Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans need to lower expectations

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:50 pm

After the disruption at the start with a new manager and more or less a new squad why do fans feel we should be competing with the top 6?
Malkys done a superb job so far and will add to the squad in the summer at least judge him next season.
God help if we get the premiership our first season will have fans moaning that we aint in a champions league spot :roll: :roll:
Cardiff city's biggest enemy seems to be its own fans :(

Re: Fans need to lower expectations

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:53 pm

jinks-rct wrote:After the disruption at the start with a new manager and more or less a new squad why do fans feel we should be competing with the top 6?
Malkys done a superb job so far and will add to the squad in the summer at least judge him next season.
God help if we get the premiership our first season will have fans moaning that we aint in a champions league spot :roll: :roll:

i think people are questioning the tactics and team selection... fans are frustrated with the performances which have been well below par since the new year.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:00 pm

I agree but we need to be patient. malkys first season and a small squad which he will hopefully build on soon :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:05 pm

jinks-rct wrote:I agree but we need to be patient. malkys first season and a small squad which he will hopefully build on soon :ayatollah:

i believe its just pure frustration. maybe we did too well in the first half of the season.. maybe other teams were poor in the first half of season. the fact we were 3rd and so close in january and have suffered melt down since is starting to take its toll on most...

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

You lower your expectations if you want but I was brought up believing and striving for to be the best and a winner every time, if people who play for our club, players, managers etc., don't share that goal, then as far as I am concerned they can f**k off, winning is the only thing that matters :ayatollah:

Coming scone is not an option

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:20 pm

i agree. before the season started everyone said they'd be happy with a mid table finish;i know we got to a great position earlier in the season but if we're honest we were punching well above our weight, These are the good days to be supporting City because there are a lot of us who have seen the shit days of the old div 3/4.
With the update from last night I reckon there is a big summer coming up for City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 pm

jinks-rct wrote:After the disruption at the start with a new manager and more or less a new squad why do fans feel we should be competing with the top 6?

Absolutely spot on.

The only problem with this club at the moment is the majority of its fan base.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:30 pm

At the start of the season,If we were offered the position we are in now with the games we have remaining, we would have taken it......

but not if we were to drop so many silly points in the process.

Just seems a waste of hard work to be beating teams like Reading twice, 4 points off Southampton, 3 of West Ham: only to gain 2 points off Coventry etc