John Fleck
Danny Wilson
Steven Dobbie

Brighton;

Gonzalo Reyes
Sam Vokes
Ben Dickenson
Abdou Razak.

Looks like our competitors managed to find players they thought good enough to add to thier squads and non of these players cost as much as the £3m we reportedly bid for Sordell. Nicky Maynard at £2m and Billy Sharp at £1.8m being the reported fees.

I think it's difficult to argue that our competitors did push on in January and during the loan window and we have been left behind.

Both on and off the pitch.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "We Couldn't Spend The £4m Available In January But "

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 am

Gary,
My questions are

Was Malky really given £4mill/£5mill to spend ?
If so then is Malky to picky for his own good ?

If he really did have that much money to spend, then he himself ruined all the good he did in the first half of the season and by his own admission he said publicly 3 times in Oct we need to strengthening if we are to go up ?

If you really want players, they are out there.

I don't know any other manager in our history who would of turned down the money if and I mean if it was given to him to spend ?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:27 am

I, today believe.
that a championship club is easier to buy (cheaper) than a premiership one.
next season if all go's to plan for the malay, and the loans all paid, we will go up without a doubt.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gary,
My questions are

Was Malky really given £4mill/£5mill to spend ?
If so then is Malky to picky for his own good ?

If he really did have that much money to spend, then he himself ruined all the good he did in the first half of the season and by his own admission he said publicly 3 times in Oct we need to strengthening if we are to go up ?

Annis both Noone and Sordell have confirmed they were in talks with Cardiff about signing so yes he definately had the money to spend. The fact that he failed to spend it puts him in a class of one as the only Cardiff manager in history who failed to spend money when it was given to him.

That failure has brought the chickens home to roost together with MM overplaying our players during March and refusing to use the squad available to him.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:32 am

Strictly speaking the list does not tell the whole picture, some of them are loans, we signed loans too, and we also made two permanent signings. With one loan having gone back to his parent club and one appearing to be a dud then yes the other clubs do seem to have signed players who have made a difference, eg Dobbie, huseklepp, and Roberts all impacting their new clubs significantly.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:50 am

dorsetblue wrote:Strictly speaking the list does not tell the whole picture, some of them are loans, we signed loans too, and we also made two permanent signings. With one loan having gone back to his parent club and one appearing to be a dud then yes the other clubs do seem to have signed players who have made a difference, eg Dobbie, huseklepp, and Roberts all impacting their new clubs significantly.

Of course that list includes loan players but even West Ham in signing Maynard and Vaz Te didn't spend £4m. When MM moans about having a small squad the argument is lost when Blackpool sign 5 players which helps thier manager change 7 players, as he did yesterday against Southampton, and still get a result.

We have basically played the same group over and over, why?, because we haven't signed players who are ready to play at this level (Lawrence excepted).

The point I'm making is that the players were there but somehow we missed the boat. Big mistake in my opinion.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:02 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70232

I refer to my earlier post where I was called a fool :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:10 am

Personally, i don't think their was ever any money for, or intention too, buy or loan players last Jan.

Are they waiting for a clean sweep off the pitch in the summer [ref Carls update] before things move on?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:13 am

I've never heard of a manager who doesn't want to spend money, in 99% of cases they're banging on the chairman's door asking for funds to spend, so to be given a big lump to spend in Jan and not use it seems very unusual, then to not be active in the loan window seems even stranger. I know we signed kadeem Harris and loaned Lawrence and Lukic but 2 of those have either not been used at all or returned to whence they came after just 1 month, new faces normally revitalise teams especially at the business end of the season but sadly I think our season has gone stale.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 am

I know for a FACT the club didnt have enough money to push a deal through for Sordell. They are just pissing down our backs.

I

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 am

polo wrote:I know for a FACT the club didnt have enough money to push a deal through for Sordell. They are just pissing down our backs.

I

Enough being the operative word here.

If this is true it does make you wonder where the finger should be pointed.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 am

For the likes of maynard and billy sharp it was the wages that would have been the stumbling block and if dobbie hadn t scored yesterday wed have been saying hes a rubbish jack reject.
I personally believe the money was available but malky has been too picky but then again are we as a club in the position to be laying out millions on players that may prove to be duds?
Id rather settle the debts and invest in the future rather than throwing millions away like l;eicester who have been even worse than they were last season. Couple of seasons from now the reckless spending will come back and bite them in the arse. Same with west ham if they dont make it.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:59 am

Christ people need to get over this, it's bloody April now. Talk about thinking in the past.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:Christ people need to get over this, it's bloody April now. Talk about thinking in the past.

People need something to moan about though :D
malky out :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:35 am

milly44 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Christ people need to get over this, it's bloody April now. Talk about thinking in the past.

15,000 fans have put their money in to the club for next season, so they have shown their support,
We can all have our moan on a forum,as long as we keep turning up to support them, thats what really matters. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 am

dazzyt wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70232

I refer to my earlier post where I was called a fool :ayatollah:

Dazzy, your def not a fool. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:49 am

From Facebook

Paul Ames
Well if it's true that there was money to spend then Malky is not our man and we should get a manager who can do the job properly.
If the money was there then there is no excuse that the players he wanted were not available.
DJ got players with very little money to spend.
I personally am not a big fan of Malky yes he got us to the CC FINAL but he has failed in my eyes with the league since January. Blah blah blah that this is a rebuild season we had a team pushing for automatic spot and we have failed because the manager failed to get the right players we needed to push on ie wingers etc. I don't think I've seen any one all season actually make the byline and cross the ball in its all ways cut back and try and cross the ball.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 pm

all of those teams brought in an average of 3 or 4 players... roberts doing well for reading, dobbie for blackpool with 2 goals yesterday, vaz te scoring for west ham...

we brought in no one and this is the reason why we are where we are today... 8th 9th 10th is the realistic finish for us..

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:

15,000 fans have put their money in to the club for next season, so they have shown their support,
We can all have our moan on a forum,as long as we keep turning up to support them, thats what really matters. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Problem is - the fans have a moan on the forum, then take it to the ground! I have groups of people infront and behind me calling the players, pricks, useless, bottlers, wankers, crap, shit....etc etc leaving on 35th minute for a HT pint, returning to their seats on the 55th minute for the rest of the 2nd half, then leaving the stadium on 80-85th minute to go home with the added BOOOO to go with it - when we are all trying to get behind the team.

I wonder why these people bother to turn up?

I'd rather have 12-13000 fans there who will make a noise and support than have 25,000 there with only half of them willing to support the team.

It doesn't surprise me that the players prefer to play away from home (Had a small conversation with Quinny about this) - with the loyal supporters to back them 100% than they do to play at home with the added pressure and all these negative factors. I actually considered giving up my Season Ticket to travel to all the away games instead - but due to work, wasn't viable. But am definitely going to try and get to more away games next season!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Get some miserable gits at aways too Merlin calling players all sorts, drive me mad.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:42 pm

At the start of March we were looking forward to a run of 5 matches from 8 at home and the chance to cement our place in the playoffs. After the end of the game yesterday we had taken 5 points out of 9 away from home but only 3 from 15 points at home. When you add to that the fact that we failed to score in 4 of those 5 home games it tells you something has gone wrong. What and why are in my opinion reasonable questions.

When you consider that during those 8 matches 6 players played every minute of every game, another played all but 1 minute and another all but 15 minutes. Compare that to the last time we played 8 league matches in a month, December 2007, only 1 player played every minute and that was the goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel. The rest of the squad were rotated by the manager. Why wasn't this done last month?

Players like Gerrard, Quinn, Blake, Naylor and Keinan have all made big contributions over the last two seasons to help the club reach the playoffs. Why is it that only 1 of those players was used during the last month and that was as a last minute substitute? Some people will say that they are not good enough but I say they were good enough either last season, the season before or both so why were they not used? More importantly playing 8 players for all but 16 minutes of those 8 matches what effect has that had on them? and could and should it have been avoided.?

But for me failing to score in 4 of our 5 home matches last month, the worst run since we failed to score in 6 of 7 home matches during season 2004/05, has done more to damage our playoff prospects than anything else. How many times have I read on this board this season that we need a winger or a targetman? With £4m to spend I think it's a fair question to ask why we failed to sign one.

Back in the 2004/05 season we sold Earnie just before the summer transfer window closed and we never replaced his 20 a season average. We were left with an injured Peter Thorne, a new £1m signing Alan Lee and the £1m Andy Campbell but that season we were saved by a young and raw Cameron Jerome who managed a very creditable 7 goals that season.

Unfortunately for us while we were struggling to find players the current top 6 clubs had no such problem and as a result we have been left behind in the push for the playoffs.

In my opinion of course. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:

I agree. We can moan all we want but still support the team. I remember a shit 0-0 draw midweek against Halifax in the fourth division and buying some fags in the shop afterwards a face was in the queue ahead of me. The shopkeeper asked him the score and he said, without hesitation, 0-0 to us. That sums it up for me. Even when we are shit there is still hope, optimism and humour.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

If it isn't true that Malky had all that money to spend then why has he played along with the story that he did have the money. Not what you would expect from any manager. Hmmm?????

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 pm

In my opinion, the malaysians did not want to go up this year for a number of reasons:

1. The first one is that there are too many cronies and spongers on the board, that if we were to go up this year, they would reap all the benefits from getting to the premier league, and it is quite clear that vt and co want rid of these clowns, and Mark my words they will not be here next year, thank god and good riddance, there is one that they might keep on, but they also know that he has raped the club also.
2. Malky did not have any money in January and the bids for other players was just a smoke screen to apeise us fans.
3. We are not in a position, behind the scenes to go to the premier league, the whole set up is a joke and could not cope with the 30000+ crowds we would be getting.
4. The malaysians will soon be having a clear out and that means right throughout the club from boardroom to administrators, they are no mugs and have a clear plan to go up next season, when everything will be in place.
5. Malkey is fully aware of the plans, the frustrating thing for me is, don't f**k us about and play that shit football, play good quality, high tempo football on the ground like we did prior to Christmas and the new year, and if, as I believe we do not want to go up and have a long term plan, play the squad players in the play offs, but please do not ram this rubbish that we are playing now down our throats.

Don't ask me where I get my information from, just take it as this is my own view for now, that's all I/we ask is for to play decent football and please no bullshit anymore, we have supported this club for over 40 years, some of us :old: and that's all we want is good footy, plenty of guts and honest players and staff, and the we roll on in to the premiership next year and compete with the big boys. (jacks will be back down by then, so don't shoot me for classing them as big) :lol:

Keep the faith all, it's coming, don't panic :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:46 pm

[quote="Neath Bluebird"]In my opinion, the malaysians did not want to go up this year for a number of reasons:

1. The first one is that there are too many cronies and spongers on the board, that if we were to go up this year, they would reap all the benefits from getting to the premier league, and it is quite clear that vt and co want rid of these clowns, and Mark my words they will not be here next year, thank god and good riddance, there is one that they might keep on, but they also know that he has raped the club also.
2. Malky did not have any money in January and the bids for other players was just a smoke screen to apeise us fans.
3. We are not in a position, behind the scenes to go to the premier league, the whole set up is a joke and could not cope with the 30000+ crowds we would be getting.
4. The malaysians will soon be having a clear out and that means right throughout the club from boardroom to administrators, they are no mugs and have a clear plan to go up next season, when everything will be in place.
5. Malkey is fully aware of the plans, the frustrating thing for me is, don't f**k us about and play that shit football, play good quality, high tempo football on the ground like we did prior to Christmas and the new year, and if, as I believe we do not want to go up and have a long term plan, play the squad players in the play offs, but please do not ram this rubbish that we are playing now down our throats.

Don't ask me where I get my information from, just take it as this is my own view for now,

Interesting. Who is the person they might keep on?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:22 pm

polo wrote:I know for a FACT the club didnt have enough money to push a deal through for Sordell. They are just pissing down our backs.

I

Sorry Chris but there was £2million in a bank account ready to be paid as the downpayment to Watford for Sordell, the reason was his agent Sky Andrews went and auctioned the player to the highest bidder and Malky told me he was not getting into that situation.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:If it isn't true that Malky had all that money to spend then why has he played along with the story that he did have the money. Not what you would expect from any manager. Hmmm?????

Malky told a group of us (12 or so) that he had bid for Sordell, Noone and Phillips. I don't think any manager would say that if it was not true.

Let's end this once and for all, Malky Mackay had the money to spend, the Malaysians backed Malky in January.

Even after the window shut and the loan window opened, TG and VT asked on a daily basis in the first week of that loan window, 'Where are our players?'

Malky was trying to get Mackie and Smith from QPR right up to the final day of the loan window but Hughes would not release the players be cause of QPR's results prior to the loan window closing, wages or loan fees were not an issue.

The reason we didn't get players in was a result of the type of player Malky will only bring into this club, rightly or wrongly but that is HIS reason.

Malky will be backed again in the summer, I have no doubt about that.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I

Sorry Chris but there was £2million in a bank account ready to be paid as the downpayment to Watford for Sordell, the reason was his agent Sky Andrews went and auctioned the player to the highest bidder and Malky told me he was not getting into that situation.

Carl, its correct right, that they were sat there staring at a screen with £2m on a direct wired transfer for the down payment - waiting for the call to press the button..... thats what I heard? ;) but were then told, sorry Cardiff - Deals off.....

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Merlin wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I

Carl, its correct right, that they were sat there staring at a screen with £2m on a direct wired transfer for the down payment - waiting for the call to press the button..... thats what I heard? ;) but were then told, sorry Cardiff - Deals off.....

Not what I was told yesterday by a friend of someone who attends the board meetings.

I cant go into names I dont want to get people in trouble but some of the stuff I heard about the way the club is being run was bonkers.

The Malaydians havent got a clue.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Merlin wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I

Yes Craig, the deal was agreed in principle but as well as the agent doing his job to get his client more money, the Watdord owner was paying games too.