Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THURSDAY MARCH 29th 2012 UPDATE "

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:As you will have read on this forum last week, there was a board meeting to discuss the finances of the club last week and both Vincent Tan and TG were part of that meeting.

I have learned today that further to that meeting negotiations are at an advanced stage with Langston and it is the intention of the Malaysians to have an agreement reached and settled this coming summer.

Sam Hammam, the representative of Langston, has held meetings with Vincent Tan and TG in the last week and has signed a confidentiality agreement as part of the most recent negotiations.

I must point out at this stage that any information I have received regarding these meetings and any agreements have not come from Sam Hammam.

As well as settling the Langston loan note this summer it is also the intention of the club to settle in full the outstanding debt to PMG.

I have used the word 'intention' above for the simple reason that it may not happen as the deals have yet to be finalised but they are at a very advanced stage and they have a very positive outlook for the club.

As well as attending our home game against Coventry, Vincent Tan flew in on his private jet to be at St Andrews on Sunday and also continue negotiations.

This summer will see massive change to the finances at Cardiff City Football Club and the structure of our club and also the board and anyone believing the Malaysians are ready to jump ship or are not here for the long haul had better get used to the idea of them being around for some time yet, money will be invested this summer and anyone who had hopes of a return to the club for Sam Hammam will be left disappointed.

Season ticket sales are going very well and the club expect to reach the 15,000 mark by close of play on Friday 30th March which would put the sales just 500 behind where they were this time last season.

Middlesbrough tickets are also selling better than expected with an expected away turnout of anything up to 1000 heading North, anyone looking to travel with the forum members can book on here http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 7&start=30 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great news on the dept frunt, seems like its gettin sorted then.. Fingers crossed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 pm

excellent news,the doubters will have to dig some other shit up about our owners now!cheers carl :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:So a full takeover on the cards then. Sounds good :)

Craig, it's expected to happen within weeks of this season finishing.

So with the Malaysians looking at taking over and in it for the long haul, are you glad to be proved wrong Annis?

Proved wrong about what Craig ?

You were convinced the Malaysians were ready to jump ship? No money to be made here? Not bothered about CCFC? Etc etc

I am more than happy to be proved wrong that they are in it for the long haul, if its good for our Club, like I always said, I am was also happy if it was finally settled with Langston as long as Cardiff City interests came first and have always said my Club comes first, look at any previous posts. I am not a big fan of theirs, but if they prove good for our club, I will more than be happy to say I was totally wrong.

Craig, I WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT CARDIFF CITY NO MATTER WHO IS THE OWNER or MANAGER. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis - it wasn't a dig mate, I was just pointing out that things change quickly in football, there were lots of doubters about over the last year, I understand you will always support city no matter what, that's the same for 99% of us to be honest. But if what Carl says here is true, then we've no business to be worrying about the commitment of TG & Tan. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm

boxerbob wrote:excellent news,the doubters will have to dig some other shit up about our owners now!cheers carl :ayatollah:

Plenty more out there about Vincent Tan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 pm

This is fantastic news but let's not get too carried away until it actually happens. A lot could happen yet to scupper any deals. Don't expect huge investment on players in the summer if they are going to settle with both PMG and Sam (oops I mean Langston).

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
boxerbob wrote:excellent news,the doubters will have to dig some other shit up about our owners now!cheers carl :ayatollah:

Plenty more out there about Vincent Tan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What willour resident jacks make of such an event, I mean down there we are anywhere between 50 and 75 million in debt arent we?? The swanseatwist on this will be funny I am sure. It's there favourite subject so what willthey do if we have no debt??? :o

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks Carl, great update. I know nothing is agreed until it is signed but this sounds very promising indeed. Glad I've got my season ticket already bought for next year.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Good idea that they're working up to around 70/80% ownership then IF we reach the Premier League in the coming years and stay up they'll sell it for big bucks! (my opinion)

I wouldn't blame them at the end of the day...they're not FANS they're BUSINESSMEN!

I love the Malaysians (no homo) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Great news and will be a huge boost for the club moving forward.

Pre season in Malaysia? Sell the Cardiff City brand over there?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Good news more or less been on the cards for a long time this hasn't it.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, I think we could be just about to hit form at the right time for once and go into the playoffs as the form team.

Next year will be really interesting again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:As you will have read on this forum last week, there was a board meeting to discuss the finances of the club last week and both Vincent Tan and TG were part of that meeting.

I have learned today that further to that meeting negotiations are at an advanced stage with Langston and it is the intention of the Malaysians to have an agreement reached and settled this coming summer.

Sam Hammam, the representative of Langston, has held meetings with Vincent Tan and TG in the last week and has signed a confidentiality agreement as part of the most recent negotiations.

I must point out at this stage that any information I have received regarding these meetings and any agreements have not come from Sam Hammam.

As well as settling the Langston loan note this summer it is also the intention of the club to settle in full the outstanding debt to PMG.

I have used the word 'intention' above for the simple reason that it may not happen as the deals have yet to be finalised but they are at a very advanced stage and they have a very positive outlook for the club.

As well as attending our home game against Coventry, Vincent Tan flew in on his private jet to be at St Andrews on Sunday and also continue negotiations.

This summer will see massive change to the finances at Cardiff City Football Club and the structure of our club and also the board and anyone believing the Malaysians are ready to jump ship or are not here for the long haul had better get used to the idea of them being around for some time yet, money will be invested this summer and anyone who had hopes of a return to the club for Sam Hammam will be left disappointed.

Season ticket sales are going very well and the club expect to reach the 15,000 mark by close of play on Friday 30th March which would put the sales just 500 behind where they were this time last season.

Middlesbrough tickets are also selling better than expected with an expected away turnout of anything up to 1000 heading North, anyone looking to travel with the forum members can book on here http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 7&start=30 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If this debt settlement actually takes place (and I have always said that the Langston one will be settled for far less than Sam and some others were claiming - the Summer should show us if you are correct on the timings) then you are quire right that it could transform the group balance sheet at the club.

If Langston is settled for (lets say) £10m as effectively final "go away" money then this will take out over £17m of debt from the balance sheet (£18m of debt plus £9m of naming rights accrued for, less the £10m). And the deal could perhaps result in an even better settlement. And settling PMG now rather than next year when the balance of their debt is due might also enable a discount on the amount payable , plus the return of the debt to equity swop of nearly £3m which the club failed to complete last year. Between two such deals , that would improve the debt position by about £20m.

I am glad Sam has been made subject to a confidentiality agreement - lets hope he can control himself and stick to it . :) I note your confirmation that on this occasion the source of your information on confidential documents is not Sam.

The board changes you refer to I presume include Paul Guy and Mike Hall leaving following any final settlement with PMG and a more active role for Mehmet Dalman to carry on from his current investment broker role ? Are you able to confirm that , despite rumours to the contrary on here and elsewhere , he has never been Langston or Sam`s "man" in these negotiations and has no prior business link with those parties?.

As you know I will not be one of those to be disappointed that there will be no hope of Sam having a future role at the club. Not from any personal gripe against him but because his time has now long gone and he simply has nothing beneficial to offer the club moving forward.

The underlying annual trading losses of the club will still have to be addressed , although the interest savings on any debts settled will help a bit.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Forgot to ask in my earlier reply.

Are you now of the opinion that £9m was introduced by PMG (the balance of which it is now intended to settle) rather than Principality B.S?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Bluebina wrote:Good news more or less been on the cards for a long time this hasn't it.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, I think we could be just about to hit form at the right time for once and go into the playoffs as the form team.

I think so, the maladyians have come in with a plan and are strong enough to keep to it :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Goodshoes wrote:Great news and will be a huge boost for the club moving forward.

Pre season in Malaysia? Sell the Cardiff City brand over there?

I like it. They love us over there as it is, but if we hold 1 or 2 open training sessions and a few matches, the support and merchendise sales will skyrocket. And if we're really on a mission do a little mini-tour of Singapore. It neighbours Malaysia so why not.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Bluebina wrote:Good news more or less been on the cards for a long time this hasn't it.

I meant to add Malky could use this information to motivate the team for the final push for the playoff, what better incentive than this club is about to move for 50 million debt or whatever it is to being solvent and owned by Billionaires :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Oooh a Malaysian love in I see.
How some fickle fans can change!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm

sounds great news if true and all comes to fruition!!!! Bye bye Sam hello hero Tan!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 pm

great update Carl and fantastic news, it's about time that we'll be able to ride a steady ship and keep all our doubters at bay.
Thank you Carl for such fab news.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 pm

As you all know I am one of those doubters and will continue to be so until I see different.

However just a couple of points, firstly I will wait until everything is confirmed before really taking this issue seriously and a second point which maybe Keith could help on is that if the Malaysians did come to an agreement with two creditors of the club theres nothing saying that the monies which was outstanding would just be owed to the Malaysians instead with a possible larger interest rate. Or am I missing something..?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Angry Man wrote:As you all know I am one of those doubters and will continue to be so until I see different.

However just a couple of points, firstly I will wait until everything is confirmed before really taking this issue seriously and a second point which maybe Keith could help on is that if the Malaysians did come to an agreement with two creditors of the club theres nothing saying that the monies which was outstanding would just be owed to the Malaysians instead with a possible larger interest rate. Or am I missing something..?

That would be a great idea wouldn't it, considering we currently lose money how would Ccfc be able to pay them back any money nevemind huge interest which you have just made up :lol:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:As you all know I am one of those doubters and will continue to be so until I see different.

That would be a great idea wouldn't it, considering we currently lose money how would Ccfc be able to pay them back any money nevemind huge interest which you have just made up :lol:

I'm sorry but correct me if Im wrong but aren't we paying a large interest rate to the Malaysians already..?
Last edited by Angry Man on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 pm

even though there is nothing in black n white yet, the mere fact that they are talking to resolve the debt is POSITIVE news!!

you are missing something ....... 1 of these +

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

even though there is nothing in black n white yet, the mere fact that they are talking to resolve the debt is POSITIVE news!!

You may call irt resolving the debt but others could call it transferring the debt to a different creditor

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I'm sorry but correct me if Im wrong but aren't we paying a large interest rate to the Malaysians already..?

Are we "paying" it? Or is it being charged?
Any sensible business man would put interest on a loan wouldn't they?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Angry Man wrote:

You may call irt resolving the debt but others could call it transferring the debt to a different creditor

i dont see how they would do this.... especially if they were to increase their stake in the club...

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Yep, is the debt now owed to the Malaysians? I would imagine so. If so how are they going to get their money back?

Something tell me a new chapter is about to start that will be exciting but worrying because none of know what will be going on.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Are we "paying" it? Or is it being charged?
Any sensible business man would put interest on a loan wouldn't they?

So you've answered my point. Whoever the creditor is then the money will still be outstanding and the Malaysians are already charging the club interest which I would assume that the club is paying otherwise its another debt building up

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Angry Man wrote:

i dont see how they would do this.... especially if they were to increase their stake in the club...

Debt consolation some would call it. Just marge all the debts to one creditor and the interest becomes more than ever. Check out the daytime TV adverts during Loose Women for more on the subject :lol:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Yep, is the debt now owed to the Malaysians? I would imagine so. If so how are they going to get their money back?

Something tell me a new chapter is about to start that will be exciting but worrying because none of know what will be going on.

They get more than they money back because they will be charging a higher interest rateb than what the club are facing at the moment.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm

So we should stop loaning money and go bust?
I though u wanted more players?

How does Tan get money back from a business losing mass amounts of money again?