Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Serious Question. Does the club want promotion this season?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Please bear in mind I am in full support of the owners and I still, although not as much as three months ago, have faith in the manager.... However despite claims of having money to spend and full support of the board the team has not been strengthened in areas glaringly obvious to all.... fans, pundits, players and even the manager (having bid for a winger and a striker in the last window).

So I wonder if, because of the current shareholding and 'deals' to pay off debts, that it *may* not be in the best interest of the club to get promoted until the shareholding, club ownership and debt restructuring (namely with PMG and Langstone) is sorted out. Perhaps if we did get promoted this season the EPL money would, under the current terms of debt arrangements, have to be paid out to our creditors thus reducing the EPL money for the club.. So maybe the restructuring needs to happen before the club can really benefit from promotion.

Just some ramblings but it strikes me the club have purposely missed an opportunity to strengthen when we were in such a strong position

Re: Serious Question. Does the club want promotion this season?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:55 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:Please bear in mind I am in full support of the owners and I still, although not as much as three months ago, have faith in the manager.... However despite claims of having money to spend and full support of the board the team has not been strengthened in areas glaringly obvious to all.... fans, pundits, players and even the manager (having bid for a winger and a striker in the last window).

So I wonder if, because of the current shareholding and 'deals' to pay off debts, that it *may* not be in the best interest of the club to get promoted until the shareholding, club ownership and debt restructuring (namely with PMG and Langstone) is sorted out. Perhaps if we did get promoted this season the EPL money would, under the current terms of debt arrangements, have to be paid out to our creditors thus reducing the EPL money for the club.. So maybe the restructuring needs to happen before the club can really benefit from promotion.

Just some ramblings but it strikes me the club have purposely missed an opportunity to strengthen when we were in such a strong position

I've no doubt the owners want promotion but we are just not good enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:Please bear in mind I am in full support of the owners and I still, although not as much as three months ago, have faith in the manager.... However despite claims of having money to spend and full support of the board the team has not been strengthened in areas glaringly obvious to all.... fans, pundits, players and even the manager (having bid for a winger and a striker in the last window).

I raised this point on the night of the update, and from what I have learnt since, it is not unrealistic for the scenario you and I suggested to be the reality.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:41 pm

conspiracy theories, but makes you think. :?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 pm

taffy123 wrote:conspiracy theories, but makes you think. :?

did jfk shoot himself? :D

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm

taffy123 wrote:conspiracy theories, but makes you think. :?

Does it? Lol