Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Blues owner Peter Thomas

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 am

And Vincent Tan agree to compensation to CCFC for leaving CCS which involves paying off Langston in the summer, according to a prominent Eggchaser.

Re: Cardiff Blues owner Peter Thomas

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

If true, how ironic.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:24 am

I dont think for one minute it was suppose to be breaking news but Im sure if true we'll hear about it soon now that the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:25 am

Compensation for leaving CCS for the games this season or compensation for a permanent return to the Arms Park?

:ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Compensation for leaving CCS for the games this season or compensation for a permanent return to the Arms Park?

:ayatollah:

Im assuming compo for buying out the remainder of the leasing contract.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:31 am

Interesting

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 am

It was always on the horizon. I know that a move back to Arms Park has been at the top of the Blues meeting agenda's.

As long as Tan is involved we don't need the money from them.

When the council gave us the land for the stadium, wasn't a ground share with the Blues a part of that agreement? Would we need to compensate the Council?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:39 am

If only this was said yesterday or tomorrow :roll: :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 am

check out the day boys :oops:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 am

Fully aware of the date - the Blues are definitely looking at the option of moving back to the Arms Park.

It has come from the top of the region - they have made no secret about it.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 am

2blue2handle wrote:If only this was said yesterday or tomorrow :roll: :lol:

But the allegded "claim" was said yesterday.....

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 am

By whom?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 am

2blue2handle wrote:By whom?

I couldnt possibly say by whom without getting myself into bother as I was present when the cock up was said, like you imply it may well be a wind-up but the convo was convincingly taken in and the eggbloke was clearly agitated when he realised that others heard what he said.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:28 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:By whom?

I couldnt possibly say by whom without getting myself into bother as I was present when the cock up was said, like you imply it may well be a wind-up but the convo was convincingly taken in and the eggbloke was clearly agitated when he realised that others heard what he said.

Fair enough :ayatollah:
Just thought the egg was broke and they would owe a hell of a lot. Suppose one way around that is a percentage of the arms gate receipts

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:34 am

This is bollocks I'm afraid. The Blues couldn't afford it, they don't have a pot to piss in, never mind millions of pounds to pay off Langston.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:41 am

harold pinta wrote:This is bollocks I'm afraid. The Blues couldn't afford it, they don't have a pot to piss in, never mind millions of pounds to pay off Langston.

Peter Thomas dont have a pot to piss in...........?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:48 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
harold pinta wrote:This is bollocks I'm afraid. The Blues couldn't afford it, they don't have a pot to piss in, never mind millions of pounds to pay off Langston.

Peter Thomas wealth is small change compared to Vincent Tan, yet Vincent Tan isn't simply paying off Hammam, sorry Langston. These people didn't get rich by throwing money at everything.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 am

harold pinta wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Peter Thomas wealth is small change compared to Vincent Tan, yet Vincent Tan isn't simply paying off Hammam, sorry Langston. These people didn't get rich by throwing money at everything.

Of course not but their not throwing money away, they are cleverly negotiating other routes of "pay offs" maybe.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:54 am

must be april fools day joke :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:31 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:And Vincent Tan agree to compensation to CCFC for leaving CCS which involves paying off Langston in the summer, according to a prominent Eggchaser.

Peter Thomas doesn't "own" the Blues. Nor has he invested heavily in the Blues for quite a while. Indeed, he wants loans to be repaid before he pegs it. Indeed, Thomas was one of the driving forces behind the move to CCS.

Given some claim Langston are owed squillions, the value claimed would exceed the amount remaining on the Blues contract. Unless Langston will accept a pittance.

Blues can't afford to pay compensation.

So whilst it's a nice fantasy, and both sides would look to get the contract killed, if the Langston debt is as big as claimed, noway compensation would pay it off.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:15 pm

The Blues will go into liquidation and a phoenix team will be set up to play out of the Arms Park.
City get nothing.

There,that`s more like it. :ayatollah: