Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not how you start

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Its how u finish!
We are finishing with a whisper, looks like reliant on others now to pilfer a play off berth.
Stated before, but the Watford forum had made many points about MM time there, bemoaning their lack of tactical nous, ability to play with flare, grind out results and having his favourites play right to the bitter end. oh and his distinct lack of a plan B. This is what has cost us, we have been worked out by january, and results have slowly told their own tale.

Too late again today with his changes, sounds like Conway made an impact and Kenny firing more blanks than a castrated horse!
No doubt MM will aim to put a positive spin on this latest failure to beat one of the mid table also-rans (is mandelsson employed at the club). So glad I didnt make the 600 mile round trip for this, but alas I have another one booked for the end of the season.
I'd like to offer a more positive outlook but believe our lack of action around the transfer windows and our inflexibile style of play will have put the kybosh on this effort :(

Re: Not how you start

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:18 pm

So you wern't there but you can make comment :roll:

If anyone, honestly though we'd stroll to the play-offs this season you need your head examined, average age of the squad speaks for itself. MM was brought in late, Malaysian's were, understandably, a bit weary after being burned by Jones. MM's third ful season as manager. What we have done has shown promise that there is good stuff at the club that can be built on.

As for the idea Malky's teams run out of gas, his Watford teams stopped getting wins when they were safe but were too far away from the play-offs to have a go. Is it really surprising?

Re: Not how you start

Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:28 pm

No not there today, but i follow every game through radio commentary and i am more than entitled to my opinion. also my brother gives me the heads up of how we play