Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OUR CURRENT TEAM "

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Please be totally honest.

How many of our current team if promoted would play in the Premiership week in week out ?

Please name them ?

I say none of them, just my honest opinion.

Just maybe Heaton or Marshall. just maybe.

Re: " OUR CURRENT TEAM "

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Whittingham and ummmm...

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Whitts
Kenny
Gunnar
Coiwe
Turner
Marshall

All Malkys favourites.

I also think Taylor would be able to manage it as well.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:58 pm

CantonJack wrote:Whitts
Kenny
Gunnar
Coiwe
Turner
Marshall

All Malkys favourites.

You really think Miller is a Premiership player ? He cant even score 15 goals a season in this division.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:59 pm

bluebirdcal wrote:Whittingham and ummmm...

Even he had his chance with Villa and could'nt cut the mustard.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Heaton and Marshall would probably be ok, Heaton more so.

Kev at his best could, Hudson and Turner no real issue. Taylor would be ok.

Conway hasn't been given enough of a crack, Cowie isn't effective enough, but we haven't seen a great deal of him in the middle. Whittingham and Gunnarson at their best were up there. Kiss will eventually if he continues to develop.

Mason in a year or two should develop well enough.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

RFMH wrote:Heaton and Marshall would probably be ok, Heaton more so.

Kev at his best could, Hudson and Turner no real issue. Taylor would be ok.

Conway hasn't been given enough of a crack, Cowie isn't effective enough, but we haven't seen a great deal of him in the middle. Whittingham and Gunnarson at their best were up there. Kiss will eventually if he continues to develop.

Mason in a year or two should develop well enough.

Yes Mason needs time :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:10 pm

We can only assume. i remember people on here saying players for swansea and norwich wernt gonna be good enough for the premiership :roll: :roll:

The premiership gives you more time and space on the ball unlike the championship

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Ben Turner, Peter Whittingham, Aron Gunnarsson and Joe Mason.

Possibly our keepers as well.

I honestly don't think the rest will have much of an impact but you could name a few more that would be fringe players.

I would love to see Kadeem Harries given a shot. He would give us that spark even if he is a bit raw.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Whitts & Turner maybe Gunnerson

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Please be totally honest.

How many of our current team if promoted would play in the Premiership week in week out ?

Please name them ?

Whittingham, Gunnarsson and Turner. Maybe Taylor and both keepers.

Forget the rest in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Whitts
Kenny
Gunnar
Coiwe
Turner
Marshall

All Malkys favourites.

You really think Miller is a Premiership player ? He cant even score 15 goals a season in this division.

No I dont. If we went up this year, then those players would be likely on the teamsheet every week under Malky.

Under a different manager,
Whitts
Turner
Maybe Taylor
Gunnarsson, Marshall and Heaton for the weaker clubs

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 pm

maybe the youth player o sulivan :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Miller :D

He was part of that Wonderful record breaking Derby County team, so plenty of experience there.

If we go up (unlikely now) or remain here, the team will receive a revamp in the summer.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:46 pm

WHITTS and MASON

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Please name them ?

I must say I agree with you 100% , to be honest I know people love Whitts ,and Im sorry to say I dont think for 1min even he could demand a places in a Prem team. When he is on top form I would say superKev has a Chance but he would be the only one. :old:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm

Please name them ?

Seriously, if you think half of our squad isnt good enough to play in the Prem when we have beaten Prem teams in the past with worse teams and when we have beaten a Prem team this season, almost beat another with our B team and drew in regular time with Liverpool then you need to get your head out the gutter and see sense.

Marshall - Good Championship Keeper/Decent Prem could improve however
Heaton - Good Championship/ Decent Prem. could improve
Parish - Unknown - Said to be an up and coming England keeper, hard to see with Joe Hart but anything is possible with youth

Kev - Good Championship/Decent Prem, could improve
Turner - Great Championship/Good Prem.
Hudson - Great Championship/ Decent Prem, could improve
Taylor - Good Championship/Decent Prem, Young, room for improvement
Naylor - Decent Championship/Low Prem, Getting on abit now, room to be improved
Blake - Good Championship/Decent Prem, has shown he has ability, rarely gets played
Quinn - Decent Championship, not really a premiership player unfortunately. Work horse, need more than that at prem.

Cowie - Decent Championship/Low prem, can be improved
Conway - Good Championship/Decent Prem, can be improved
Whittingham - One of the best players in the Championship/Good Prem. Limited time at Villa to shine so no point in using that as an arguement against him seeing as he still hadnt developed properly.
Gunnarson - Good Championship/Decent Prem. Young, learning the game well
McPhail - Good Championship/ Decent Prem. Would be used as more of a squad player
Kiss - Decent Championship/Low prem. Young, still learning the game. Has good potential though
Lawrence (Loan) - Good Championship/Decent Prem. I dont get the hate for this guy, he has a good range of passing and is able to make space so well. Getting on abit though, can improve.
Ralls - Decent Championship/Low Prem, Still very raw, could be a vital player when given more game time.
Harris - Unknown - A youth player with apparent pace to burn, unknown how well he will turn out untill we all see him play
Warton - Unknown - Had one feature with us against West Brom, thrown into the deep end and held his own. Nerves played a big part in his performance however. Could develop into a good player

Miller - Great Championship/Decent Prem, The best striker at our club. There is no question about it. Been playing in a lone striker role (as he plays in his national team and has been playing since Blackpool away when we dominated the game). Hasnt had the rub of the green infront of goal but look at all the Mid Table premier league strikers that dont manage 15 a season and are still considered to be great players. Could improve however
Earnshaw - Decent Championship. Age is against Earnie now, he is looking dated and doesnt carry the same threat he once had. Wouldnt say he could play premiership football anymore.
Mason - Good Championship/Decent Prem - Bags of potential and a maturity and football brain above his age. Premiership teams will be having a look at him after the Carling Cup Final.
Gestede - Decent Championship - Not convinced he could make the step up. Seems lazy and uninterested at times. Seems to lack fitness but some players lack that and are still quality. Needs to buck up his ideas and work hard on the training ground.
Parkin - Decent Championship - All he ever will be IMO. Good at what he needs to do and thats be a target man but thats just about it.

If I've left any players out then ill do an analysis on them too. At least half of our team could play Premiership football week in week out with Whittingham being the main highlight.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:26 pm

maybe o'sulivan in the future

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:31 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
bluebirdcal wrote:Whittingham and ummmm...

Even he had his chance with Villa and could'nt cut the mustard.

Between the ages of 18 and 21. Nice to see someone is a failure at a young age as a fringe player.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Please name them ?

FFS why dont you leave our boys alone first it was the retained list and now whos good enough for the next level,the next few games are massive and yet weve got our own fans questioning our players abilities do you want promotion?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:37 pm

snakeyes wrote:

Please name them ?

FFS why dont you leave our boys alone first it was the retained list and now whos good enough for the next level,the next few games are massive and yet weve got our own fans questioning our players abilities do you want promotion?

come outside for some fresh air mate :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:39 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:
snakeyes wrote:

Please name them ?

meaning?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:40 pm

snakeyes wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:
snakeyes wrote:

Please name them ?

meaning?

meaning you sound angry and need to cool down ??

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:
snakeyes wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:
snakeyes wrote:

Please name them ?

meaning?

mate i am angry when we got so called supporters attacking our own players at this crucial time :twisted:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm

snakeyes wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:
snakeyes wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:
snakeyes wrote:

Please name them ?

meaning?

mate i am angry when we got so called supporters attacking our own players at this crucial time :twisted:

i know its just we had such a good start to the season and looked like we would get top 2 , and now this its frustrating i wish we had this run of form start of season , and then had a good run to climb the table , if you know what i mean.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:54 pm

[quote="ccfc1981"

i know its just we had such a good start to the season and looked like we would get top 2 , and now this its frustrating i wish we had this run of form start of season , and then had a good run to climb the table , if you know what i mean.[/quote]

How do you think Leicester and West Ham are feeling right now then?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:00 pm

LWay wrote:[quote="ccfc1981"

i know its just we had such a good start to the season and looked like we would get top 2 , and now this its frustrating i wish we had this run of form start of season , and then had a good run to climb the table , if you know what i mean.

How do you think Leicester and West Ham are feeling right now then?[/quote]

im talking about cardiff i dont give a f**k about them to be honest

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:07 pm

ccfc1981 wrote:

im talking about cardiff i dont give a f**k about them to be honest[/quote]

Well seeing as they were EXPECTED promotion and they are currently playing as well as a team of blind rodents on speed.

West Ham were in the top 2 and aren't there any more and are on just as bad form as us. Leicester? Well no real need to talk about them, their position in the league compared to the money they have spent says it all.

Us? We had little expectation, we got within touching distance of top 2 and got into a cup final, we hit a blip and now we are struggling at the business end of the season like we have done most years. Remember last year? Last game of the season we drew with Bellars scoring in the last minute near enough for us. Hadn't won a game i dont think in the final run up to the play offs/with Bywater in goals.

This was a season of rebuilding. If we dont make the prem then we dont make it. Dont have a divine right to be there.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:12 pm

LWay wrote:
ccfc1981 wrote:

im talking about cardiff i dont give a f**k about them to be honest

Well seeing as they were EXPECTED promotion and they are currently playing as well as a team of blind rodents on speed.

West Ham were in the top 2 and aren't there any more and are on just as bad form as us. Leicester? Well no real need to talk about them, their position in the league compared to the money they have spent says it all.

Us? We had little expectation, we got within touching distance of top 2 and got into a cup final, we hit a blip and now we are struggling at the business end of the season like we have done most years. Remember last year? Last game of the season we drew with Bellars scoring in the last minute near enough for us. Hadn't won a game i dont think in the final run up to the play offs/with Bywater in goals.

This was a season of rebuilding. If we dont make the prem then we dont make it. Dont have a divine right to be there.[/quote]

i can see what you mean mate, just we always do a cardiff , and it looks like west ham are doing a cardiff :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Please name them ?

Listen I know we haven't been playing well of late, but that's a bit extreme, isn't it?

What about Turner, Whittingham, Taylor, or Gunnarsson? And others? I agree about the keepers though.