Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Millwall 99

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Ah, the good old days of fighting other fans and terrorising city centres eh lads.

How will football survive without it? Try looking at attendances now and then.

f*cking morons living in the dark ages. :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 pm

NJ73 wrote:Ah, the good old days of fighting other fans and terrorising city centres eh lads.

How will football survive without it? Try looking at attendances now and then.

f*cking morons living in the dark ages. :roll:

I'm afraid I have to agree with our six toed friend from down west. Oi mush some of you lot are actually quite bright isn't it.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Polo is right.

That was the beginning of the end in many ways of what Football was all about for many of us.

Cardiff and its numbers grew and grew, in the early mid 90's it was in your 30's 40's here and there, then into 100 here and a 100 there, by the end of the century it had turned into a machine. Its as simple as that.

After years of playing teams of shit opposition with the highlight being Plymouth, Hereford or Exeter, when we went up in that 1998/99 season when we took a monster of a support to Brentford and 2000 to Cambridge and then the fixtures came out, Millwall at Home, first day of the season, a Saturday in August.. Stop It!

Then there was about 5 or 6 years when Cardiff were regarded as the top firm in the country at the time, of that there is no dispute.

Some people used to say we were all about quantity rather than quality but belive me, and you boys know, we had plenty of quality ;)

The mobs that we took to some places needed to be seen, we were going everywhere, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Wigan, Reading, Wrexham, the mob at Millwall, and then.... Stoke... the downfall.

After Stoke 68 banned, then the bubbles started, then the boys getting jail for West Ham at Home, Stoke at home in the Play Offs, Leeds at home in the Cup, it all started to get ridiculous and you couldnt spit a bread roll seed out of your bun from your burger without getting a 3 year ban.

At the end of the day it was all about passion, 9 times out of 10 there wouldnt be any trouble, it was just lads out on the piss on a Saturday having a release, I used to love it, I have to admit. I paid my price, I did my time. I got banned for what I think would get a slap on the wrist on a six nations weekend.

Football is a different animal now, and maybe it is for the better, who knows.

All I can say is this, going to Football now is like going to the Theatre.

I am not dissing any new fans or whatever people think is a day out at the Football is or should be.

All I know is that its been taken over.

Will Football survive with the modern fan and the way its going?

Will it f**k!

They will soon get bored and if Cardiff end up in the Blue Square Premier we will have 3000 crowds and it will those that
were there before flying the flag whilst the others go back to whatever it was they did before we bacame FA Cup Finalists.

All The Best

MFTHWL

spot on mfthwl :cry:
sometimes i think to myself i wouldnt mind lurking about in the lower leagues again

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:45 pm

1960s to say 2000 for arguments sake is 30-40 years.

Ive grown up, i used to think it was great, and look up to the wrong people.

But man it was a more fun time to be watching football.