Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THURSDAY MARCH 29th 2012 UPDATE "

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 pm

As you will have read on this forum last week, there was a board meeting to discuss the finances of the club last week and both Vincent Tan and TG were part of that meeting.

I have learned today that further to that meeting negotiations are at an advanced stage with Langston and it is the intention of the Malaysians to have an agreement reached and settled this coming summer.

Sam Hammam, the representative of Langston, has held meetings with Vincent Tan and TG in the last week and has signed a confidentiality agreement as part of the most recent negotiations.

I must point out at this stage that any information I have received regarding these meetings and any agreements have not come from Sam Hammam.

As well as settling the Langston loan note this summer it is also the intention of the club to settle in full the outstanding debt to PMG.

I have used the word 'intention' above for the simple reason that it may not happen as the deals have yet to be finalised but they are at a very advanced stage and they have a very positive outlook for the club.

As well as attending our home game against Coventry, Vincent Tan flew in on his private jet to be at St Andrews on Sunday and also continue negotiations.

This summer will see massive change to the finances at Cardiff City Football Club and the structure of our club and also the board and anyone believing the Malaysians are ready to jump ship or are not here for the long haul had better get used to the idea of them being around for some time yet, money will be invested this summer and anyone who had hopes of a return to the club for Sam Hammam will be left disappointed.

Season ticket sales are going very well and the club expect to reach the 15,000 mark by close of play on Friday 30th March which would put the sales just 500 behind where they were this time last season.

Middlesbrough tickets are also selling better than expected with an expected away turnout of anything up to 1000 heading North, anyone looking to travel with the forum members can book on here http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... 7&start=30 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " THURSDAY MARCH 29th 2012 UPDATE "

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 pm

So a full takeover on the cards then. Sounds good :)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Good news Carl. Lets hope the debts are sorted (far better to have 1 creditor in the Malaysians) than the 3 we have (Malaysian, Langston, PMG).

Hopefully the squad investment will be for premier league....

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Feel so happy reading that.
I can see us pulling in an all-star signing this summer, which will in turn massively boost attendances and shirt sales etc..
So as soon as the Langston and PMG debts are sorted we'll be virtually our own club. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:03 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:So a full takeover on the cards then. Sounds good :)

Craig, it's expected to happen within weeks of this season finishing.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Cheers Carl, Lets say goodbye to pmg once and for all for the good of our club.
Positive news regarding the malaysians who will be majority shareholders at last :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Craig, its expected to happen within weeks of this season finishing.

Whats your opinion on this news Annis? Will our cypriot director stay on?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Did say on my Spoiler it would be Tans take over and Langston settlement.

Carl I'm guessing we ain't getting Messi or Leo on loan then :?:

Thanks for the update again . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

@ Carl, fantastic news hope it all comes off

@Annis what f'ing part of this update is 'mini' :lol:

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Gareth Mehmet Dalman will stay on.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:06 pm

They ain't billionaires for no reason :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gavlar wrote:@ Carl, fantastic news hope it all comes off

@Annis what f'ing part of this update is 'mini' :lol:

:lol:

It keeps the Snipers at bay, by saying mini. :lol: :ayatollah:

Thanks Carl and at long long last the finances of CCFC seem to be taking shape , altho I would still follow City if they were on their arses with no money in the Conference ! Get the off the pitch stuff sorted then let Malky do the business on it and maybe in 2 or 3 seasons time we will be a regular Premier League team ? Pay off Sam and PMG before we hit the dizzy heights of the Premier League and all the cash that comes with it , anything else that happens in between would be a bonus :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:07 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Gareth Mehmet Dalman will stay on.

Good news.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:07 pm

should keep the malaysian haters at bay for a couple of hours :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:08 pm

I suspect Guy and his parasitic cronies are lingering for our fate, premier league football equates to far more for them to gain. Championship football may mean them digging in to their pockets. No lose situation for us as a club really as we gain on both fronts.

Carl
I think if it happens is great news for the club and the fans. Given the debts are cleared we all hope Malky will be allowed to improve the squad not only in numbers but in ability as well.

This news also highlights why Malky has not brought in the signings or loans as he is going to clear out the playing staff and build his own team. If we can gain promotion this season debts cleared new Premiership squad what a time to be a Bluebird fan.

You all need to get down the club tomorrow and get your season ticket.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:

So with the Malaysians looking at taking over and in it for the long haul, are you glad to be proved wrong Annis?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:09 pm

great news carl what we all wanted, get rid of the debtors, shame it took so long and they sold off all our future.

one question i do have tho, and sorry if it sounds negative

Season ticket sales are going very well and the club expect to reach the 15,000 mark by close of play on Friday 30th March which would put the sales just 500 behind where they were this time last season.

out of that 15k how many are on zebra finance, that will pull out simply because they only signed up for a final ticket.

has the first payment been taken ?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Excellent post Carl :ayatollah: Some good info in there and enough for us lot to feel upbeat about our future. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Pay off Sam and PMG before we hit the dizzy heights of the Premier League and all the cash that comes with it , anything else that happens in between would be a bonus :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

VERY good point. Does anyone else think that's the reason we didn't aquire anyone - so it would be easier, perhaps cheaper, for the Malaysians to formalise this takeover without the extra expense promotion would bring to the deal

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

So with the Malaysians looking at taking over and in it for the long haul, are you glad to be proved wrong Annis?

Proved wrong about what Craig ?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You were convinced the Malaysians were ready to jump ship? No money to be made here? Not bothered about CCFC? Etc etc

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You were convinced the Malaysians were ready to jump ship? No money to be made here? Not bothered about CCFC? Etc etc

I am more than happy to be proved wrong that they are in it for the long haul, if its good for our Club, like I always said, I am was also happy if it was finally settled with Langston as long as Cardiff City interests came first and have always said my Club comes first, look at any previous posts. I am not a big fan of theirs, but if they prove good for our club, I will more than be happy to say I was totally wrong.

Craig, I WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT CARDIFF CITY NO MATTER WHO IS THE OWNER or MANAGER. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:17 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:great news carl what we all wanted, get rid of the debtors, shame it took so long and they sold off all our future.

one question i do have tho, and sorry if it sounds negative

out of that 15k how many are on zebra finance, that will pull out simply because they only signed up for a final ticket.

has the first payment been taken ?

Should not effect the club.

The club would have received the money. If Zebra dont receive the payments they cannot ask for the money back off the club.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Good news, but nothing's confirmed yet.

We can only progress if this deal goes ahead, and if it does why does everyone expect there to be big money available for transfers, we all need to take one thing at a time and not get to excited.

cracking news!! onwards and upwards from now on! :ayatollah:

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was one who believed that but after reading this feel much better and happy to be proved wrong :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Great news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:26 pm

This is fantastic news if it happens :ayatollah: