on doing what they are (over)paid for.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:

It starts from the managers selections. Do you really think Whitts is doing high 5's when then bore draw tactics are unleashed on Thursday morning tactics session ?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Fergy1927 wrote:

It starts from the managers selections. Do you really think Whitts is doing high 5's when then bore draw tactics are unleashed on Thursday morning tactics session ?

Of course it starts with Managers/players/Selections but surely whatever/whoever is picked, we need to get behind them on
Matchday?!?
It doesn't really happen at away games, if players make a mistake, hardly anyone gets on their backs.

Negativety spirals, and Booing at the end of the game only makes it worse

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Why don't you go and give them a cuddle?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:Why don't you go and give them a cuddle?

First you want them to harden up, now your suggesting cuddles :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:19 pm

FACT.

Our poor run of form started around the time that f***ing drum was allowed into the stadium.

Cl;early that's Malky's fault...