Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Promotion and the 'Full Takeover'

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Would promotion this season make it more difficult for the Malaysians to take full control of the club? Is the club staying in the Championship the cheapest and easiest option for them to sort everything out?

Re: Promotion and the 'Full Takeover'

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:34 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Would promotion this season make it more difficult for the Malaysians to take full control of the club? Is the club staying in the Championship the cheapest and easiest option for them to sort everything out?

If an agreement is in place then it will not make an iota.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Would promotion this season make it more difficult for the Malaysians to take full control of the club? Is the club staying in the Championship the cheapest and easiest option for them to sort everything out?

It was implied in the update that they were planning on having an agreement in place in the Summer - meaning all parties would know where we had finished by that time.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Adam, This Summer is going to very very interesting and hopefully a great one for Cardiff City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Sounds promising :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Money won't guarantee anything though on the playing field - Leicester.

If we can pay people off, turn the debt into shares and keep a tight ship then amazing :ayatollah:

I doubt tan will want to be out spend by qpr when they come down though ;)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:01 pm

I am a conspiracy theorist.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:59 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

It was implied in the update that they were planning on having an agreement in place in the Summer - meaning all parties would know where we had finished by that time.

True but they have obviously been talking and are close to the finish line of an agreement. I would say from that the possible of usbeing promoted or not will not effect the outcome. If going up was a main factor the I doubt they would be anywhere near an agreement.