Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kiddiminster at Ninian Park 2000?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Who was there that day? I was, worst luck! I left that game after the worst sporting fixture I had ever witnessed both in the flesh and on TV! Nil nil it was, and I drooped home genuinely thinking we were done for, we were either going out of business, or leaving division 3 for the non league life! and will NEVER forget that walk home, no matter how bad things are going for us AND YES, TODAY WAS REALLY BAD!!!!! WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY IN 10 YEARS OR SO BELIEVE ME, I am grateful for where we are right now.

If my memory services me correct Sam came along and kick started the roller coaster to where we are now, but what I am trying to say is, YES, WE ARE LACKING PACE, IMAGINATION, FAIR AND FLUIDITY AT THE MO, but bloody hell all I have to do is think back to that awful game in front of an empty Ninian Park just 10 or 12 years ago, and it doesn't feel so bad. We can still make the play offs despite today, and history shows its not always the form team or the side that finishes 3rd or 4th that go up!

Re: Kiddiminster at Ninian Park 2000?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:25 pm

Remember that game very well unfortunately and agree with your sentiments :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:35 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Who was there that day? I was, worst luck! I left that game after the worst sporting fixture I had ever witnessed both in the flesh and on TV! Nil nil it was, and I drooped home genuinely thinking we were done for, we were either going out of business, or leaving division 3 for the non league life! and will NEVER forget that walk home, no matter how bad things are going for us AND YES, TODAY WAS REALLY BAD!!!!! WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY IN 10 YEARS OR SO BELIEVE ME, I am grateful for where we are right now.

If my memory services me correct Sam came along and kick started the roller coaster to where we are now, but what I am trying to say is, YES, WE ARE LACKING PACE, IMAGINATION, FAIR AND FLUIDITY AT THE MO, but bloody hell all I have to do is think back to that awful game in front of an empty Ninian Park just 10 or 12 years ago, and it doesn't feel so bad. We can still make the play offs despite today, and history shows its not always the form team or the side that finishes 3rd or 4th that go up!

Good post mate.

I just popped to Bargain Booze and the lad served me, saw my city shirt, and said " so a 0-0 draw today then", told him I went bla bla bla.

He's a Wycombe fan and said he went to NP when we played them first game of the season when I think we won 1-0.
He went on his own but a few City fans took him under their wings when he turned up in Cardiff, how nice welsh people are I said.

It was when he said think it was around the time Sam Hamamm was around and that we have progressed a hell of a lot as a club and will make it up, certainly moving in the right direction compared to where we were in the past.

Made me think that it ain't all that bad,
And every little things gonna be alright :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Quality post mate :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

theres 9 games left in reality, weve had a few draws which is normal before u go on a winning streak :D even a draw next week and were still in the mix for 6th spot, top 5 is defo the saints, reading and west ham, and you can prob add brum and blackpool to that at the MOMENT. if anybody from brighton to ipswich win there last 6 games, there in as well. and as for the play offs, its a lottery as we all know :ayatollah: