Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OK! Let's get this out of the way! What if we draw tomorrow

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 pm

and rest of the championship results don't go our way - what then? is the season over, do you think we will not be able to make up enough points to get the last play off space? Or do we just carry on - and hope once again - there's a week left somewhere where the results will go our way again - and we claw it back?

My opinion is that its gonna go right down to the last game of the season to see the FINAL FOUR playoff teams, and even if we dont win tomorrow - I still think we can make it!

Re: OK! Let's get this out of the way! What if we draw tomorrow

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Craig, As you all know I am straight to the point and honest with it.

I expect nothing less than a win tomorrow, we have only won 2 of our last 13 league/cup games.
Yes I will be down/fuming if we dont win, but 48hrs later I will get myself going again and it will be BORO here we come. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Malky please don't play one upfront at home.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

i might get shot down for this but we just aint good enough to reach the play offs but i will still be there no matter what :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Craig, As you all know I am straight to the point and honest with it.

I expect nothing less than a win tomorrow, we have only won 2 of our last 13 league/cup games.
Yes I will be down/fuming if we dont win, but 48hrs later I will get myself going again and it will be BORO here we come. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, I do agree with you - I EXPECT A WIN! although, I still dont believe anything is done and dusted yet! Look at my Donny v Brum thread! :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Craig, As you all know I am straight to the point and honest with it.

Spot on Annis. I said I expect nothing but a win our last 3 home games. Infact I said 3 Wins, 9 Points, Nothing less. That didn't quite work out. :lol:

We WILL win tomorrow, But like you said we need to play with more than 1 up front. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I always want 3pts at home and minimum 1pt away but if we dont get 4 points from the next 2 games it isnt the end of the world..

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Merlin wrote:and rest of the championship results don't go our way - what then? is the season over, do you think we will not be able to make up enough points to get the last play off space? Or do we just carry on - and hope once again - there's a week left somewhere where the results will go our way again - and we claw it back?

My opinion is that its gonna go right down to the last game of the season to see the FINAL FOUR playoff teams, and even if we dont win tomorrow - I still think we can make it!

I agree it will go down to the last game to decide the playoff places and I also think it will take less than 75 points to finish in the top 6. Whatever happens this weekend I think the Easter fixtures will have a big say in who makes the playoffs, and I just hope that Coventry goal doesn't come back to bite.

I thought at the time it would but I hope I'm wrong.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:11 pm

LOL, Is it always 48 hrs ???

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Hope he does'nt Annis. Two up front and Conway out wide, please Malky. ;)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Anything less than a win and it will be too much for us to make up.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:i might get shot down for this but we just aint good enough to reach the play offs but i will still be there no matter what :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

and the way the league is going, none are the others, keep the faith :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Lets be brutally honest 2 wins in 13. Even if we got there do you fancy us against west ham or reading over 2 legs? Honestly.

Its a rubbish division this year. if the top 3 dont get promoted ill be shocked.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Win lose or draw tomorrow it's no where near over.

It's a game we have to look to win tho.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:Win lose or draw tomorrow it's no where near over.

It's a game we have to look to win tho.

Exactly my thoughts Luke!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 am

polo wrote:Lets be brutally honest 2 wins in 13. Even if we got there do you fancy us against west ham or reading over 2 legs? Honestly.

Its a rubbish division this year. if the top 3 dont get promoted ill be shocked.

My head says your right.....but my heart thinks that just maybe the boys can turn it aound. One good result today,one lucky bounce, leads to another win. All it takes is a little momentum and then who knows? If the club goes on a run like it did a couple of months ago. Who knows? We could all be talking about how we were doubting Malky for no reason.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Merlin wrote:and rest of the championship results don't go our way - what then? is the season over, do you think we will not be able to make up enough points to get the last play off space? Or do we just carry on - and hope once again - there's a week left somewhere where the results will go our way again - and we claw it back?

My OP comments remain!
Especially the last paragraph!

Hull, Leeds, Leicester, west ham - lost
Boro, Brighton - drew.

Still ain't over.....

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Latest League Table -

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc ... table.html

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:06 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Latest League Table -

Beating Boro Saturday will be Huge! Lose and we will be scrapping for 6th place - (we don't have the greatest record v Boro either) - but I reckon the 1000 fans travelling up could be the difference...

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:12 am

Merlin wrote:

Beating Boro Saturday will be Huge! Lose and we will be scrapping for 6th place - (we don't have the greatest record v Boro either) - but I reckon the 1000 fans travelling up could be the difference...

Craig
Yes our support will be their in numbers and vocal and I reckon we will get at least a draw. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Craig
Yes our support will be their in numbers and vocal and I reckon we will get at least a draw. :ayatollah:

Hope we get a win tbh, but a draw still wouldn't be that bad!! We have to throw the kitchen sink at it now...

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 am

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Craig

Hope we get a win tbh, but a draw still wouldn't be that bad!! We have to throw the kitchen sink at it now...

Time is running out and as we cant win at home, we must go for a win at Boro. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:34 am

This division is shit. We are shit. Malky is shit. The end.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Time is running out and as we cant win at home, we must go for a win at Boro. :ayatollah:

I'm sure that tw*t Emnes will have something to say about that.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:06 am

polo wrote:This division is shit. We are shit. Malky is shit. The end.

Yep spot on

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 pm

polo wrote:This division is shit. We are shit. Malky is shit. The end.

Cool