Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did you fill up when you would not have normally done so ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: POLL !! Be honest now who bought petrol ?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm

I filled up last night, not cos I panic bought

I need it to get to Cardiff and back tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Finally got some in the Llynfi valley and I only put £30 in, just enough to last me the week.... I didn't see the point in being greedy as all I'd have been doing was denying someone else the chance of getting some.... some greedy shites infront of me were taking the mick mind by filling up the car and 3 petrol cans.... self, self, self... and we wonder why our country is going to the dogs when people have no thought whatsoever for others.... :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:55 pm

No I haven't fuel up as I have 3/4 of a tank as I filled up last Friday .

But the boss in work told us to keep the fuel tanks on the lorries FULL :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:17 pm

I had to fuel up at the Tesco opposite Toby Carvery on the way home from work as my tank was nearly empty. Not only was I behind one of those idiotic panic fuel buyers who only put in a tenner, but he then decides to go into Tesco and keep me waiting 5 mins to do some food shopping! Warra ignorent tosser! :evil:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Had to driving to Middlesboro next week so will use the bike for work
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I had to fuel up at the Tesco opposite Toby Carvery on the way home from work as my tank was nearly empty. Not only was I behind one of those idiotic panic fuel buyers who only put in a tenner, but he then decides to go into Tesco and keep me waiting 5 mins to do some food shopping! Warra ignorent tosser! :evil:

Maybe he was running out too but instead of filling up he decided to be less selfish and just put a tenner in. If everyone was more like that then the problem would be far better :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:43 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I had to fuel up at the Tesco opposite Toby Carvery on the way home from work as my tank was nearly empty. Not only was I behind one of those idiotic panic fuel buyers who only put in a tenner, but he then decides to go into Tesco and keep me waiting 5 mins to do some food shopping! Warra ignorent tosser! :evil:

Maybe he was running out too but instead of filling up he decided to be less selfish and just put a tenner in. If everyone was more like that then the problem would be far better :roll:

So you think he may have been running out and he would just put a tenner in meaning in a few days when it runs out he would have to refuel and cause more unnecessary congestion and queuing for people who genuinely have empty tanks and need to fuel up like myself? Plus you think it's acceptable to leave your car alongside one of the pumps for 5 minutes to do a small food shop and keep people waiting to cause further queuing and congestion? :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:50 pm

i did. filled my jerry can full to the top :ayatollah: i dont know why . i ride my push bike to work :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

So you think he may have been running out and he would just put a tenner in meaning in a few days when it runs out he would have to refuel and cause more unnecessary congestion and queuing for people who genuinely have empty tanks and need to fuel up like myself? Plus you think it's acceptable to leave your car alongside one of the pumps for 5 minutes to do a small food shop and keep people waiting to cause further queuing and congestion? :roll:

To answer your first point, the whole problem has been caused by people buying too much fuel. Petrol stations are filled up by tankers every 3 or 5 days depending on how busy they are. If everyone just bought what they needed, as usual, then the problem would not exist. And whose to say that his tenner wasn't enough to last him a week or two? he may not drive much, maybe he was planning time off work etc etc

As for leaving your car alongside the pump. If you move the car allowing someone else to get to the pump before you've paid this often causes problems for the staff in the garage, especially if you forget which number pump you were at (easily done).

Personally this is why I avoid the petrol stations with big shops.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Had to fill up for the second time this week this morning, but that was only because I was almost empty and had 150 miles to drive today!

Can't believe the panic buying over the last couple of days. Madness

Fair enough if they'd announced a strike, but with them having to give at least 7 days notice it seems pretty crazy.
The country will grind to a halt when they do actually strike!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:03 pm

who can afford to fill up there petrol tanks :roll:

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
harold pinta wrote:

To answer your first point, the whole problem has been caused by people buying too much fuel. Petrol stations are filled up by tankers every 3 or 5 days depending on how busy they are. If everyone just bought what they needed, as usual, then the problem would not exist. And whose to say that his tenner wasn't enough to last him a week or two? he may not drive much, maybe he was planning time off work etc etc

As for leaving your car alongside the pump. If you move the car allowing someone else to get to the pump before you've paid this often causes problems for the staff in the garage, especially if you forget which number pump you were at (easily done).

Personally this is why I avoid the petrol stations with big shops.

To answer your first point, I agree that people have bought too much fuel as in they buy extra cans on top of filling their tanks and you're right that this is unnecessary and does cause a problem with fuel shortage. However, until the past few days, there has never been a problem when people simply fill up when they need to and there has never been problems with queuing and congestion. The obvious reason with all the queuing is people are being greedy and getting as much fuel as they can in fear of the strike and this includes people that have over half a tank and put an extra tenner in just to make sure they have a full tank to make sure they're alright and it's bollocks to everyone else who have empty tanks and have a genuine reason to enter a petrol station to try and fill their cars. I'm not saying that particular guy in front of me today had that attitude, but the numbers of people with this attitude are the reason everyones queuing and petrol stations are running out of fuel.

As for your second point, do you honestly think this guy couldn't move his car forward a touch to allow me to use the pump while he went inside to pay? As I have courtesy and manners, I would have noticed the queuing behind me and moved my car forwards to allow the person behind to use the pump if I knew I would have taken a while going inside to pay. My car would have still been next to the pump I used and there wouldn't have been a problem with me forgetting what pump I used. The fact this guy decided to spend extra time inside the store doing a small food shop is plain ignorence. I'm not saying I would have rushed and pressured myself to get out of the way as soon as possible by any means, but I wouldn't have taken the p!ss at the same time. Some people have respect for others and some people don't and this guy in front of me had no respect, no manners and no courtesy for others. As a result the queue got bigger and cars were queuing outside the entrance by the time I managed to fuel up myself and left, meaning the road started to get blocked which obviously increases the chances of accidents occuring. I hope that ignorent tosser in front of me today is proud of himself but he strikes me as the type of person who doesn't care about anyone else apart from himself.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/london/fuel-strike-francis-maude-fuels-crisis-with-jerry-can-blunder-7594476.html

This Country :roll:

Don't you mean THAT country??…………..stupid english tw@ts. :evil:

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:11 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aways.html

That Country :roll: