Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sad to hear millwal legend passed away

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:24 pm

always sad to hear when a former footballer passes away .barry kitchner millwall legend holds the record for appearances for his beloved millwall lost his fight against cancer very sad .i saw barry play at the den against crystal palace when millwall beat them three two at the den the year was 1973 i was represnting west glamorgan we were on an easter tour playing two sides in the london area and this was one of the games we went to see it was a classic
rip barry
millwall legend

Re: Sad to hear millwal legend passed away

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:26 pm

He got a good applause from all at CCS today :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:30 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:He got a good applause from all at CCS today :ayatollah:

missed the game today first game i have missed at home in years dueto work comittmeants but glad to know he had good applause from our fans :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:02 pm

i remember him too.r.i.p barry

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:10 pm

He played in the very first game i watched at NP. 1972 Cardiff 2 Millwall 2. Toshack got the opening goal and Cardiff got a 2 goal lead before Millwal pulled it back with a last minute equaliser from Harry Cripp.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XklH1hrPkqs R.I.P CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Was very sad indeed to hear about Barry Kitchener today. I've got a programme in front of me, CCFC v Millwall, 75/76 season. That was 0-0 as well, but we did go up that season. But back to Barry, great centre half. He was like a stick of rock; if you cut him in half, he would have had Millwall FC written through him. Blokes like Barry Kitchener (and Harry Cripps) are what Millwall are all about. May Barry (and Harry) Rest in Peace.Condolances to his family, and all at the Den.