Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pastie Confussion!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Right then, that clown Cameron is on about tax loopholes. However he's not worrying about billionaires keeping their cash off shore, instread he's on about Greggs and stuff which is hot when you buy it.

As I understand it. If you buy cold food then there's no VAT but hot food does have VAT.

When I go to Greggs sometimes the pasties are hot, sometimes they are lukewarm and other times they are cold. Now if it's cold then I'll pay, lets say, £1 but if it's warm then it would be £1.20 because it's still warm from their oven from when it was cooked.

So how do we decide the price when we go in there? Will they have to stab a thermometer in to it to see if it's above ambient temperature? And if that happens and there's only a couple of degrees in it at the time, do you tell them that you'll hang on a bit until it falls below ambient temperature? Perhaps you could take along your hand held fan and give the pastie a blow before paying for it?

Although there's a comedy sketch there somewhere I can see his ending in tears. :lol:

Re: Pastie Confussion!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:19 pm

The guy is a fcking clown.
Greggs will just wait for them to cool and who loses out? The working folk again :roll:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:21 pm

You don't have to worry about it thankfully, the tories have decided use you tax donations to set up a government department to sort it out!

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The guy is a fcking clown.
Greggs will just wait for them to cool and who loses out? The working folk again :roll:

Yes I think that's exactly what will happen. You'll go in there and be able to see trays full but they won't be able to sell them to you until they cool down enough.

Oh well a nice hot pastie from Greggs was nice while it lasted. But if it means they can leave the super rich alone I suppose it's worth the sacrifice.

How come if I buy a cold pie from the chip shop I don't get it cheaper then? Surely they shouldn't be collecting VAT off me for that? How about them closing the loop holes that wrongly take taxes away from you?

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I have got to say Cameron is turning into a right knob. And i helped put him in. Well its gonna be an unamed party i am next voting for as the rest are fooking jokes

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I have got to say Cameron is turning into a right knob. And i helped put him in. Well its gonna be an unamed party i am next voting for as the rest are fooking jokes

Surley it`ll have to have some name ?? :lol:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:39 pm

This Country :roll:

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:01 pm

sometimes the pastys are way too hot to eat anyway, , do you then sue greggs for the blisters in your mouth, i dont mind the C/beef ones being cold any way

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:01 pm

or the dinasaur ones

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Don't forget to buy your pasties when you fill up your car with petrol ;)

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Don't forget to buy your pasties when you fill up your car with petrol ;)

:lol: :lol: :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Ill be alight I seem to be the only fucker in Merthyr who likes the vegetable pasties so they are always cool by the time I get one on lunchtime.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Would love to smash a nice warm pastie right now! :shock: :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Thing is the font charge more or less if it's hot or cold so it's not as if they are trying to do one over the cameron and his cronies

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:49 am

This is something that Tony Blair of labour actually put in place but had to put it on the back burner. Cameron has just picked it up where Labour left it

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 am

did we fight two world wars to have tax put on warm pasties :?: :shock: im with nukes they are all cack.last general election i wrote no confidence across my postal vote and sent it off.believe in the right to vote so that,s why i sent it .we spent a million quid a pop on cruise missiles which we sent into caves in afgan which had already been mashed and this donut wants to claw the money back by taxing steak slices

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:13 am

i went past greggs in cannock yesterday at 4ish.rammed.