Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS MAKLY AS GOOD AS WE THOUGHT ?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 pm

When a new manager comes in after the old one is sacked, the team starts to do well . But after a short time the true form starts to show. But if that manager was really good and worth his salt ,then he has the ability to again inspire his team. Malky shouldnt need to inspire this team that much as ,the inspiration is already there in the shape of the play off. But even that dont show in our performance in the last few months. I mean wouldnt a Manager that have said over and over again , That he will pick players on performances ? Yes again and again he puts out the same team while players like Conway sit on the bench and only gets a run out now and again. Im sure you all seen the same as me today, as soon as Conway come on the game opened up. So what has Conway done or said out of turn , that Malky puts his feeling before the intrest of the club? :old:

Re: IS MAKLY AS GOOD AS WE THOUGHT ?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Makes you think what Hughton and Dimatteo did wrong in their interviews. Wonder what they are doing now? :(

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:18 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Makes you think what Hughton and Dimatteo did wrong in their interviews. Wonder what they are doing now? :(

Chris Hughton knew to much about football for Gethin Jenkins liking and Hughton said to someone we know well in the media that it was the most unprofessional interview he had ever had in football. Dimatteo and Hughton both were not called back for a second interview and I said at the time, I was shocked/gob smacked by it.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Turning on the manager already, let's get another one in and start say in person x we trust. Pathetic.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Einstein wrote:Turning on the manager already, let's get another one in and start say in person x we trust. Pathetic.

Im not turning on Malky, but I believe you have to ask this question. When like he said , he only picks players that is going the job on the training field and is on form. Then how come he keeps picking Miller over and over when he dont score? and wont give a chance to Ernie or even ,put him on the bench. Also he leaves Conway out and again at some times wont put him on the bench. Yet as soon as he come on the games changes and show some life. You just have to ask, You want to be in Malkys Gang Malkys gang ? You want to be in Malkys Gang O yer ! and if your not in his gang your out ! and form dont mean a thing . COME ON MALKY LETS REALLY KNOW HOW IT IS WITH YOU ! Remember you cant say one thing and do another and hope the fans dont remember what you said a while back. You must play your best players , friends with them or not, the club must come first , not your feelings. :old:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
Einstein wrote:Turning on the manager already, let's get another one in and start say in person x we trust. Pathetic.

Im not turning on Malky, but I believe you have to ask this question. When like he said , he only picks players that is going the job on the training field and is on form. Then how come he keeps picking Miller over and over when he dont score? and wont give a chance to Ernie or even ,put him on the bench. Also he leaves Conway out and again at some times wont put him on the bench. Yet as soon as he come on the games changes and show some life. You just have to ask, You want to be in Malkys Gang Malkys gang ? You want to be in Malkys Gang O yer ! and if your not in his gang your out ! and form dont mean a thing . COME ON MALKY LETS REALLY KNOW HOW IT IS WITH YOU ! Remember you cant say one thing and do another and hope the fans dont remember what you said a while back. You must play your best players , friends with them or not, the club must come first , not your feelings. :old:

Is this fact, or are these your assumptions?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:Makes you think what Hughton and Dimatteo did wrong in their interviews. Wonder what they are doing now? :(

Chris Hughton knew to much about football for Gethin Jenkins liking and Hughton said to someone we know well in the media that it was the most unprofessional interview he had ever had in football. Dimatteo and Hughton both were not called back for a second interview and I said at the time, I was shocked/gob smacked by it.

I thought the claims made were that DiMatteo had the attitude he was doing us a favour and Hughton had slides with West Ham on there.

And that Mackay impressed with his vision and plans.

At least, that's what was claimed when we were winning games.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:07 pm

skcollob_ho wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:

Is this fact, or are these your assumptions?

No not just my assumptions, Malky has said it time and time again. about how he goes about picking his teams, he goes on how the perform in training, and how sharp they look in training , thats what he has said many times. Do you think Miller looked that sharp today ? cos I didnt and I like Miller, yet Conway comes on looks real sharp ,but he was made to sit on the bench. While I think he should have started . He has been left on the bech before come on and put fire into our attack ,but next match left on the bench again. We could all see today that Conway should have been on long before Malky let him play. We needed to open up the game down the sides, and really streach them wide, If myself and others around me could see it why couldnt Malky see it sooner ?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:17 pm

How about Sean Dyche, doing well with Watford.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:17 pm

malky definately has its favourites!!!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 pm

Perhaps it is too early yet to really judge Malky but in my opinion the answer is NO he is definitely not as good as everyone thought he was going to be. Perhaps we can only really give a true judgement after the end of next season. I said many times to all the Dave Jones out brigade to be careful what you wish for. I hope and pray Malky comes good and proves me wrong.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Not sure this is 100% true but I heard that Hughton showed a powerpoint presentation and the last slide stated how he would give his every effort to ensure......West Ham were promoted - Thats unproffessional if true.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Much better than I initially thought :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:46 pm

Malky is as good as we think

Are the Malaysians?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:50 pm

grangetownblue96 wrote:malky definately has its favourites!!!

*his

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:14 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
grangetownblue96 wrote:malky definately has its favourites!!!

*his

All managers do, just like fans.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:18 pm

don,t forget he only had half a squad when he arrived.talking of hughton ,when he went for the blues job he impressed peter pannu with his dossier on the players.that was the closet he got to seeing them as pannu promptly sold them :lol: if we don,t get promoted he,ll need a dossier on conference players for next season :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 pm

I think he has alot on his mind,

and has been put off by our clubs backroom representitives and perhaps has lost faith

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:25 pm

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I thought the claims made were that DiMatteo had the attitude he was doing us a favour and Hughton had slides with West Ham on there.

No not true at all, Gethin Jenkins never liked them both so they never got interviewed by the Malaysians, their names were never put forward.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:27 pm

All I will say is Malky was def not my choice or on my list, but he has def turned out better than I ever thought he would.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No not true at all, Gethin Jenkins never liked them both so they never got interviewed by the Malaysians, their names were never put forward.

I think Steve Davies said this.... But it was hughton with the west ham slides.
And di matteo turned up stinking of smoke.

Think he also said MM was the only manager to put forward what he could do for the club where as the others wanted to know what the club could do for them.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 pm

this reminds me of a post i done. grass isnt greener on the other side? ask charlton fans about curbishley. they hounded him out, and were sorry. its a case of we made our bed? :roll:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Think he also said MM was the only manager to put forward what he could do for the club where as the others wanted to know what the club could do for them.

di matteo turned up stinking of smoke?whats the problem did jenkins want to kiss him? :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 am

my only main gripe with malky is that he refuses to blame himself.... its never his fault...

yesterday tony pullis said, we were 2nd best, wigan were the better side and it was my fault which i need to sort out....

malky would blame, the linesman, or ball boy, 50-50 ticket seller, anybody but himself

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:11 am

I'm just ecstatic that old moans has gone :ayatollah:

I still rate Malky and it would be hilarious to bump this thread if we got up through the play-offs this year :ayatollah: :lol:

Mind, I can also see that these are legitimate questions to ask, so I have no problem with them being raised, but do have a slight problem with friends who were saying a few weeks ago "in Malky we trust" to now appear to start turning on him, as that is inconsistent :!:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 am

Is he f**k. He couldnt lace DJs boots.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 am

Malky is everything I expected and more.

I think we forget how long he has been a manager for. He is still inexperienced in managerial terms.

Lets judge him in 2 years time. He needs to be given the time. He will lead us to great things I am sure.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
...Chris Hughton knew to much about football for Gethin Jenkins liking and Hughton said to someone we know well in the media that it was the most unprofessional interview he had ever had in football...

Would be very interested to hear what constitutes a professional interview in Hughton's eyes? What did CCFC do that was SO unprofessional?

Did the doors fall off his chauffeur driven car on arrival at the CCS?

Did they show up in clown suits and squirt water in his face from a plastic flower on their lapel, for the duration of the interview?

If we're speculating, then here are my speculations...

Hughton's plans included pissing away a few million on players [which our owners know full well, doesn't work], getting the club in even more debt, with no guarantee of PL football. When asked about the interview by a local reporter, and whilst still smarting from being told by CCFC that he wasn't the kind of manager they were looking for, Hughton intimated that he didn't want to manage us anyway [feel free to use a spoilt child's voice on the highlighted bit] by saying it was the most unporfessional interview he had ever been in. :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 am

jtc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

di matteo turned up stinking of smoke?whats the problem did jenkins want to kiss him? :lol:

Maybe maybe :lol: