Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rogers could be on his way to London maybe?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:05 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... knapp.html

:)

Re: Rogers could be on his way to London maybe?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 am

It was always going to happen. Whether thats right or not, he will be linked to top jobs because of what he's done down west. Not being funny or disrespectful to the jacks, but if you can get a smallish club like them beating and outpassing the so called big guns, you're bound to attract attention.
I suppose Swansea's real concern is how to replace him. :?:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:41 am

And guess who we're playing the weekend? If we were playing Chelsea he'd be linked to that job and so on.

he'll go one day obviously,but not yet.Unfinished business.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 am

just 'the sun' making a story as the Jacks are playing them,
he will go as he has done such a good job at Jacks, might well be this summer, but I think this has just been written bY London journo as jacks playing them this weekend.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:17 am

Off course one day he will go to bigger and better things,,but thers no chance this summer as he is building something here, why would he go???the team are playing great football,he has got the full support from the board,the new top academy he wants and been part of the planning is going forward,he loves swansea and allways makes any effort to advertise the city and allways respectfull to the fans and he is well respected by us,the club are is growing more then anyone ever thought it could and plans for the stadium to be increased to 30k plus are due to go in.
Why would he go at this time??with a few new faces over the summer who is to say how far we can go?this season we are going from strength to strength,the city is buzzing because of it,and next season we will hit the ground running.
Yes one day he will go but to go this summer???do you realy think so???

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:28 am

swansealad69 wrote:Off course one day he will go to bigger and better things,,but thers no chance this summer as he is building something here, why would he go???the team are playing great football,he has got the full support from the board,the new top academy he wants and been part of the planning is going forward,he loves swansea and allways makes any effort to advertise the city and allways respectfull to the fans and he is well respected by us,the club are is growing more then anyone ever thought it could and plans for the stadium to be increased to 30k plus are due to go in.
Why would he go at this time??with a few new faces over the summer who is to say how far we can go?this season we are going from strength to strength,the city is buzzing because of it,and next season we will hit the ground running.

It's the same as any job, money talks

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 am

Can you imagine the compensation we'd get if he was to go though :shock: Still rather him stay obviously but we'd be richly compensated should he decide to go.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 am

6 bysedd wrote:Can you imagine the compensation we'd get if he was to go though :shock: Still rather him stay obviously but we'd be richly compensated should he decide to go.

its replacing him though mate and what players he,d take with him.then its who replaces him .if the replacement wasn,t a footballing manager and was more of a hoofball merchant than it could go bozzeyed for you.to be fair there seems to be a link with decent football being played there for a number of years now so it might be the policy of the boardroom to play the game in the manner you do.i went to blues v swans was it 08/09 at blues.around christmas time?0.0 but you footballed us to death.was martinez in charge then?we got proper shown up that day and don,t forget we had players who had a lot more experience than you.i don,t think b.r will go yet nor in the summer.next year will be harder.it was interesting on sat just gone.everton, a team well established made provisions to play a certain way to combat you.says a lot really on how well you have done but don,t get too carried away.next season will be the test.i think you,ll pass it but it will be different to this season

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 am

apparently rodgers rates fahey at birmingham.he,d fit in a 3man midfield with ease.if any of your players get sold(and it will be hard to keep a few of them)it wouldn,t surprise me if he went for fahey.class act and if we don,t go up i could see it happening.if he went i wouldn,t blame him.the cavemen have slaughtered him at times this year.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:09 am

jtc wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:Can you imagine the compensation we'd get if he was to go though :shock: Still rather him stay obviously but we'd be richly compensated should he decide to go.

its replacing him though mate and what players he,d take with him.then its who replaces him .if the replacement wasn,t a footballing manager and was more of a hoofball merchant than it could go bozzeyed for you.to be fair there seems to be a link with decent football being played there for a number of years now so it might be the policy of the boardroom to play the game in the manner you do.i went to blues v swans was it 08/09 at blues.around christmas time?0.0 but you footballed us to death.was martinez in charge then?we got proper shown up that day and don,t forget we had players who had a lot more experience than you.i don,t think b.r will go yet nor in the summer.next year will be harder.it was interesting on sat just gone.everton, a team well established made provisions to play a certain way to combat you.says a lot really on how well you have done but don,t get too carried away.next season will be the test.i think you,ll pass it but it will be different to this season

Nice one.i'd prefer the manager than the money every time but we've got to be realistic as Brendans stock as gone through the roof.It's footballing clubs like spurs that will want him so we can never say never.I think there's only a handful of managers around who could continue the Swansea way,Rodgers,Martinez and Pep Guardiola :lol:Im sure there's more and im sure the club would find the next man to carry us forward,especially with a huge compensation war chest if BR does go.I remember that 0-0 at yours and yes it was Martinez in charge.I also remember you coming to ours and us being in front until Kevin Phillips came on and buried us,think it finished 3-2.It was also the game that finished Ferrie Bodde,effectively. :(

I never thought i'd say it up until recently and i'd get murdered for it if i said it in the wrong place but Martinez coming back to us might not be a bad thing :?

There i said it.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 am

6 bysedd wrote:
jtc wrote:

Nice one.i'd prefer the manager than the money every time but we've got to be realistic as Brendans stock as gone through the roof.It's footballing clubs like spurs that will want him so we can never say never.I think there's only a handful of managers around who could continue the Swansea way,Rodgers,Martinez and Pep Guardiola :lol:Im sure there's more and im sure the club would find the next man to carry us forward,especially with a huge compensation war chest if BR does go.I remember that 0-0 at yours and yes it was Martinez in charge.I also remember you coming to ours and us being in front until Kevin Phillips came on and buried us,think it finished 3-2.It was also the game that finished Ferrie Bodde,effectively. :(

I never thought i'd say it up until recently and i'd get murdered for it if i said it in the wrong place but Martinez coming back to us might not be a bad thing :?

There i said it.

im a football fan chris.i,d be blind if i couldn,t see the progress swfc have done.yes r.m could drop in to that style again.wigan play well mate.just they can,t finish.di canio?hughton?maybe .i think b.r will stay a bit.he is king at the lib.he won,t be able to go to bigger clubs and tell the moneymen to build training grounds etc.they might already have them though :) it would be of interest to see if your reserves /youth team play like the 1st team.that would indicate that its a long term policy so then if b.r went it would have to be a footballing manager otherwise the whole ethos would be destroyed.it seems a steady ship down w/wales.off to work now

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:43 am

swansealad69 wrote:Off course one day he will go to bigger and better things,,but thers no chance this summer as he is building something here, why would he go???the team are playing great football,he has got the full support from the board,the new top academy he wants and been part of the planning is going forward,he loves swansea and allways makes any effort to advertise the city and allways respectfull to the fans and he is well respected by us,the club are is growing more then anyone ever thought it could and plans for the stadium to be increased to 30k plus are due to go in.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
why would he go?!
Cos he's got a chance to manage tottenham hotspur and perhaps take a team into the champions league!

Oh but i forgot he's now manager of the mighty swansea!
You lot come on here and call us deluded and often i agree with that charge, but this post is as deluded as any i've ever read on here :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 am

Have i come on the right messageboard? :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:58 am

jtc wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
jtc wrote:

There i said it.

im a football fan chris.i,d be blind if i couldn,t see the progress swfc have done.yes r.m could drop in to that style again.wigan play well mate.just they can,t finish.di canio?hughton?maybe .i think b.r will stay a bit.he is king at the lib.he won,t be able to go to bigger clubs and tell the moneymen to build training grounds etc.they might already have them though :) it would be of interest to see if your reserves /youth team play like the 1st team.that would indicate that its a long term policy so then if b.r went it would have to be a footballing manager otherwise the whole ethos would be destroyed.it seems a steady ship down w/wales.off to work now

swfc :? what progress have sheff wed made. :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:02 am

The biggest delusion is that they'll get big bucks if Rogers decides he's going to up sticks! :shock:

I know that he's recently signed a new contract, but is he a top centre forward, or a goalscoring midfield player? No!

The fact of the matter is, that they'll be lucky to get £3 million for him, with it most likely being around the £2 million mark!

A decent sum of money yes, but not a huge amount in Pemier league terms!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:23 am

thehumblegringo wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
why would he go?!
Cos he's got a chance to manage tottenham hotspur and perhaps take a team into the champions league!

Oh but i forgot he's now manager of the mighty swansea!

just remember who started the thread..
If he goes we'll be more than compensated. Spurs will get a huge wedge from the FA and that will be reflected in any compensation that Swansea will get for Brendan,(he's just signed a 3 year contract).In answer to another comment, yes the kids in the development squad do play as the seniors and that continues all the way through the age range ,Where as Cardiff encourage kids to take the player on Swansea teach a more measured approach .

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 am

Shocking news coming from liberty !

Brendan rodgers leaving tomorrow morning to go to London , arriving white heart lane midday Sunday , FACT

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:34 am

Oh god it gets worse apparently several players are going with him , staying in London overnight then on to white hart lane , is this the end of the swans ? :o

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 am

waddle wrote:Oh god it gets worse apparently several players are going with him , staying in London overnight then on to white hart lane , is this the end of the swans ? :o

If it is, you'll be OK, because you'll be on here, Twaddle.

Gentle reminder: this is www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

P.S. Impressed by your sense of humour - keep it up!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Thought i was on a Birmingham or Jerks MSGB for a minute there just shows the quality of this MSGB :ayatollah: :D

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm

blueheaven wrote:Thought i was on a Birmingham or Jerks MSGB for a minute there just shows the quality of this MSGB :ayatollah: :D

I agree no quality at all :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:33 pm

What people shouldnt forget is Swansea were playing like that long before Rodgers came. They progressed every season and when he came the next step was promotion.

When he goes they will employ someone to continue it again. He is not the key cog as the media proclaim he is. We have seen them lay that football since Martinez, although the media didnt bother looking outside the Premier League.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:50 pm

CantonMagic wrote:What people shouldnt forget is Swansea were playing like that long before Rodgers came. They progressed every season and when he came the next step was promotion.

When he goes they will employ someone to continue it again. He is not the key cog as the media proclaim he is. We have seen them lay that football since Martinez, although the media didnt bother looking outside the Premier League.

That has to be the most intelligent post to date

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:What people shouldnt forget is Swansea were playing like that long before Rodgers came. They progressed every season and when he came the next step was promotion.

That has to be the most intelligent post to date

Agreed.He must be a Jack :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I think he will stay for a while because he know he will get caught out again if he makes the wrong move like Watford and reading.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
waddle wrote:Oh god it gets worse apparently several players are going with him , staying in London overnight then on to white hart lane , is this the end of the swans ? :o

If it is, you'll be OK, because you'll be on here, Twaddle.

Gentle reminder: this is http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

P.S. Impressed by your sense of humour - keep it up!

i've got to have my daily fix of cardiff makes me realise how lucky i am to support swansea , if i can make one bluebird smile in these your dark hours then i'm a happy man :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think he will stay for a while because he know he will get caught out again if he makes the wrong move like Watford and reading.

what did he do wrong at watford they were going nicely until he jumped ship , think you've got him mixed up with a different manager ;)

also if they had given him time at reading he probably would have done the bizz there as well the mans a genius

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:47 pm

waddle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think he will stay for a while because he know he will get caught out again if he makes the wrong move like Watford and reading.

what did he do wrong at watford they were going nicely until he jumped ship , think you've got him mixed up with a different manager ;)

also if they had given him time at reading he probably would have done the bizz there as well the mans a genius

Watford he did a decent job, the mistake was leaving them for reading where he showed his poor management.

Swansea was set up for him to succeed thanks to previous management, when he moved he will fail and he knows it.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:54 pm

when he moved he will fail and he knows it.[/quote]

what makes you say he will fail ? because i can't see anything that points to that

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:00 pm

I know for a fact that Brendan Rodgers will not be leaving the jacks this season