Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marshall Wasting Time

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:34 pm

I don't know if its only me but the amount of time that Marshall had the ball in his possession today was unbelievable. You would get the impression that we were winning the game 4-0 and he was just running the clock down. There was no urgency from the start of the game to the end when it came to his distribution. We were the team that needed the 3 points, playing at home lets get on with it.

Re: Marshall Wasting Time

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Your talking shit, Marshall distributes the ball in good time to OUR players, if it was rushed it would end up coming straight back. If this resulted in a goal I take it you would be the first on here talking shit again saying it was Marshalls fault.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:44 pm

You want to come and sit where I do then. Everyone commented upon it in our area. Is distribution is shocking and if you have a look at a rerun of todays game he has the ball at his feet for 5 minutes. There was no urgency from him whatsoever. Your obviously watching a different game.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:50 pm

it was the other goal keeper that was time wasting.. bloody digging holes for the ball to sit in, just get on with it :evil:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:You want to come and sit where I do then. Everyone commented upon it in our area. Is distribution is shocking and if you have a look at a rerun of todays game he has the ball at his feet for 5 minutes. There was no urgency from him whatsoever. Your obviously watching a different game.

Still talking shit

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:54 pm

I thought Marshall was fannying around aswell....10 mins to go and no urgency to get the ball out and try to win the game.

Let's not lose attitude....which over the season is not good enough.....you have to go and win your games, just like southampton this season and QPR last season.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I don't know if its only me but the amount of time that Marshall had the ball in his possession today was unbelievable. You would get the impression that we were winning the game 4-0 and he was just running the clock down. There was no urgency from the start of the game to the end when it came to his distribution. We were the team that needed the 3 points, playing at home lets get on with it.

Ok, let's get on with it.

Hoof it forward straight away from open play. Towards Gestede, Miller supporting, nobody else around as we'd been defending.

Several times, the ref indicated to Marshall to wait for his signal with free kicks, goal kicks. Marshall waited for the ref's signal to take those kicks, which the ref often failed to do. Hardly time wasting.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:02 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I don't know if its only me but the amount of time that Marshall had the ball in his possession today was unbelievable. You would get the impression that we were winning the game 4-0 and he was just running the clock down. There was no urgency from the start of the game to the end when it came to his distribution. We were the team that needed the 3 points, playing at home lets get on with it.

It helps if the players are open for passes. If they aren't then there is no point in kicking the ball.
People criticise him for clearing his lines and kicking the ball up field when under pressure saying "What are you doing? Find a player and pass it!" then when he has time on the ball everybody moans that "Come on! Taking too long just hoof it up!".
Goalkeepers cant win with fans.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:10 pm

also when miller walked off as slow as possible! anyone would of thought we were 3-0 up seeing the way he left the field!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:11 pm

simon1927 wrote:also when miller walked off as slow as possible! anyone would of thought we were 3-0 up seeing the way he left the field!

Excuse him for being disapointed about being taken off. Not everybody is eager to leave