Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Attempts on Goal - Lack of Creativity

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 am

I believe that it has been reported that we had 22 attempts at goal against Millwall. I must have been watching a different game because the game that I saw certainly did not have that many attempts. Not by us anyway. Millwall had two really good chances in the second half where they could have won the game.

The official stats show that we had 9 shots on goal and 7 off target. Mason had one cleared off the line in the first half and there was a long range effort by Mc Phial. I do not recall another chance in the first half.

I certainly cannot remember the Millwall goalkeeper having to make a decent save. "22 attempts on goal" suggests that we battered Milwall which is not the case. In fact they certainly shaded the first half with attempts.

We have had the same problem in other recent home matches where we are simply not creating chances. E.G. the first effort on goal against Burnley was a free kick by Whitts in the 46th minute. Coventry was not much better.

I think that Malky needs and deserves time to build his squad however I think its frustrating that things are not being changed to fix the problems. i.e. change formation, change players, use substitutions wisely. Some fans will say that the players we have in the wings are not good enough but surely some of them at least deserve a chance and a run in the team. (Blake, Conway, Earnie, Quinn,etc.) Surely if things are not working out you need to try something different Views?

Re: Attempts on Goal - Lack of Creativity

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:26 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17497337

BBC say we had 16shots on goal... im sure ive heard Malky say before that we had 22 shots on goal in a game.. maybe thats his favourite number?!

Re: Attempts on Goal - Lack of Creativity

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I believe that it has been reported that we had 22 attempts at goal against Millwall. I must have been watching a different game because the game that I saw certainly did not have that many attempts. Not by us anyway. Millwall had two really good chances in the second half where they could have won the game.

The official stats show that we had 9 shots on goal and 7 off target. Mason had one cleared off the line in the first half and there was a long range effort by Mc Phial. I do not recall another chance in the first half.

I certainly cannot remember the Millwall goalkeeper having to make a decent save. "22 attempts on goal" suggests that we battered Milwall which is not the case. In fact they certainly shaded the first half with attempts.

We have had the same problem in other recent home matches where we are simply not creating chances. E.G. the first effort on goal against Burnley was a free kick by Whitts in the 46th minute. Coventry was not much better.

I think that Malky needs and deserves time to build his squad however I think its frustrating that things are not being changed to fix the problems. i.e. change formation, change players, use substitutions wisely. Some fans will say that the players we have in the wings are not good enough but surely some of them at least deserve a chance and a run in the team. (Blake, Conway, Earnie, Quinn,etc.) Surely if things are not working out you need to try something different Views?

I like Malky but he has to stop this bullshit. Its not the first time that he has tried to justify our performance by misquoting the number of chances the team has created. So Malky, your not kidding anyone and you are just making yourself look foolish so please stop because I am now losing faith in you on a weekly basis.