Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lack of signings in January !!!!!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 am

I am sure I have read on here that all the players and any new signings are owned/mortgaged to PMG with any future profits/sales of players going directly to PMG and not the club ?????

Is this true ????

Because if so, would explain a lack of signings in January and at the start of the season as when VT is trying to settle the debt with PMG more players on the playing staff would result in VT paying more money to PMG.........

If this is indeed the case and all debts get sorted this coming pre-season, can really see VT and his Billions really making us a force to be feared not only in the Championship but the Premier League for years to come ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Lack of signings in January !!!!!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:02 pm

I don't believe any of that to be correct sorry lol.

My understanding is Ray Ransons sports company get a percentage of any sales when a player is sold. However they don't have any mortgage on certain players ie they can't force a sale they just get some of the sale money until they are paid.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Any one else shine any light as to how much of the players the club actually own?
And who gets what if a player is sold ?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:49 pm

It's been emotional wrote:Any one else shine any light as to how much of the players the club actually own?
And who gets what if a player is sold ?

Are you having a laugh mate?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Laugh about what?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't believe any of that to be correct sorry lol.

My understanding is Ray Ransons sports company get a percentage of any sales when a player is sold. However they don't have any mortgage on certain players ie they can't force a sale they just get some of the sale money until they are paid.

How much did Ray Ranson loan to Ridsdale? Was it not about £3.5 million and that amount was mortgaged against the players. Icant see if being certain players but any player sold in the next how many years. I dont think Ronson would restrict the sales just ot whop were present when the deal was brokered.