Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETROL AVAILABLE

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:55 am

I've got 35, 5 litre Jerry cans full of Petrol for sale. £25 each. Can deliver at a cost of £10 a mile. ;)

Re: PETROL AVAILABLE

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:00 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:I've got 35, 5 litre Jerry cans full of Petrol for sale. £25 each. Can deliver at a cost of £10 a mile. ;)

Just been down to Lidl's & bought 50 cases of 12x1 ltr veg oil, job lot £75. That will keep my motor running for a while. ;) :D

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:I've got 35, 5 litre Jerry cans full of Petrol for sale. £25 each. Can deliver at a cost of £10 a mile. ;)

Just been down to Lidl's & bought 50 cases of 12x1 ltr veg oil, job lot £75. That will keep my motor running for a while. ;) :D

That's a thought, my car's a diesel, if I need to i can use Veg oil. What's got to be done to it before I put it in the tank? Will it do any damage to my 03 Golf TDi? :)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

NIGELNIGLE wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

That's a thought, my car's a diesel, if I need to i can use Veg oil. What's got to be done to it before I put it in the tank? Will it do any damage to my 03 Golf TDi? :)

:o Seriously, i wouldn't try it,,,but a mate recons people were using veg oil to fuel their cars a few years ago. I recall the topic was also on the regional news as well.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 am

Isn't it used vegetable oil? Seen it on Top Gear years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFbsaNeZps

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:41 am

No doubt there's someone on here who uses it or knows of someone who uses it. good info might come in handy the way things are going. They'll be panic buying Veg oil next! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:01 pm

http://www.vegoilmotoring.com/eng/how-to-switch-to-svo :)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm

You can use it without doing anything to your car but it's definately not advisable and I wouldn't do it on pure oil, your supposed to mix it with diesal but if you do decide to do it, once this stupid panic is over i'd advise to change your fuel filter as it will clog up. I used to run a van on the oil/diesal mixture a year ago.