Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Perspective and points of pride for Cardiff City Supporters

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:59 pm

There's a fair bit of Malky & player hating on this board, and within general conversations today recently, which is not only understandable but justified as well. Most of us are a little confused with some of the team selections; tactics and form of certain players, however I believe current criticism from certain sections of our support goes beyond the boundary our achievements both off and on the pitch should dictate. We need to stay mindful of:

- We have a manager we can be proud of. A manager who genuinely values our input as supporters and values the relationship between the club and us. A manager who appreciates the value of the shirt and instills that in his players, which is reflected in their approach and work rate within a game
- No shame whatsoever in being an established Championship club. It's a great but tough league we've been extremely competitive in for many seasons now, including this current season. Yes you could argue a club of our size, with our stadium, our catchment area, and the passion that is visible should be playing in the Premier League but there are countless other clubs below us in the English pyramid system who have more illustrious histories that could also boast the same argument
- This season we came within a couple of spot kicks of winning only our second major trophy and were treated to our 4th visit to Wembley in 5 years
- We have seemingly the right owners for the club, and judging by Carls info from the summer we're going to have a stability off the field and an opportunity to signiicantly progress as a club that we won't have experienced for years and years
- We have a academy that continues to churn out and develop exceptional talent, an aspect that is made all the more important not only because of the impact it has on the team; players being effectively brought up within the culture of the club; and the potential for financial gain, but because of the focus the management team places on the nurture of young talent - something we are all in favour of.

Yes we've got pointers to have a moan about but there's ample positivety to shout louder about, and I'm certainly thankful for these times within which we support our great club, the bright future the current structure/personnel WILL deliver.

To address the playing side of matters, we've beaten some very decent teams already this season under Malky's guidance and he's moulded us into an extremely tough team to break down and beat - as results have shown. I'm sure Malky will be first to admit the brand of football and attacking approach are not hitting the heights intended currently, but I believe that will come - in regard to priorities at least he's got it the right way around.

We've experienced and witnessed more than enough under Malky's leadership to suggest we could well be heading towards great times, times that will be enjoyable in it's entirety with the whole club united as per Malky's values.

Keep the faith lads... :ayatollah:

Re: Perspective and points of pride for Cardiff City Supporters

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:15 pm

A very good post i have watched since the 60s AND THIS IS AS GOOD AS WE HAVE BEEN.I enjoy the CCC it is very competative every team can beat the other so its no disgrace to play in same league and to be competative every year

With the season nearly over we have remained at the top most of season plus a cup final I FIND THAT A GOOD YEAR how many of you expected to see a cup final in your life time i know i didnt after all the years watching lower league football.
With some new players next season and hopefully the debts sorted will be the time to press on for the premiership as the squad we have at the moment isnt strong enough.