Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

we are not ready for the premiership.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:33 pm

and malky and the board know it.
our time will come but not yet. :old:

Re: we are not ready for the premiership.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:09 pm

no one is untill they are up there, then build your team over the season's. :) CCFC our day will come, one day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 am

It's not just about the team, it's the club are not ready to go up....that was made clear during the Wembley ticket distribution.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:21 am

Your right, on current form we're ready for League 1

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 am

to be honest, i feel we are a long way off becoming a prem club...

this season i believe we failed to grab the opportunity when it was there.. we are in touch of the play offs but, other teams are better than us.. i.e. blackpool, west ham reading.. etc..

next season, will see malkys first proper season with his own squad, thats if he ever signs anyone... i would be at the least expect a promotion push next yr whether it be top 2 or play offs at the min...

however if we continue with the same system i feel we will be no better off than this yr..

we need a couple of new strikers in the summer, two out and out wingers and also in my opinion a new centre back with pace..

we need pace. i dont think we have scored a goal from a counter attack this yr? also this yr will be the first for many we havnt had a top 5 goal scorer either... says it all....

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:41 am

No we don't want £90 million :?

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:57 am

Last season was a chocolate rush of energy based on nothing but short termism.

This season has been the after affects of last season. I thought about it last night. Our spine is strong and the core of the team is relatively young. We probably "only" need:

Two full backs who can push for first team selection (Blake will be sold)
Two back up centre half (Gerrard & Keinan will be sold or allowed to leave)
Three Pacey forwards (I assume we will see Harris one day)

I hope MM is preparing a narrow midfield (3) with Kenny in his current role with 2 pacey attacking midfield/winger/forwards (similar to Bellers)

With two full backs that support rather than provide the total attacking intent of our team.

We will be ready then