Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Millwall 99

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Cracking day out, days like that are gone forever but the memories will always be here, we were good :ayatollah:
Go to 1min 30 secs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDqMGr6_M8

Re: Millwall 99

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:01 pm

be carefull some of the new breed of CITY fans, do not like THIS SORT OF THING, CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: they love to post that we live in the past. :lol: :lol: :lol: F*CK MILLWALL

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 pm

I was at the back of the queue of Millwall fans as I got the train down from London with my mate who was Millwall and the train was packed with them, nasty lot some of them. But they were ok with me :ayatollah:

I was able to leave the convoy when I told a copper I was meeting my dad in a pub in St. Mary street! Didn't believe me at first but when he asked what pub n I told him he let me n my mate to walk in a different direction to the other lot., scary it was as there were a fair few Cardiff looking at us all, and I'm singing under my breath "Blooobirds"

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: THOSE WERE THE DAYS"

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Great comments on that youtube vid :ayatollah: bit to young at the time for me to be in amongst all that carnage but looking at that youtube vid I wish I was there to wittness that days events lol total madness, lot of wall rate that day as one of there best away days even though they come a bit unstuck :lol:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:25 pm

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:Cracking day out, days like that are gone forever but the memories will always be here, we were good :ayatollah:
Go to 1min 30 secs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KDqMGr6_M8

I was there that day and Millwall were well up for it, but when you've got a 1,000 Cardiff waiting for you outside and to still come out and go for it,you've got to be mad, they took a right hammering for it.
Yes 1min 30 secs tells it all, over a 1,000 Cardiff waiting for them.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Crazy day that I remember being in town early on and Millwall had a good mob already out by Mill Lane by 10.00am lol :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 pm

The good old days... In my eyes.
:ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Class day out and probably my favourite season of all time.

Was out early in Canton, electric / evil atmosphere at Ninian Park for the game and then into town afterwards as it was the big weekend! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll never forget being in F Block of the Bob Bank thinking "f**k me, it looked like they brought more than that, from their mob in town"

Then Bingo,

They all walked in and marched right over to the Bob Bank.

Definitely the good old days! Made the hairs stand up on the back of your necks!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 pm

proper nawty football days
world was a better more respectful place back then funnily enough

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:43 pm

You do realise you are actually proud of being a hooligan, f*cking embarrassing mun

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 pm

WestWhite wrote:You do realise you are actually proud of being a hooligan, f*cking embarrassing mun

why are you on here? YOU ARE NOT CARDIFF :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :roll:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:55 pm

WestWhite wrote:You do realise you are actually proud of being a hooligan, f*cking embarrassing mun

Not proud of hooliganism mate, proud of the passion and energy at Cardiff and have very fond memories of when we used to generate incredible atmospheres week in week out.

Something you Jack's will NEVER be able to relate to, as your support is f*cking shit and always has been.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:30 pm

f**k OFF :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Mad old season that was.

Wigan away was a good one aswell., plus the 2 Bristols, Wrexham where we were not
as friendly as we are now and Reading wasnt the walk in the park it is now.

And what a mad end to the season, Stoke Away then Rovers at home.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:50 am

It's better than being a lover of the backside....you faggoty f**k

:bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:55 pm

The sun was shinning the beer was flowing there was a BUZZ of anticipation
and it was only 10am :lol: in town, what a f*cking day that was morning afternoon and evening
how the f**k did they throw a massive drain cover over the grange end wall ? must have needed a few muscle men to lob that heavy thing, had to dodge the f*cking thing when it came flying over into sloper road :?

att was maybe only 10,000 but a cracking atmosphere

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:02 pm

The beginning of the end of football as I know and love

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 pm

i liked the comment underneath,,,,,Screw you all Millwall and Cardiff!! your minnows in comparison to the SWANS!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 pm

im sorry mush
i hang my head in shame for bullying you poor jacks for all those years ;)

one of the biggest mobs of city ever
it brought out lads from every era
one mad day which we will never see again

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Polo is right.

That was the beginning of the end in many ways of what Football was all about for many of us.

Cardiff and its numbers grew and grew, in the early mid 90's it was in your 30's 40's here and there, then into 100 here and a 100 there, by the end of the century it had turned into a machine. Its as simple as that.

After years of playing teams of shit opposition with the highlight being Plymouth, Hereford or Exeter, when we went up in that 1998/99 season when we took a monster of a support to Brentford and 2000 to Cambridge and then the fixtures came out, Millwall at Home, first day of the season, a Saturday in August.. Stop It!

Then there was about 5 or 6 years when Cardiff were regarded as the top firm in the country at the time, of that there is no dispute.

Some people used to say we were all about quantity rather than quality but belive me, and you boys know, we had plenty of quality ;)

The mobs that we took to some places needed to be seen, we were going everywhere, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Wigan, Reading, Wrexham, the mob at Millwall, and then.... Stoke... the downfall.

After Stoke 68 banned, then the bubbles started, then the boys getting jail for West Ham at Home, Stoke at home in the Play Offs, Leeds at home in the Cup, it all started to get ridiculous and you couldnt spit a bread roll seed out of your bun from your burger without getting a 3 year ban.

At the end of the day it was all about passion, 9 times out of 10 there wouldnt be any trouble, it was just lads out on the piss on a Saturday having a release, I used to love it, I have to admit. I paid my price, I did my time. I got banned for what I think would get a slap on the wrist on a six nations weekend.

Football is a different animal now, and maybe it is for the better, who knows.

All I can say is this, going to Football now is like going to the Theatre.

I am not dissing any new fans or whatever people think is a day out at the Football is or should be.

All I know is that its been taken over.

Will Football survive with the modern fan and the way its going?

Will it f**k!

They will soon get bored and if Cardiff end up in the Blue Square Premier we will have 3000 crowds and it will those that
were there before flying the flag whilst the others go back to whatever it was they did before we bacame FA Cup Finalists.

All The Best

MFTHWL

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Great post MFTHWL

Add Man U Cup final to that and the bbc documentary as well.

For me the West Ham Home prison sentances were the end if an era.

They stitched my mate up, they got who they wanted and for me thats when away travel as we know it ended.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:29 pm

You can keep your fancy football you will never have the times we had.

Week after week taking town and city centres over.

Enjoy your arranged travel to souless grounds.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:32 pm

You are right mate.

I should have added the BBC Docos.

There were two wasnt there, the main one, and then another showing us coming back from an away game at Stockport.

I think I know who you are on about aswell judging from where your from.

J? proper stitch up.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:36 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:You are right mate.

I should have added the BBC Docos.

There were two wasnt there, the main one, and then another showing us coming back from an away game at Stockport.

I think I know who you are on about aswell judging from where your from.

J? proper stitch up.

Yes mate. Big time. Since that day weve had a few away days but he organised everywhere and then for oyr lot it just ended. As you say 9/10 no trouble just passion.

Our lot just got off it everywhere. That was the brief before any row.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 pm

A lot of the hooligans labour under the misapprehension that violence has always been prevalent at football and it has only died in the last 10 years or so. The fact is that football used to be a sport enjoyed by normal people who just wanted to go out and watch a game on a Saturday with some mates or their sons, then the brain dead hijacked it for a few decades, and now thank christ they have all gone and left it like it was in the first place. A good day out for decent people to enjoy. I am free to take my boys with me home and away without the chance of them being terrified of some of the behaviour that used to occur.

Football violence will go down in history as a bad time for football and I sincerely hope in never raises it's ugly head ever again.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:07 pm

harold pinta wrote:A lot of the hooligans labour under the misapprehension that violence has always been prevalent at football and it has only died in the last 10 years or so. The fact is that football used to be a sport enjoyed by normal people who just wanted to go out and watch a game on a Saturday with some mates or their sons, then the brain dead hijacked it for a few decades, and now thank christ they have all gone and left it like it was in the first place. A good day out for decent people to enjoy. I am free to take my boys with me home and away without the chance of them being terrified of some of the behaviour that used to occur.

Football violence will go down in history as a bad time for football and I sincerely hope in never raises it's ugly head ever again.

A lot of these so called "hooligans" (i hate that word") are some if citys most loyal and long serving fans.

This misconception they dont cate about the football and just want to cause trouble is utter nonsense.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 pm

harold pinta wrote:A lot of the hooligans labour under the misapprehension that violence has always been prevalent at football and it has only died in the last 10 years or so. The fact is that football used to be a sport enjoyed by normal people who just wanted to go out and watch a game on a Saturday with some mates or their sons, then the brain dead hijacked it for a few decades, and now thank christ they have all gone and left it like it was in the first place. A good day out for decent people to enjoy. I am free to take my boys with me home and away without the chance of them being terrified of some of the behaviour that used to occur.

wrong
football violence has been going on since 1880s
from the 60s youth culture and football violence have gone hand in hand so it did rise to public notice from that time

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 pm

polo wrote:

A lot of these so called "hooligans" (i hate that word") are some if citys most loyal and long serving fans.

This misconception they dont cate about the football and just want to cause trouble is utter nonsense.

I never suggested they that they don't care about football. All I was stating was that hooliganism was just a brief period in football history of about 20 years or so that I hope is now permanently consigned to the dustbin.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

wrong
from the 60s youth culture and football violence have gone hand in hand so it did rise to public notice from that time

If i ever get the time im going to study youth cultures 60's to 90's.

After that itacfarcical

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

wrong

Although there were isolated incidents in the late 1800's, it was in reality extremely rare and of course the world was a different place 130 years ago. Football violence as we know it really didn't become widespread until, as you say the 1960's.