Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LOSING FAITH IN THE MANAGER ? "

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Sorry but after starting like that again today, it beggars belief? For heaven's sake man play two upo front and use Conway on the wing! Twenty minutes on the park and it gave us attacking options.

As for Miller? If your centre forward won't pull the trigger six yards out then I give up!

Boring Boring Malky and you must take the blame for your starting line up

Wiggy :ayatollah:

Re: LOSING FAITH IN THE MANAGER?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 pm

wigstar wrote:Sorry but after starting like that again today, it beggars belief? For heaven's sake man play two upo front and use Conway on the wing! Twenty minutes on the park and it gave us attacking options.

As for Miller? If your centre forward won't pull the trigger six yards out then I give up!

He does have them playing dull football. Reminds me of Toshack with Wales.

Re: " LOSING FAITH IN THE MANAGER ? "

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:08 pm

I can understand playing 4-5-1 away from home but not at home against bottom teams. These are the games that need to be won. The teams that get promoted are the teams that go for it, in particular Blackpool, Norwich. This season its Reading.Their last 33 games they have Won 21, drawn 6 and lost 6 and are currently beating West Ham away.

Over the past couple of seasons we got so near by playing attractive attacking football.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:09 pm

wigstar wrote:Sorry but after starting like that again today, it beggars belief? For heaven's sake man play two upo front and use Conway on the wing! Twenty minutes on the park and it gave us attacking options.

Wiggy,

I have to question, why are we playing one upfront in home games ?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I am not

but, if we line up for the first game of next season with one up front I will start to question him

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:10 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I am not

but, if we line up for the first game of next season with one up front I will start to question him

This one upfront is why I am questioning Malky, I really cant understand it ?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:16 pm

Fear of changing it too much as we played some superb football at the start of the season with 451 but I totally agree if we are not pressuring their keeper then we need to throw men forward.

As much as I like and still rate Miller I would bench him and play Earnie and Gestede upfront. Earnie needs a big target man to play alongside and would be fresh.

Why have we not seen Kadeem Harries?

....but to answer your question, I am not losing faith in Malky - he has done so much in his little time in charge. Feels like a different club to the DJ days.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wiggy,

I have to question, why are we playing one upfront in home games ?

It's bonkers Annis and he knows it surely. Best bet is 0-0 on all remailing games at home if we start this way. Really wish I'd worked today the manager has let the fans down AGAIN! Why not give Kadeem a game wide right and play Conway wide left...Have some balls at home else fans will vote with their feet

Boring Cardiff City...amnd yes it's a real pity because we gave ourselves a great chance this year.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Fear of changing it too much as we played some superb football at the start of the season with 451 but I totally agree if we are not pressuring their keeper then we need to throw men forward.

As much as I like and still rate Miller I would bench him and play Earnie and Gestede upfront. Earnie needs a big target man to play alongside and would be fresh.

Why have we not seen Kadeem Harries?

....but to answer your question, I am not losing faith in Malky - he has done so much in his little time in charge. Feels like a different club to the DJ days.

Problem is both Earnie and Gestede aren't up to it.

Earnie struggles to control the ball under pressure, plays with his head down and has absolutely no awareness of the moves his team-mates make.

gestede is a great athlete and a lovely kid, but would be better in the Olympics at say hurdles than leading the line for us.

Miller's confidence is low, but at least he is a footballer and doesn't lose the ball everytime it comes to him.

I can't think of a club in this division which has less/poorer striking options . Even the likes of Millwall ad Bristol City seem to have more/better to choose from.

However i do think we should make more use of Conway who at least has a go at getting past defenders and gets crosses/shots in

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:30 pm

The tactics we played especially in the 1st half beggars belief. Too often we play long balls out of defence to Kenny Miller who is not a target man. These tactics are clueless and useless. OK if Gestade is in the team then fair enough.
We have played this way too often this season and currently it is not working. Also there is no width in the side so we cannot get behind defences.
For me that game today was a season defining game. We cannot beat teams in the bottom half of the table and I cannot see where our next win will come from
Very despondent at the moment

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Bobby Gee wrote:The tactics we played especially in the 1st half beggars belief. Too often we play long balls out of defence to Kenny Miller who is not a target man. These tactics are clueless and useless. OK if Gestade is in the team then fair enough.
We have played this way too often this season and currently it is not working. Also there is no width in the side so we cannot get behind defences.
For me that game today was a season defining game. We cannot beat teams in the bottom half of the table and I cannot see where our next win will come from
Very despondent at the moment

NO MIDFIELD NO ATTACKING THREAT NO IDEAS MALKY ******* SORT IT OUT THE HONEYMOON IS OVER WITH US FANS.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:35 pm

listen, im one of those people who was screaming for dave jones's head and when he was replaced by malky was shouting from the roof tops, and early season when malky stayed out at the end of a game he was waving his fists in the air in triumph .well listen i got it wrong cos i hope im wrong but malky's tactics/players are not right for us he he will not pick players he dont like , :ayatollah: and also as polo said what the f**k is gestade doing on the park he is not good enough for the rhonnda league just my opinion

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:41 pm

had same conversation with my old man earlier. i cant believe we didnt bring another forward in when we could. even if hes a complete arse hole i couldnt care less if he got us promoted! another miller no goal game = another game not scoring! even bring parkin back in this case, we all know earnie scored all those goals because he had a experienced big target man in peter thorne, gestede hasnt got the nack for it yet.