Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are you enjoying our football more now than in previous seasons?

You may select 1 option

View results

Attractive Football/Pace/Width

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:12 pm

Do you consider that we are playing attractive football at the moment supported with width and pace. In recent seasons we have played attractive football and killed teams off by playing that style of football. A the moment with the formation being played and the lack of depth in the squad we do not seem to be creating a great deal of chances on goal. Are you enjoying the current football more now than in previous seasons?

Re: Attractive Football/Pace/Width

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm

What an odd question after 6 years of lump it football under Jones.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:27 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Do you consider that we are playing attractive football at the moment supported with width and pace. In recent seasons we have played attractive football and killed teams off by playing that style of football. A the moment with the formation being played and the lack of depth in the squad we do not seem to be creating a great deal of chances on goal. Are you enjoying the current football more now than in previous seasons?

Killed teams off?

Is that why we continually failed to promote by not killing teams off?

Given the attendances over the years - and not since the cup final run - it's pretty clear people only turn up for a successful team not the style of play.

As I evidenced with some particularly thick cretins behind today, who verbally abused players from minute one, continually urging keeper/defenders to "lump it long".

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:43 pm

We did see games out and 'kill teams off' by winning by 3 or 4 goals rather than the current team scoring and sitting back inviting pressure, e.g Coventry.

For the past 2 seasons we have scored 4 plus goals in 5/6 games respectively. This year we have done it once. No comparison. We have not got the firepower to see games out and thats why we have conceded the most amount of points from winning positions.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:45 pm

i dont think i have seen an attractive game of football this season to be honest.

some entertaining prior to xmas etc. but a severe lack of quality and attraction.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:30 pm

This is the least i have enjoyed the football on show in years, it's not the results but the style we play. I thought Malky was a great choice for replacing Jones & really thought we'd play attractive football but to date i'm dissapointed with his tactics & formations.