Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fire Power up Front

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:34 am

Is the lack of fire power up front going to cost us this season? At the moment I would be happy to accept a dull 1-0 if we won the 3 points.

However have the negative tactics of sitting back not killing teams off going to prove costly this year. Games against Blkackpool, Coventry, Burnley etc, City have given the highest number of points away this season from a winning position. We are near the top of the 'draw' league. We are also in the top 3 teams for giving late goals away.

In recent seasons with the firepower of Chopra, Bothroyd, Bellamy et al we have scored goals in games to kill teams off. Only once this season have we scored more than 4 goals in a game, i.e. against Barnsley back in October (5-3) when again we gave 2 late goals away.

Last season we scored 4 goals or more 5 times and the season before we scored 4 goals or more on 6 occasions. I wish that we had been a bit more adventurous this season with the formation and a bit more firepower in the line up. lets hope today that Miller finds his form and he hits a hat trick. :ayatollah: