Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THURSDAY MARCH 29th 2012 UPDATE "

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:40 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
since62 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:As you all know I am one of those doubters and will continue to be so until I see different.

However just a couple of points, firstly I will wait until everything is confirmed before really taking this issue seriously and a second point which maybe Keith could help on is that if the Malaysians did come to an agreement with two creditors of the club theres nothing saying that the monies which was outstanding would just be owed to the Malaysians instead with a possible larger interest rate. Or am I missing something..?

Just got back in to pick up on this thread again.

Could just be a transfer of debt , but more likely to be a further share issue , to the Malaysians and/or any new major investor brought in by Mehmet Dalman.

In interest rate terms , both the Malaysians and Langston have been charging (but not getting paid) interest at 7% p.a , PMG at 5% over base rate and S Borley and M Isaac at 3% over base rate in recent years.

Thanks for that info Keith. Whilst you say that it would be more likely a share issue would you agree with me that my theory isn't 'pie in the sky' as others would want to believe on here.

Don't think anybody has said your theories are pie in the sky, just that there are just as many positive permutations, as your chosen negative views and conspiracy theories!

Whst it's your right to think this way, most people on here prefer to think of the positive option!

Is that the same positive option they took when Ridsdale and others before him give out all the wrong messages..? Football is a business these days and in business not everything is as clear as some may want to think it is.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:46 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Do you accept that anybody has been paid then? :)

HMRC and our shirt suppliers etc! :idea:

Stop trying to twist my words. You were wrong on the Langstone debt currently being paid and whilst I agree that other debts like HMRC are been serviced not 'all' other creditors are being paid.

Can't see where I've twisted your words councillor, but you haven't answered my question as to how do you know we're not paying Langston?

HMRC and Smaller creditors seem to be getting paid and the club are trying to negotiate our other bigger debts downwards!

This makes complete business sense to me again!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:01 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Stop trying to twist my words. You were wrong on the Langstone debt currently being paid and whilst I agree that other debts like HMRC are been serviced not 'all' other creditors are being paid.

Can't see where I've twisted your words councillor, but you haven't answered my question as to how do you know we're not paying Langston?

HMRC and Smaller creditors seem to be getting paid and the club are trying to negotiate our other bigger debts downwards!

It has been mentioned on here a number of times and even 2blue mentioned it within the conversation so do keep up. Also I will say this again, indiviuals buying a debt at a smaller rate doesn't automatically mean that the debt against the club is any lower. Why do you think theres so many debt collectors around these days..? It because they buy debt cheaply but still go after the debtor for the full amount owed plus interest. So its the same theory here just on a much larger scale.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

It has been mentioned on here a number of times and even 2blue mentioned it within the conversation so do keep up. Also I will say this again, indiviuals buying a debt at a smaller rate doesn't automatically mean that the debt against the club is any lower. Why do you think theres so many debt collectors around these days..? It because they buy debt cheaply but still go after the debtor for the full amount owed plus interest. So its the same theory here just on a much larger scale.

I'm fully kept up thanks and as it has also been mentioned on here many other times, that the monthly payments have been paid to Langston, why have you opted for the non payment version?
You also wasted your time typing the latter part of your post, as I'm quite up on debts being bought and accrued, but I still wonder why you keep posting your conspiracy theories, with very little evidence to back them up! :?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:15 am

If they can sort out the massive debt that they inherited at the City, it will surely give the club a massive boost so that we can compete in the transfere market, didn't PMG take shares in the club so we could off load some of the debt? some of the people on here are to quick to point the finger of blame without knowing the facts, what I say is put you self in theyre position, these are bussiness people who are in it to make money not to make a loss, otherwise we would still be back at Ninian Park with no future, all the people who delivered the new stadium are a big part in the future of our football club, and that includes SH, PR, DJ, PMG and now finally the Malasians, lets not forget there was no intrest in the club from people within Wales, and without the Malasian investment God only knows where we would be.

They without a doubt are doing it the correct way getting us on a sound financial footing, gone are the days when you throw money at it, take a look at where the jacks are, they have broken the template and remade it, you don't have to spend millions to get to the prem, what you need is a good manager who knows the game and the players that he wants, I hope in Malky he is the one to take us there, having heard him speak in Maesteg he has a good knowledge of the modern game along with sports science and a good backroom staff, all he needs now is to get the players that can play football and a large enough squad to see out a demanding season in the championship. :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:34 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Who's a Councillor...? Where have I been raist in my comments..? and they haven't been honouring the clubs historic debts because as it stands Langston haven't been paid a penny.

Point 1. Deny the councillor bit as much as you want, but you were the cause of a thread being deleted last week, as you made racist remarks!

Point 2. They have been honouring historic debts, as they have paid up many local businesses that weren't expecting to get their money and correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Malaysians been paying around £80,000 to £90,000 per month to Langston? The fact that they are doing this and continuing with their negotiations with Sam in the meantime, makes complete sense to me and makes them totally honourable IMO!

I will correct you because they have fallen back on a previous agreement with Langston and no payment has ever been made. Because of that the only reasons why they are negotiating with Sam again is because he could take them back to the high court due to payments not being made.

A) if you really believe that you are duller than i thought
B) this pretending not to be adam brown lark is quite frankly cringeworthy! You are an embarrassment to yourself and i cant believe you have actually represented a constituency! :?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am

thehumblegringo wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Who's a Councillor...? Where have I been raist in my comments..? and they haven't been honouring the clubs historic debts because as it stands Langston haven't been paid a penny.

Point 1. Deny the councillor bit as much as you want, but you were the cause of a thread being deleted last week, as you made racist remarks!

Point 2. They have been honouring historic debts, as they have paid up many local businesses that weren't expecting to get their money and correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Malaysians been paying around £80,000 to £90,000 per month to Langston? The fact that they are doing this and continuing with their negotiations with Sam in the meantime, makes complete sense to me and makes them totally honourable IMO!

I will correct you because they have fallen back on a previous agreement with Langston and no payment has ever been made. Because of that the only reasons why they are negotiating with Sam again is because he could take them back to the high court due to payments not being made.

A) if you really believe that you are duller than i thought
B) this pretending not to be adam brown lark is quite frankly cringeworthy! You are an embarrassment to yourself and i cant believe you have actually represented a constituency! :?

The man's a joke! He comes on the message board late when there's not many people on here to respond to his boring and depressing opinions, which he tries to dress up as facts! :x

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 am

If they can rid £20million's worth of debt for £10million, surely a £10million debt + interest is better than the original £20million debt + interest.

It's still debt but at a lower level. Hopefully it does get turned to shares when they decide to take over fully, but in the meantime the consolidation also reduces the amount owed.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:As well as settling the Langston loan note this summer it is also the intention of the club to settle in full the outstanding debt to PMG.

anyone who had hopes of a return to the club for Sam Hammam will be left disappointed.

Hope springs eternal :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Its the confidentiality things that is telling me most.

I would say from that:

1. The Malaysians don't want to go to court.

2. PMG and Sam have done well out of this.

Trust me if the forensic accounts had come up with anything then there would be no confidentiality agreement.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Was it our club that asked for confidential agreement or Sam/Langston?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Its the confidentiality things that is telling me most.

I would say from that:

1. The Malaysians don't want to go to court.

2. PMG and Sam have done well out of this.

Trust me if the forensic accounts had come up with anything then there would be no confidentiality agreement.

Having a confidentiality agreement says or even suggests no such thing.

It is to try and ensure that the parties to the agreement don`t go advertising its contents before (and sometimes after) its finalisation. For instance , the club may be concerned that Sam will (again?) use a messageboard to give a misleading view of what the deal is that has been struck. Remember the recent claims of the money being due now , he was going to sue imminently , he was owed over £30m , he was in friendly talks at his house with VT etc? All officially denied by the club whose stance has also been supported by its independent external auditors.

How well or how badly the club , PMG and Sam have done out of any deal to be struck this Summer will probably only formally come to light when the 2012/13 annual accounts are published sometime before the Spring of 2014.

If it came to a court case , I would back the Malaysians against Sam any day of the week.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

In my very first conversation with TG he said that they, "were in for the long haul." I have never doubted their intentions to honour this statement.

StT.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm

We lost a play-off final to Blackpool, They came in and invested AFTER that. Says it all really - most potential investors would have vanished.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Merlin wrote:We lost a play-off final to Blackpool, They came in and invested AFTER that. Says it all really - most potential investors would have vanished.

Craig, they had invested before the play off final v Blackpool and got shares in return.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:We lost a play-off final to Blackpool, They came in and invested AFTER that. Says it all really - most potential investors would have vanished.

Craig, they had invested before the play off final v Blackpool and got shares in return.

I understand that may be so mate, but they still could have retained their shares without investing further - They kept on pouring money into the pot so to speak, to me it seems they see something in Cardiff, this update and news speaks volumes, so for me - I will remain positive, until somebody can provide evidence of otherwise. This Angry Man on here, whoever he may be!! seems to only have one agenda, and doesn't view things from the other side of the road, only from where he's standing.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I understand that may be so mate, but they still could have retained their shares without investing further - They kept on pouring money into the pot so to speak, to me it seems they see something in Cardiff, this update and news speaks volumes, so for me - I will remain positive, until somebody can provide evidence of otherwise. This Angry Man on here, whoever he may be!! seems to only have one agenda, and doesn't view things from the other side of the road, only from where he's standing.

Craig, its called chasing your money.
Angry Man is Adam(Midfield General).

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, Tan could have wrote that money off like i would write of a fiver. The small investment he put in up to the Blackpool game was peanuts for a billionaire.
I dont know why he chose to invest in us, or why he continues to invest in us, but he obviously views us as an opportunity and that makes me happy :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:26 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, Tan could have wrote that money off like i would write of a fiver. The small investment he put in up to the Blackpool game was peanuts for a billionaire.
I dont know why he chose to invest in us, or why he continues to invest in us, but he obviously views us as an opportunity and that makes me happy :ayatollah:

If its good for Cardiff City, then I am more than happy. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:11 pm

isnt it pretty obvious why? how much would a cheap premier league club cost? 80, 100 mill £?
how much has VT put in thus far? 30? if he gets us up in the next 2 0r 3 yrs surely he has an amazing investment with a ground that can hold 35,000. n0t like its a small 20k stadium we dont own either. bargain. not too mention interest in asia. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Adam brown (MG)(Angry man) says how it is, you lot will wake up sooner or later but im afraid it might be to late by then. I could add loads to this thread but the posters with there regular guide dogs will never listen :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Adam brown (MG)(Angry man) says how it is, you lot will wake up sooner or later but im afraid it might be to late by then :ayatollah:

Don't worry my eyes are wide open, I promise you. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:05 pm

goats wrote:isnt it pretty obvious why? how much would a cheap premier league club cost? 80, 100 mill £?
how much has VT put in thus far? 30? if he gets us up in the next 2 0r 3 yrs surely he has an amazing investment with a ground that can hold 35,000. n0t like its a small 20k stadium we dont own either. bargain. not too mention interest in asia. :ayatollah:

We do not even own the stadium AT ALL :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Adam brown (MG)(Angry man) says how it is, you lot will wake up sooner or later but im afraid it might be to late by then. I could add loads to this thread but the posters with there regular guide dogs will never listen

Don't worry my eyes are wide open, I promise you. :ayatollah:

I know that annis your in the loop but only say half of what you know for your own reasons. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:32 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Adam brown (MG)(Angry man) says how it is, you lot will wake up sooner or later but im afraid it might be to late by then. I could add loads to this thread but the posters with there regular guide dogs will never listen :ayatollah:

If you've said your piece - have a one track opinion and can't be bothered posting anymore why do you bother hanging around this forum. That is not a piss take question Im being serious?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:33 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
goats wrote:isnt it pretty obvious why? how much would a cheap premier league club cost? 80, 100 mill £?

Pardon!

The stadium is run by Cardiff City Stadium Ltd which is wholly owned by Cardiff City Holdings Ltd which IS the football club.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Very interesting. Hope things off the pitch get sorted, so that thing on the pitch can move on!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pardon!

The stadium is run by Cardiff City Stadium Ltd which is wholly owned by Cardiff City Holdings Ltd which IS the football club.

Still we do not own it as its being payed for :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:38 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pardon!

I will go as far as saying its (supposed) to be being payed for hows that :shock:

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:38 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pardon!

So when insurances companies ask if I'm a home owner I'm suppose to say no! HSBC own my house and I rent it! :lol: