Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Today's performance

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:27 pm

I wrote at half time in the Bristol match that. Have just seen the worst 1st half performance from a city side for years, well today I saw the worst two halves I have seen in a very long time,

If the players were playing to instructions, then I am a very worried man as to the future of our club on the pitch, because:-

1). The tactics that were adopted we're totally inadequate, how the hell you expect Miller to collect any good ball by thumping it up in the air from Marshall, Turner is beyond me, he is not the tallest of forwards, I wonder if he is 5ft nothing in his socks,
The service that he gets is very poor, in fact it was non existent at times.

2) The running off the ball was very poor, players were too slow in turning defence into attack , very often the attacks broke down, either because there was no player to pass to upfront, and therefore the ball was played square, or backwards.

3) Why do you persist in playing Mcnoughton as an attacking full back, his game is suffering because of the way he is asked to play, it was crying out for. Conway to come on and what did you do , play him on the left when the problem was on the right.

4). Why did you take Mcphail off,and don,t say he was tired because he did,ntlook it to me, and he looked surprised when he had to come off, he was the best player on the pitch until he got removed, for what Gestede poor substitution.
Why did you listen to the criticism from the people who wanted Earnshaw back, he was a great player but not anymore. Where as Miller will work his socks off with poor service, Earnie runs around like a headless chicken.

What really bothers me is, either your stubbiness to alter your tactics as they stand, or you don,t know how to change them, but either way it,s draining my conferdence in your management.
This is my 58th year of watching Cardiff City, but today I left with ten minutes to go not because I,m a plastic or because I,m a moaner, but after all these years of watching Cardiff City are wearing me down, I am no longer enjoying my match days, I used to look forward to the excitement of the day but it seems to me that your tactics and press conferences are no better than the man you replaced.

Re: Today's performance

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Fully agreeā€¦feeling very deflated after today and 100% defo not renewing my season tkt.