Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DOUR

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Thought we might have turned the corner after the Birmingham game but served an absolutely lousey game this afternoon Mason was totally ineffective and lookked like Miller was trying too hard for the elusive goal McNaughton had some decent runs but how many times he ran the ball out for an opposing throw in when under no pressure .Whitts was working overtime helping the defence which played into Millwall's hands and his set pieces were way off,Mashall seemed as if he was going to make a real hash a few times when the ball was sailing high into our goal area ( needs some serious ball catiching training) Hudson was like the preverbal curates egg ( good in parts and bad in parts) Tuner had a decent game Lawrence put a decent shift in but needs to be less confrontational ( picked up a needless booking )and was by passed far too easy by the Millwall attack ,Taylor looked ok but nothing special and made some headway in the Millwall half and just a shame the City attack was AWOL what was Gestade up too fishing the ball back to our midfield when in the opposing teams goal area ?? and he certainly did not look like the answer to our lack of goal scoring woes.Earnshaw seemed a little too keen and snatched at the few opportunities which fell his way but only given 15 minutes again by MM to try and impress his presence and in my humble opinion needs to come on earlier if not start from the start, Gunnerson did ok got stuck in with his usual style that we have gotten use to,Conway did ok but nothing speacial and maybe should have came on far earlier to replace Mason with the exception of Macphail who was my MOM i thought City where dour and seem determined to shoot themselves in the foot in the race for the play offs with another below par preformance which was reflected in the third empty Stadium ( 21000 ?? someone needs math lessons) i thought their was 15000 at most and the dwindling attendances is due to the below par prefomances from the past few months.

Re: DOUR

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:56 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Thought we might have turned the corner after the Birmingham game but served an absolutely lousey game this afternoon Mason was totally ineffective and lookked like Miller was trying too hard for the elusive goal McNaughton had some decent runs but how many times he ran the ball out for an opposing throw in when under no pressure .Whitts was working overtime helping the defence which played into Millwall's hands and his set pieces were way off,Mashall seemed as if he was going to make a real hash a few times when the ball was sailing high into our goal area ( needs some serious ball catiching training) Hudson was like the preverbal curates egg ( good in parts and bad in parts) Tuner had a decent game Lawrence put a decent shift in but needs to be less confrontational ( picked up a needless booking )and was by passed far too easy by the Millwall attack ,Taylor looked ok but nothing special and made some headway in the Millwall half and just a shame the City attack was AWOL what was Gestade up too fishing the ball back to our midfield when in the opposing teams goal area ?? and he certainly did not look like the answer to our lack of goal scoring woes.Earnshaw seemed a little too keen and snatched at the few opportunities which fell his way but only given 15 minutes again by MM to try and impress his presence and in my humble opinion needs to come on earlier if not start from the start, Gunnerson did ok got stuck in with his usual style that we have gotten use to,Conway did ok but nothing speacial and maybe should have came on far earlier to replace Mason with the exception of Macphail who was my MOM i thought City where dour and seem determined to shoot themselves in the foot in the race for the play offs with another below par preformance which was reflected in the third empty Stadium ( 21000 ?? someone needs math lessons) i thought their was 15000 at most and the dwindling attendances is due to the below par prefomances from the past few months.

Eratta **
Meant to say that the Staduim was only two thirds full at most.