Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is the stadium very 'green'...?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:03 pm

I was travelling past the stadium today and on the radio was a debate about the countries energy needs and it got me thinking. Bearing in mind the stadium is new there doesn't seem to be much to yhelp cut down on its energy needs. For example, surely it would come as a financial benefit if the roof of the stadium was covered in solar panels and even a few 'small' wind turbines would come in handy given the location of the stadium.

Can anyone confirm if they've ever looked at this in the past..?

Re: Is the stadium very 'green'...?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Have you been puffing those funny fags tonight? :)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Have you been puffing those funny fags tonight? :)

Well if the club haven't looked at their energy costings then no wonder the debts have grown.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Angry Man wrote:I was travelling past the stadium today and on the radio was a debate about the countries energy needs and it got me thinking. Bearing in mind the stadium is new there doesn't seem to be much to yhelp cut down on its energy needs. For example, surely it would come as a financial benefit if the roof of the stadium was covered in solar panels and even a few 'small' wind turbines would come in handy given the location of the stadium.

if only there was a way to transfer the hot air you waffle into electricity.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Angry Man wrote:

Well if the club haven't looked at their energy costings then no wonder the debts have grown.

Thought this was the question you were asking, so how do you know that they haven't looked into it, or whether the costings have increased?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Thought this was the question you were asking, so how do you know that they haven't looked into it, or whether the costings have increased?

This is a question as Im sure someone would know if the club has looked into this or not. 'If' not then surely it should be at the top of their agenda if they want to make large savings on their energy costs.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:23 pm

The last time i checked, the grass was ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

This is a question as Im sure someone would know if the club has looked into this or not. 'If' not then surely it should be at the top of their agenda if they want to make large savings on their energy costs.

But you ask the question in one sentence and then assume that the club haven't looked into it, in your next sentence! :mrgreen:

Surely if you've got any concerns that the club may have missed a trick here, then you should contact the club and advise them of any way of saving money or generally helping the world, instead of just assuming things and posting it like it is 100 per cent accurate!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

But you ask the question in one sentence and then assume that the club haven't looked into it, in your next sentence! :mrgreen:

Surely if you've got any concerns that the club may have missed a trick here, then you should contact the club and advise them of any way of saving money or generally helping the world, instead of just assuming things and posting it like it is 100 per cent accurate!

Get back in your box little boy. There are plenty of people including board members on this messageboard which would know if the club have looked into this issue hense why I'm asking the question on this messageboard.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 pm

All planning applications are passed to the Environment Agency and they always give input to council before planning permission is approved.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:All planning applications are passed to the Environment Agency and they always give input to council before planning permission is approved.

They dont have to take on board any recommendations the Enviroment Agency or any other body put forward.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:52 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:All planning applications are passed to the Environment Agency and they always give input to council before planning permission is approved.

They dont have to take on board any recommendations the Enviroment Agency or any other body put forward.

Where did I say they did?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Get back in your box little boy. There are plenty of people including board members on this messageboard which would know if the club have looked into this issue hense why I'm asking the question on this messageboard.

So why didn't you just ask the question and show your ignorance then, instead of making out that you know that they haven't looked into it?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:08 am

last time I was there it was ''blue and white''
goodnight :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:09 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

So why bring that point up then..?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:11 am

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

It seemed to have as much relevance as your initial post.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:20 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

It seemed to have as much relevance as your initial post.

No relevance at all because they only advise that new builds should take certain steps towards going green. Whether or not the club took the advise onboard is another thing. Remember they couldn't even be bothered to pay for a statue of the clubs most famous moment outside the ground. Also another thing energy prices has increased constantly since the building of the ground so maybe they should revisit this issue for future savings.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:33 am

Angry Man wrote:I was travelling past the stadium today and on the radio was a debate about the countries energy needs and it got me thinking. Bearing in mind the stadium is new there doesn't seem to be much to yhelp cut down on its energy needs. For example, surely it would come as a financial benefit if the roof of the stadium was covered in solar panels and even a few 'small' wind turbines would come in handy given the location of the stadium.

Ask them or provide suggestions.

club@cardiffcityfc.co.uk

0845 365 1115

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 am

I believe most fans don't give a f**k.

The money men at the club will be getting the best deal, as the Malaysians will have made sure they are.

Strange thread though?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:46 pm

I have a better idea !! We can use the police control room to build a small Nuclear reactor. Now I don't mind looking after it and it would be a million times better than some proxy stupid wind turbines. :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Clash wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Clash wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:52 am

You really will try and argue about anything against the club wont you? :lol:

How many stadiums in the UK or even EU are "Green"? If the answer is over 75% of them then we should be looking into it otherwise no point as its spending more money for the sake of spending.....Besides, you point about Solar Pannels would never work!!! Wales doesn't get any sunshine ;) :lol:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:35 am

Angry man, FFS! Have you contacted the message boards of any of the other 91 football league teams? This is something that is not limited to Cardiff City FC! You seem to always want to find silly ways to point fingers at our club, no matter how small & stupid the issue?

I suppose the next topic for you to moan about will be converting all the office bulbs to Eco friendly low wattage led types?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:31 am

LWay wrote:

You really will try and argue about anything against the club wont you? :lol:

How many stadiums in the UK or even EU are "Green"? If the answer is over 75% of them then we should be looking into it otherwise no point as its spending more money for the sake of spending.....Besides, you point about Solar Pannels would never work!!! Wales doesn't get any sunshine ;) :lol:

You dont need sunshine to get solar energy out of the panels and its not having a dig at the club its about wondering whther they have considered this option or not. Also to be frank I couldn't give a shit about other stadiums and other clubs and Im sure that if it saved the club a few hundred thousand per year then I bet you wouldn't be complaining if that saving went on players!!!!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

The club have looked into it, The reason I know is during the German trip when they were comparing the lighting rigs, I brought up the same question regarding solar panels, and our club and the German club had looked into it, but it was a no goer for a number of technical and health and safety reasons, but it at least shows they are looking at all options.

If it was that simple and effective, don't you think some of the top clubs in the world would have set it up by now. :roll:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:11 am

Surely it's not just a question of if the Stadium is "Green", be it a little or very whatever that means. Green when used in terms of the energy efficiency of a building is a term used by politicians who have varying levels of understanding of what exactly constitutes energy efficiency.

When the question is then used to question the level of debt at the club is clearly absurd. The question is has the club benefitted financially from the move from Ninian Park to the new stadium, when all aspects of energy consumption is taken into consideration. I know the club has worked closely with the Carbon Trust, as have the Liberty Stadium, and the move has benefited the club greatly in reducing energy consuption and cost. Are there still opportunities to improve, absolutely, which is why the club has an ongoing project in association with the Carbon Trust to develop improvements under the governments "Green Deal".

It may interest the author of this thread that the Carbon Trust use both the CCS and the Liberty to hold seminars to help show business in South Wales what can be achieved in terms of energy efficiency. All that without a solar panel or wind turbine in sight, can't be bad can it. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 am

Merlin wrote:Angry man, FFS! Have you contacted the message boards of any of the other 91 football league teams? This is something that is not limited to Cardiff City FC! You seem to always want to find silly ways to point fingers at our club, no matter how small & stupid the issue?

I suppose the next topic for you to moan about will be converting all the office bulbs to Eco friendly low wattage led types?

Can the mods not keep track of this arsehole and block him everytime? he will soon get bored of posting irrelevant shyt and trying to belittle the club we all worship!

Is there any wonder our country is in the shyt when we have morons like Angry Man/MG involved.

Thought u were leaving? :roll: please do us all a favour and piss off west and suck off a jerk!!! :evil: :evil:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:06 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The club have looked into it, The reason I know is during the German trip when they were comparing the lighting rigs, I brought up the same question regarding solar panels, and our club and the German club had looked into it, but it was a no goer for a number of technical and health and safety reasons, but it at least shows they are looking at all options.

If it was that simple and effective, don't you think some of the top clubs in the world would have set it up by now. :roll:

Thanks Gwyn thats all I was asking for. Interesting that health and saftey issues would come up mind.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Once a Blue Always a Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Angry man, FFS! Have you contacted the message boards of any of the other 91 football league teams? This is something that is not limited to Cardiff City FC! You seem to always want to find silly ways to point fingers at our club, no matter how small & stupid the issue?

Can the mods not keep track of this arsehole and block him everytime? he will soon get bored of posting irrelevant shyt and trying to belittle the club we all worship!

Is there any wonder our country is in the shyt when we have morons like Angry Man/MG involved.

Thought u were leaving? :roll: please do us all a favour and piss off west and suck off a jerk!!! :evil: :evil:

If people like myself didn't ask questions like this then how would you know what the facts are..? The problem on this board is that everyone thinks the sun shines out of the arse of whoever is in control of the club because they tend to be good at PR yet previous experience would tell otherwise.