Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ARE WE "

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:35 pm

nerd wrote:Good enough for promotion - We're two points off the playoffs, we're in the mix.

Are the tactics right or are they wrong ? - Right against Birmingham. Yesterday faced a team battling to stay up, not an easy game, we were far the better team second half, just couldn't get the goal. It happens.

Is the team giving its all ? - Yes.

What is wrong ? - We're in season one of a rebuild where we lost 12 players, gained 10, have 6-7 not good enough to feature handcuffing our wage bill to a large degree.

Or is everything ok ? as some say we should not moan and be happy ? - Can moan about individual performances, sure, but some of the OTT comments are ridiculous because people just are refusing to see the bigger picture of things. We've overachieved IMO. We need the finances to be sorted. We need to remove the fringe players to enable more to come in. You don't fix the mess we're in within one season.

And should we go up, the squad will need massive revamping otherwise we'd be humped. Sometimes you need to take that step back to take two forward. But having said that, again, 2 points off playoffs, we're well in the mix.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " ARE WE "

Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Good enough for promotion or not good enough ?

Are the tactics right or are they wrong ?

Is the team giving its all ?

What is wrong ?

Or is everything ok ? as some say we should not moan and be happy ?

OK
The tactics have rarely been spot on.
The team is giving its all, but they are swimming upstream, shackled by inferior midfield formations and lack of pace and creativity.
What is wrong is basically the wrong pool of players have been assembled for this seasons squad, poor recruitment from MM and is left fitting square pegs into round holes. No pace, no shooting from the edge of the box, no quick passing and no marksman up front. Miller has been a massive disappointment given his wages.
Malky has another year in the job at most for me and if there no improvement come next Feb, he has to go. Hope I am wrong as I like him very much, but beginning to wonder if he is out of his depth.
But.... we have had it much worse, and will continue to cheer on MM and the boys! :ayatollah: