Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kevin Mcnaughton, Sort it out!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:58 pm

I dont have anything again Kev, he's been a great player for the club
but FFS Malky, play the boys on merit and on form.

Kevin has been absolute dog shite all season. For whatever reason I dont know.

So drop him yeah.

He cant cross.

He cant beat a man.

He is one footed.

Everytime he gets the ball you are just waiting for him to give it back to the opposition.

He cuts back inside EVERY time it is so obvious and he slows down and kills our attacks and
today he even manged to dribble the ball out of play as he ran unaposed up the touchline
and gets a f*cking round of applause off some of our backwards fans who had that been
Naylor would be baying for blood.

:shock:

Re: Kevin Mcnaughton, Sort it out!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 pm

And he got man of match today

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Clean sheet.

Today his distribution was far better.

The issue is this. When he's defending he's class.

When he's pushing forward he's become liable to criticizm, starting from this year e.e when he was running down the line today.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Didnt think he was too bad today, and earlier in the season.
Even though his passing has been pretty poor. His tireless runs up and down the wing are sometimes fruitful. In fact earlier in the season he was taking players on with confidence and beating them. Then playing the ball away safely.
He's also got about 4/5 assists I think so he can cross, I've just noticed that Mason doesnt run onto crosses very well.

And think of all the times he's saved us at the back this season with goal line saves, last ditch tackles.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:06 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Clean sheet.

Today his distribution was far better.

The issue is this. When he's defending he's class.

When he's pushing forward he's become liable to criticizm, starting from this year e.e when he was running down the line today.

I disagree mate, I dont think his defending is class at all.

Plenty of examples.

Ipswich being a starting point.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Thought he did well today, intact both fullbacks did.

Also kevs use of the ball was prob better than most the midfields, certainly better than witts today.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm

i thought kev was ok today, but. been off form like the rest of the team since christmas time :roll:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Going to have to agree to disagree lads.

Struggling here to be honest, been to all but 2 home games and 8 away and
I think McNaughton has had a terrible season.

Dont get the preferential treatment from Mangement and fans alike but there you go

:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Going to have to agree to disagree lads.

Dont get the preferential treatment from Mangement and fans alike but there you go

I don't think he has had a good season but miles ahead of anyone else we have and today he did well.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I don't think he has had a good season but miles ahead of anyone else we have and today he did well.

Maybe mate.

Whats happened to Naylor and Quinn, Darcey can play there aswell. Whats the point in having these boys in the squad.

What has Darcey done wrong? Whats happened to Ralls? Why sign Kadeem Harris (sp) ?

Why bring on Rudy to play up front with Miller and then take Miller off?

Haha, as you can see Im full of questions tonight.

Malky is starting to play with my head now, just dont get him, its like wathing a different team, the work rate has gone.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Darcy to me isn't a RB, not a starting RB anyway, ideal for the bench tho.

Naylor and Quinn will be gone in the summer I'm sure, they may as well be back up while we pay them. I understand they are on good wages so I'm sure MM will bring in his own players to replace them, maybe a player who can play in both positions.

I believe Harris, ralls and even mason were brought to play in te development team to develop for the future.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe mate.

Whats happened to Naylor and Quinn, Darcey can play there aswell. Whats the point in having these boys in the squad.

What has Darcey done wrong? Whats happened to Ralls? Why sign Kadeem Harris (sp) ?

Malky is starting to play with my head now, just dont get him, its like wathing a different team, the work rate has gone.

Quinn is the most interesting one for me. Decent first season and then appeared from nowhere last January and was in the side until the end of the season and was like a new signing. He was outstanding at rhe QPR home game in particular; didn't give Tommy Smith, one of the best attacking players in the Championship on his day, a sniff!

I'd like to see either him or Blake given a go. Don't think it would do much harm. I'm a fan of Kev's, but he needs a rest.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe mate.

Quinn is the most interesting one for me. Decent first season and then appeared from nowhere last January and was in the side until the end of the season and was like a new signing. He was outstanding at rhe QPR home game in particular; didn't give Tommy Smith, one of the best attacking players in the Championship on his day, a sniff!

I'd like to see either him or Blake given a go. Don't think it would do much harm. I'm a fan of Kev's, but he needs a rest.

Quinn's injured and apparently out for the season, Darcy is just wasting his time sitting on the bench. Kev looks shattered and like you said needs a rest. Don't think he had a bad game today though :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Scruffy wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe mate.

Quinn's injured and apparently out for the season, Darcy is just wasting his time sitting on the bench. Kev looks shattered and like you said needs a rest. Don't think he had a bad game today though :ayatollah:

Oh yeah, forgot he was injured :lol: He'll probably be moved on in the summer though, which is a shame.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 pm

Kev shattered :shock: he had more energy than anyone today.

This tired nonsense is just an excuse, no one looks tired.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Scruffy wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe mate.

Oh yeah, forgot he was injured :lol: He'll probably be moved on in the summer though, which is a shame.

He is a decent player but I do seem to panic when players attack him for some reason. Wasn't the last game he played against Palace where he ran the whole length of the pitch with a dead leg, that was quality :lol: Would be a shame to see him go though.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm

No idea what was the last game he played :lol:

Leicester home in the cup when he ended up scoring the winning the penalty as captain when he was just about finished? :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:39 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:No idea what was the last game he played :lol:

Leicester home in the cup when he ended up scoring the winning the penalty as captain when he was just about finished? :lol:

that was it :lol: