Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liam Lawrence

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Liam Lawrence said that he did not want to leave Portsmouth, and today he looked as if he wants to be back there, he looked today as if he just was not interested.

Re: Liam Lawrence

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:56 pm

EL JEFE wrote:Liam Lawrence said that he did not want to leave Portsmouth, and today he looked as if he wants to be back there, he looked today as if he just was not interested.

I guess the fact he was voted MOM (fans MOM I believe) shows he couldnt have been that bad.
I thought he played well today.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:58 pm

milly44 wrote:
EL JEFE wrote:Liam Lawrence said that he did not want to leave Portsmouth, and today he looked as if he wants to be back there, he looked today as if he just was not interested.

I guess the fact he was voted MOM (fans MOM I believe) shows he couldnt have been that bad.

Clearly he's the new scapegoat.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Good player and I was very pleased when he signed for us.

Myabe he's just not being played in the correct position. Where did he play today, anyway?

I thought he had a good game today, no one was exactly poor today, there was just no creativity.

nerd wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Clearly he's the new scapegoat.

I actually watched him off the ball alot today because of 2 negative pricks stood behind me abusing him. And he works his socks of defensively. so the lack of interest comment is way off, no one enjoys tracking back, especially if you have no interest.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Thought Lawrence was ok today, certainly thought he showed more passion than some, got booked for actually showing a bit of urgency.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Since he signed I think he has been nothing short of terrible but today I felt he was a lot better and had a decent game

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 pm

I didn't want short term loans, but I think he has given us a touch more class and has worked hard.

Our problem is that we have a lot of neat, technically good, relatively combative (even whitts :o ) central midfield play maker types who need mobile targets ahead of them. That is why we give the impression we are walking the ball into the net.

The spine of our team is ready for next seasons assault, we just need to recruit the pace and mobility up front.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:13 pm

:?
He had a good game today, the best yet in a city shirt

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:13 pm

The best thing about having forums like this is the fact that free speech still exists,judging by the reaction lots of people thought he had a good game today, I did,nt think he did, but that's my view I,m glad other people can have a different opinion,
I have seen him three times so far only because I,ve,been on holiday, and I am not impressed so far. So time will tell.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:15 pm

EL JEFE wrote:The best thing about having forums like this is the fact that free speech still exists,judging by the reaction lots of people thought he had a good game today, I did,nt think he did, but that's my view I,m glad other people can have a different opinion,
I have seen him three times so far only because I,ve,been on holiday, and I am not impressed so far. So time will tell.

:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Since he signed I think he has been nothing short of terrible but today I felt he was a lot better and had a decent game

Agreed

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Thought he had a good game today. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Since he signed I think he has been nothing short of terrible but today I felt he was a lot better and had a decent game

Spot on Luke! :ayatollah: