Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ARE WE "

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:32 am

Good enough for promotion or not good enough ?

Are the tactics right or are they wrong ?

Is the team giving its all ?

What is wrong ?

Or is everything ok ? as some say we should not moan and be happy ?

Re: " ARE WE "

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:39 am

no we aint good enough if we did by some sort of miricle gain promotion we would need a totaly different side to what we currently have,at the moment the team has no idea we have no width and have players in the side who just aint good enough and everone in the ground can see that except for the manager

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:Good enough for promotion or not good enough ? no way good enough on current form

Are the tactics right or are they wrong ? def not right results speak for themselves

Is the team giving its all ? yes, but look like running on empty.

What is wrong ? not utalising the full squad

things dont seem ok... we should be happy but current football being dished out is not acceptable ...

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:53 am

There seems to be something fundemantally wrong to me. The players seem to have lost faith in the system and Malky is sounding and behaving more like DJ every game and I don't think he is helping himself with team selection or tactics. Perhaps we are partly responsible as fans as we all said we had no expectations at the start of the seaon. However, top 6 virtually all season and Wembley raised those expectations and perhaps we are just now seeing us finding our natural level with this squad and putting too much pressure on them to sustain the position as genuine promotion challengers...

The money side of things is strange because with up to £5 million rumoured to have been available in January and no signings to show for it, it made many question whether Malky was telling us the truth despite confirmation of what he said from various parties involved. Its hard to see how bids on the final day were ever going to get us anywhere and why if Kadeem Harris was his priority signing, why we have seen nothing of him when we are crying out for pace and width. Surely even if hes not ready for a full game in Malky's eyes, he can come off the bench just to change things about a bit - the unknown factor. We seem to be stifling our most creative player [Whitts] under the team ethic and the lack of firepower is obvious for all to see. Kenny runs hinself into the ground but the service has been awful for him at times.

Its all very odd as this is a team that has taken 6 points of Reading, 4 off Southampton, 4 off Brum, 3 off West Ham and yet only 2 off Millwall, 2 off Coventry, 0 off Hull, 1 off Ipswich and 2 off Burnley which to me says we were very inconsistent even when we were playing well. All in all, I think it may be better on current form that we miss out this season and come back next year refreshed and strengthened for an assault on the top 2.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 am

no we're not good enough at the moment, we need another season in this league and have a clear out of our fringe players and bring in some new exciting blood, another season in the championship and i'm sure we'll be good enough to make it in the prem, but from what i seen yesterday malky needs to change his tactics PRONTO! the lone striker just isn't cutting it, and the rest of the league has gotten wise to the 4-5-1 formation...4-3-3 all the way for me, but in malky we trust!! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:15 am

I do belive malkey has got the tactics correct and I do belive the players are giving it everything. I just don't think that we have enough depth in every position to get to the places we want to go to but I also think that us as Cardiff city fans need to remember where we were at the start of the season and how far we have come we have lost alot of players and they were good players. In pre season we all were saying 12th will be a good finish and we are now 8th and 2 points off the play offs I know we started well at the start and I think that is down to the players having alot of energy and now 2nd half of the season they have played to many games and need a rest but we don't have the players to rest the first team players with. Malkey at Watford had a small squad and look what he done I just belive he is a fantastic manager and I belive in a season or two he will take us were the club and everyone involved with the club wants to be.
Let's support the boys what ever happends because I belive good things come to those who wait ( we have been waiting along time) :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 am

ccfcwhitchurch wrote:I do belive malkey has got the tactics correct and I do belive the players are giving it everything. I just don't think that we have enough depth in every position to get to the places we want to go to but I also think that us as Cardiff city fans need to remember where we were at the start of the season and how far we have come we have lost alot of players and they were good players. In pre season we all were saying 12th will be a good finish and we are now 8th and 2 points off the play offs I know we started well at the start and I think that is down to the players having alot of energy and now 2nd half of the season they have played to many games and need a rest but we don't have the players to rest the first team players with. Malkey at Watford had a small squad and look what he done I just belive he is a fantastic manager and I belive in a season or two he will take us were the club and everyone involved with the club wants to be.
Let's support the boys what ever happends because I belive good things come to those who wait ( we have been waiting along time) :ayatollah:

Very good post.

However I just feel MM has been a victim of his own success here. We end up 12th after being 2 points of an auto place then people will forget about the start of the seasona and only think what has happened. That will not restore faith in anyone, fans will not renew STs and more people will dessert the remaining home games. Like it or not that is what will happen and new investors will have to have some dramatic decisions.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 am

Are we good enough - NO
Are the tactics right - NO
What is the cause - MM
Do the players give 100% - YES

There was no £4 million to spend we were as ususal lied to.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 am

We simply don't score enough goals because for whatever reason, we couldn't be arsed to buy a couple of strikers in January....we had no interest in promotion this season, it's plain to see....thing is people are getting fed up now, loads of people I know are not renewing Season Tickets, and I don't blame them.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 am

Roy wrote:Are we good enough - NO
Are the tactics right - NO
What is the cause - MM
Do the players give 100% - YES

There was no £4 million to spend we were as ususal lied to.

Roy I totally agree

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:05 am

I have said for a while, we simply are not good enough. In fact, since Wembley, we have been pretty poor.

Can some body please remind me what were the qualities that stood out in Malky Mackay that got him appointed as Cardiff City manager?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:35 am

We're shit and have been since Christmas nothing changed at all ,even down to a stupon manager who's loves to blame everyone bar himself . Malky wake up , Teams have worked you and your boring 1 up front formation and stop blaming ref's and starting blaming your self and your dreadful piss poor tactics and formations, having Joe play on the left was a complete joke .

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:37 am

smilebit wrote:We're shit and have been since Christmas nothing changed at all ,even down to a stupon manager who's loves to blame everyone bar himself . Malky wake up , Teams have worked you and your boring 1 up front formation and stop blaming ref's and starting blaming your self and your dreadful piss poor tactics and formations, having Joe play on the left was a complete joke .

For a moment then, i thought you were describing Dave Jones. :? Mind you, at least DJ played two up front!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:42 am

Unfortunately I don't think we quite have enough up or sleeves for promotion but we are not far away.

We are capable of some incredible performances but we can't consistently put in these performance.

I think Malky at times has got the tactics right but he needs to be ballsy and change it up as we have come a little bit predictable.

The players are definitely playing at 100% and that is down to the man management of Malky, The players are knackered though. The intensity we started the season with was never going to last.

I back Malky, I back our players and I still think we can challenge for the playoffs. If it was straight forward then we wouldn't be Cardiff City Football Club :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:51 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
smilebit wrote:We're shit and have been since Christmas nothing changed at all ,even down to a stupon manager who's loves to blame everyone bar himself . Malky wake up , Teams have worked you and your boring 1 up front formation and stop blaming ref's and starting blaming your self and your dreadful piss poor tactics and formations, having Joe play on the left was a complete joke .

For a moment then, i thought you were describing Dave Jones. :? Mind you, at least DJ played two up front!

Dave Jones had class up front , we've got a useless Scottish tw*t, who couldn't score in a brothel with 50 quid wrapped around his Penis. It so so telling the lack of quality and class we haven't got up front or on the Wings .

C'Mon Back Chopra please...... :(

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:04 am

Are we good enough - Unsure but the we will find out over the next 6 or 9 games.
Are the tactics right - Yes and No, some good decision followed by bad.
What is the cause - lack of confidence after a poor run and disgruntle fans.
Do the players give 100% - Yes

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 am

are we good enough? - we lack pace and flair but not everyone owns one of them as they usually cost alot. I think we may be good enough to sneak a playoff spot, and we were good enough to get to the carling cup final and take lieverpool to penalties a month back.
are the tactics right? - people say we play at our best when we play 4-5-1 then people moan when we play it at home :roll:
Earnie and Rudy at present arnt good enough, and miller isnt scoring, if one of those 2 points were different Malky wouldnt be being quetioned.
what is the cause? - fans dont help, some expect us to be playing Real Madrid in EL CLASICO next week.
do the players give 100% ? - YES

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:47 am

milly44 wrote:are we good enough? - we lack pace and flair but not everyone owns one of them as they usually cost alot. I think we may be good enough to sneak a playoff spot, and we were good enough to get to the carling cup final and take lieverpool to penalties a month back.
are the tactics right? - people say we play at our best when we play 4-5-1 then people moan when we play it at home :roll:
Earnie and Rudy at present arnt good enough, and miller isnt scoring, if one of those 2 points were different Malky wouldnt be being quetioned.
what is the cause? - fans dont help, some expect us to be playing Real Madrid in EL CLASICO next week.

On the fans bit, this is just a forum opinions/debate etc.

Our fans have put their money in for next season 15,000 so far. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Good enough for promotion or not good enough ?

What is wrong ?

we are not good enough annis,and things dont look right at the moment :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:46 pm

krabb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Good enough for promotion or not good enough ?

What is wrong ?

we are not good enough annis,and things dont look right at the moment :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Kevin, at home games one player up front ? :shock:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:57 pm

milly44 wrote:are we good enough? - we lack pace and flair but not everyone owns one of them as they usually cost alot. I think we may be good enough to sneak a playoff spot, and we were good enough to get to the carling cup final and take lieverpool to penalties a month back.

The fans dont help Milly? Thats the sort of comment I would expect from Dave Jones.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I think on current form we are really shit. I don't think we will get to the playoffs and I don't think we will get promoted. However, if we win the next match and I have a few cheeky heinekens then I will think we are capable of promotion until we lose the next match and I will continue my fickle ways.

When we are shit, my head makes me question City as usual, however, when the net bulges and we get three points my blind optimism returns. Again.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Seen better park football with 9inch grass and dog shit on the field than are team for the last three months , the club as a whole are losing fans theres nothing there at the moment in every aspect of what it is to be a city fan and thats all im going to say :cry:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

The fans dont help Milly? Thats the sort of comment I would expect from Dave Jones.

People in this part of the world "What are we like" ;)

Are we good enough? That's the most disappointing thing because I honestly believe we are, but when our best forward isn't scoring or one or two players form dips only slightly we struggle.

Are the tactics right? Given the make up of our squad I would have to say yes because we don't have enough options in the squad. To lopsided towards defenders not enough options up front or wide.

What is the cause? An unbalanced squad and a manager who plays the same players over and over again to the point where we become predictable. This situation should have been addressed during both loan windows and the January transfer window, it wasn't hence we are where we are.

Do the players give 100%. Without doubt for our players have given thier all in every game except Ipswich away. In my opinion we rolled over and had our tummies tickled there but it was a week before the CC Final. For me we have a great bunch of players and they deserve our full support.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:36 pm

whoever is right or wrong as long as it doesn,t become personal then everyone should/can have an opinion.its a m/b.that,s what they,re for.judging by the viewing figures and useage in another thread i,d say free debate has flourished on here.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 pm

jtc wrote:whoever is right or wrong as long as it doesn,t become personal then everyone should/can have an opinion.its a m/b.that,s what they,re for.judging by the viewing figures and useage in another thread i,d say free debate has flourished on here.

Disruption is the key for some

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Good enough for promotion - We're two points off the playoffs, we're in the mix.

Are the tactics right or are they wrong ? - Right against Birmingham. Yesterday faced a team battling to stay up, not an easy game, we were far the better team second half, just couldn't get the goal. It happens.

Is the team giving its all ? - Yes.

What is wrong ? - We're in season one of a rebuild where we lost 12 players, gained 10, have 6-7 not good enough to feature handcuffing our wage bill to a large degree.

Or is everything ok ? as some say we should not moan and be happy ? - Can moan about individual performances, sure, but some of the OTT comments are ridiculous because people just are refusing to see the bigger picture of things. We've overachieved IMO. We need the finances to be sorted. We need to remove the fringe players to enable more to come in. You don't fix the mess we're in within one season.

And should we go up, the squad will need massive revamping otherwise we'd be humped. Sometimes you need to take that step back to take two forward. But having said that, again, 2 points off playoffs, we're well in the mix.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

On the fans bit, this is just a forum opinions/debate etc.

Our fans have put their money in for next season 15,000 so far. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

15000 is brilliant more than I expected at this point.
The fans part wasnt only about this board, I almost decked some herberts stood behind me yesterday, they were negative and abusive towards our own players from the first minute. I just think we are the worlds most fickle :ayatollah:
Last edited by milly44 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Maybe Jones had a point then

Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 pm

nerd wrote:Good enough for promotion - We're two points off the playoffs, we're in the mix.

Are the tactics right or are they wrong ? - Right against Birmingham. Yesterday faced a team battling to stay up, not an easy game, we were far the better team second half, just couldn't get the goal. It happens.

Is the team giving its all ? - Yes.

What is wrong ? - We're in season one of a rebuild where we lost 12 players, gained 10, have 6-7 not good enough to feature handcuffing our wage bill to a large degree.

Or is everything ok ? as some say we should not moan and be happy ? - Can moan about individual performances, sure, but some of the OTT comments are ridiculous because people just are refusing to see the bigger picture of things. We've overachieved IMO. We need the finances to be sorted. We need to remove the fringe players to enable more to come in. You don't fix the mess we're in within one season.

And should we go up, the squad will need massive revamping otherwise we'd be humped. Sometimes you need to take that step back to take two forward. But having said that, again, 2 points off playoffs, we're well in the mix.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with this